Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-10-2012, 04:28 PM

1,570 posts, read 4,619,791 times

Advertisements

So I am hoping anyone can respond to this who might have heard of this before. I closed on my condo in early January. About 2 month later an agent called me and has continued calling me and leaving messages on my voicemail about a client she has that is intrested in buying my condo from me. I was taken back by this since I just bought it recetnly and have no plans to sell it. Finally the other day she called and I mistakenly answered. She said "omg you answered!" I explained to her that my house wasnt for sale and I was not quite sure how to got my information (she knew my name). She said she had looked my name and number up in public records and had a client that was very intrested in buying my cond from me. Long story short the condo I own was once a short sale her client had a contract on it for 7 months, the unit went into foreclosure the bank took it over and he moved on. 6 months later after being burned by another short sale her client is back to the drawing board and this time has his eyes set on my place. She said there is nothing on the market in my complex at the moment and if there it is under contract. Her client is in love with my unit and willing to purchase it from me for more than I paid. We have not talked numbers yet and personally I feel I would have to have an offer way over what I paid to even consiider it based on realtor fees and everything else. FYI I paid $159,900 for it. She also explained I am in a high demand area and with little stock. Has anyone heard of this? At first I thought it was a scam but I googled her name found her website she seems highly reputable. Thanks for any feedback.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2012, 05:52 PM

4,511 posts, read 13,583,796 times
Yes, this happens. Agents with clients looking for properties in low inventory areas sometimes will contact owners hoping to find one that may agree to sell. In your case, it sounds like you have a potential buyer that is particularly interested in your condo. You have to decide if you are willing to sell, and for how much.

The buyer may have trouble covering your original purchase price plus all your new expenses if they need a loan and the home does not appraise with the extra costs. I assume you also would want some additional compensation for the trouble of moving and finding another place when you had no intention to do so.

Old 04-10-2012, 05:57 PM

6,957 posts, read 22,315,772 times
Happens in my area a lot. A couple of years ago we had 93 homes on the market, today 30. If I have a client that want's something that isn't on the market now, I'll go back through the MLS data to try and find something that was on the market before.

My problem is that the current owners didn't sell then because they weren't realistic on price, they tend to still be in that frame of mind.

Old 04-11-2012, 11:21 AM

19,441 posts, read 27,850,175 times
In addition to the good advice you've received above, be sure to check with your lender to confirm that you do not have an early payoff penalty or some such issue with selling this house so soon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate