Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-26-2007, 06:54 AM

631 posts, read 2,446,515 times

Advertisements

With the market being slow I've decided it's time to diversify my inventory from mostly just land ( a luxury purchase ) to homes (a needed purchase).

I'm in a small town and my office is very visable. I have a good reputation in town as honest, hard working and can sell. But also my reputation is I Only Sell Land. My new associate has picked up homes in her area(different county), singlewides, doublewides and cabins and those have sold fairly well.
I can pick up land listings all day long, in fact some lately I've turned down.
I'm not completly out of the home market as I do have a couple in the country for sale and a cabin.

Any tips on picking up home listings? My thoughts were mail out postcards and put an ad in the paper. I'm sure my big red Land Sales banner on my office won't generate home listings for me. Thanks, your feedback is most appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2007, 02:46 PM

2,124 posts, read 8,844,683 times
You have got to start letting your sphere know that you know houses, not just land!! Ok, I know that was obvious. I would start by the simple way: call them!! You sold them land, did they build a house on it? put a trailer on it? anything? You need to call them, check in with them, and let them know you can do houses. And do they have friends or neighbors that might benefit from your expertise. Simple, call them.

Old 09-26-2007, 06:47 PM

4 posts, read 9,224 times
Well, for me direct mailing rules.
Another thing I want you to keep in mind is this. Real estate is always good to invest in, but you have to be aware of what stage of the cycle it is in. It doesn't always go up as people like to think, when the real estate cycle is in a downward phase, in some markets houses actually lose value. You must know what phase your local market is in before you buy any house or apartment. For example, in San Diego right now, appreciation is plummeting ... but you can still make money. While the market's tanking you have to stick with buying junkers super cheap from banks and wholesaling them to investors. That the only place where there is demand, among investors, and it's where you can keep your risk to a minimum so that's where you focus. Forget rehabbing or holding anything until the market recovers.
There's a fantastic research tool so you can know where your market is and make the right moves. Check it out. Real estate investing. research tool

Old 09-27-2007, 04:09 AM

2,407 posts, read 10,682,321 times
Direct Mail and word-of-mouth.

Why not send a brochure to your existing clients with a market update and let them know you can take care of their residential listings, end-to-end. Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate