Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-23-2012, 08:00 PM

1 posts, read 1,082 times

Advertisements

I bought a house from a man > we went to a lawyer and had a sales contract typed up,,what is my rights as the buyer?? this man is getting under my skin,,Please help i anyone no my legal rights
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2012, 02:58 AM

8,573 posts, read 12,408,664 times
Read your contract--your rights and responsibilities are detailed there. That's why you should have had your own attorney draft and/or review the contract with you. Any questions would need to be answered by your attorney, since no one on this forum can give you legal advice, just suggestions. It sounds like you didn't have an attorney...and it sounds like you need to get one, even at this late date. Better late than never, but better never late.

Old 04-24-2012, 06:27 AM

487 posts, read 1,358,081 times
What specifically is the problem?
Have you closed on the house?
How is the Seller getting under your skin?
Nobody on this board can help you because this is a Legal problem.
We just want to know the details.

Old 04-24-2012, 07:25 AM

675 posts, read 1,816,598 times
If OP has buyer agent, does he still need an attorney for paperwork?

Old 04-24-2012, 08:18 AM

4,511 posts, read 13,580,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelBy View Post
Sounds like this is a FSBO purchase with no agent involved. Either that, or possibly in a state where attorneys write the contract.

I agree with above posts. Your contract should spell out your options. If you don't understand it, then you need to review your options/rights with an attorney.

Old 04-24-2012, 08:19 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,731,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelBy View Post
This is a regional thing dependent on state laws and customs.
My state forbids real estate agents from altering contracts and all real estate board approved contracts provide for an attorney review contingency.

It is customary in my state for :

Both the buyer and seller to be represented by respective attorneys, and
The attorneys to negotiate post inspection repairs, and
The attorneys represent and show at closing, too.

Sometimes, there are too many cooks in the kitchen.

Old 04-24-2012, 08:22 AM

6,175 posts, read 12,937,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenda Daniels View Post
I bought a house from a man > we went to a lawyer and had a sales contract typed up,,what is my rights as the buyer?? this man is getting under my skin,,Please help i anyone no my legal rights
What does this mean? If you BOUGHT the house already, then you have all the rights of any homeowner. If you mean that you are under contract to buy the house, then tell us what the issues are, and how he is getting "under your skin."

Old 04-24-2012, 05:14 PM

3,398 posts, read 5,105,330 times
The OP gives absolutely no information, how are so many people finding something to say?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate