Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2007, 10:43 AM

301 posts, read 1,546,716 times

Advertisements

Do these type sales work.We recived a letter from the broker about the up coming sale on Oct.2.They are asking for a 5% price reduction or incentive.Our agent finally got back with us today with a figure and we need let her know today if we want in on the sale.Not much time to think about it.Any input. My deal is we have lived in the home 9 years.I have had to retire early and we would like to down size to fit our new budget.I know what the housing deal is at the time.I have lots of time to study it.Its just a very frustrating time.I do think I made a mistake with the agent we choose.I know for sure we will not use her for buying our next home.We had her show us one house.And she didn't feel it was the house for us.And was very negative about it.I mean way overboard negative. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2007, 11:52 AM

1,065 posts, read 4,145,865 times
If it's free for you to participate, and you would be willing to sell for the discount, go for it. It can't hurt.

As far as it working....The way you describe it doesn't seem like it's a real auction, just a glorified open house. Real Auctions usually take at least 30 days for the advertising blitz, you the owner pays for all marketing costs up front, you the owner doesn't pay any real estate commission, and unless your in the million+ price range you should be a part of a larger auction, held off site, hopefully with at least some properties being sold absolute (to the highest bidder regardless of price) as the absolute properties are what really brings in the buyers.

Old 10-13-2007, 05:58 AM

301 posts, read 1,546,716 times
I know its not a real auction.Its just a play on words.And nothing is for free.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate