Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2013, 01:08 PM

3,826 posts, read 5,806,501 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by accufitgolf View Post
Our HOA docs say one cannot rent their home in the first year after purchase. We have one home where the owners daughter and her husband moved in right after close. We have another where the owners father moved in upon close. The owners do not live in either one, but technically they are not rented. As they are nice neighbors, we just keep a blind eye to it and we do not count them as "renters".
I was wondering that HOA can do about people renting their places even though they not supposed to? Make them pay? How much? Saw few communities like that in my area. Inverstors usually stay away from these communities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2013, 11:54 AM

3,398 posts, read 5,106,606 times
I get the impression that everyone that buys these are not signing the same addendum. The last one I sold read something like "buyer intends to occupy as their primary residence for 2 years." I think without seeing what was actually signed there is not way to tell if it is fraud. In my opinion saying you intend to do something and then not doing it would not be fraud. The document didn't state one way or another what the buyer would actually do, just stated their intentions at the time of purchase. People can change their mind. Would it be fraud in this case I just mentioned? I don't think it is clear. It just seems to me the idea is to discourage things from becoming rental properties without actually keeping someone prisoner if there is a job transfer or a real need to move, making it possible for them to sell and leave without committing fraud.

Either way I think it's all BS. As an investor what I want to do is buy low, improve the house, which helps the neighborhood and then sell quickly to someone else for what it a more than fair price for them. I can't figure out why these stupid government entities think I'm the bad guy.

Old 03-29-2013, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyngawf View Post
Either way I think it's all BS. As an investor what I want to do is buy low, improve the house, which helps the neighborhood and then sell quickly to someone else for what it a more than fair price for them. I can't figure out why these stupid government entities think I'm the bad guy.
Some investors are buying cheap houses for rent and making huge profit afterwards. With low invertory as we have in our area rent prices are high.

Old 03-29-2013, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EngGirl View Post
Some investors are buying cheap houses for rent and making huge profit afterwards. With low invertory as we have in our area rent prices are high.
I still see nothing wrong.

Old 03-30-2013, 08:50 PM

Quote:
I still see nothing wrong.
Do you understand that average home buyer has less adventages compare to average investor? Without programs like "first look" average home buyer has no chances to buy a house over average investor.

Old 03-30-2013, 09:07 PM

1,092 posts, read 3,436,775 times
Because they want more owner occupied residents in neighborhoods.

Frankly, the first look deals are often not even a good deal in the area I'm looking.

Old 03-31-2013, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Do you understand that average home buyer has less adventages compare to average investor? Without programs like "first look" average home buyer has no chances to buy a house over average investor.
People that really need these kind of programs often can't afford to maintain a house if they buy one. That is worse for neighborhoods than rentals. What is wrong with renting if you can't really afford to buy?

Old 03-31-2013, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litlove71 View Post
Because they want more owner occupied residents in neighborhoods.

Frankly, the first look deals are often not even a good deal in the area I'm looking.
Same here. Just because it is an REO doesn't make it a good deal.

Old 03-31-2013, 03:51 PM

Quote:
People that really need these kind of programs often can't afford to maintain a house if they buy one. That is worse for neighborhoods than rentals. What is wrong with renting if you can't really afford to buy?
what programs?????

Old 03-31-2013, 04:51 PM

Quote:
what programs?????
Government loan programs and ridiculous rules about who can buy what where.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate