Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2012, 12:54 PM

50 posts, read 99,234 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
When an HOA has a rule, presumably a super majority of owners are in favor of that rule, else there would be no rule.
Most have passed away over the years... newer generation moving in..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2012, 03:25 PM

4,280 posts, read 12,669,028 times
OP
It will be critical that you inform the association that they are house cats as in they never leave the house.

Some Others
Many HOA and Condo docs have written into them no pets and/or pet limitations. It is quite common, enforceable, and you know about it going in so you can either agree or look on down the road.

Old 04-05-2012, 09:26 PM

5,581 posts, read 6,508,599 times
Check the HOA Website for forms or waivers.

Old 04-05-2012, 10:45 PM

2,404 posts, read 6,578,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan Transplant View Post
Check the HOA Website for forms or waivers.
Even better check the rules and regulations governing what is allowed re: people who fall under the ADA.

Old 04-09-2012, 08:59 AM

2,401 posts, read 4,684,438 times
Sorry OP, you are out of luck trying to sell w/ your HOA in between... will probably either have to delay closing your deal or even have to deal w/ no closing at all.

And you know...
"Opportunity" especially in a good sale... waits for no one.
You just have to wait for your luck to turn & have someone else offer for the home again.
Someone whom will not question any HOA rules or have HOA bend that rule for them... someone who are of the same type & will happily go with the "community" rules.

Yes, even if it means a smaller pool of buyers... that disadvantage to you the seller (especially in a buyers market when mass appeal {"if" possible, to target 100% of the buyers appeal = everyone wants that home} is best).

Old 04-10-2012, 05:14 AM

50 posts, read 99,234 times
Well I met with the HOA board last night and they approved 2 of the 4 cats. It not what I wanted but two is better than nothings.

Thanks everyone

Old 04-10-2012, 09:02 AM

18,726 posts, read 33,390,141 times
I have not understood why an HOA would limit cats, as long as they are indoor cats.
Certainly towns and mobile home parks and condo associations limit dogs, either by size, number, or none at all. I think my town limits five per household, presumably because more are a "kennel" or business. Very few dogs run loose in my town, because there is a leash law, and no one wants their dog to get run over.
I have six right now, but they're all old and spend almost all their time inside. If they start making noise when outside, I bring them in, plus I have a half-acre lot and am not so close to anyone's windows or noise problems. When I had a beagle/basset, his bay outside could cut steak, and people down the street told me they know when I'm going to work because they heard Snoopy outside baying to come in, so I started going out with him to the yard and bringing him in before he started to hoot and holler.
The local mobile home park only allows one small dog (less than 20 pounds).
Pet rules are one reason I have not considered a condo- not because I want to have six dogs anywhere, but because I do want at least one or two.
But indoor cats and it's not a rental? Doesn't make sense to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate