Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Whould you prefer to sell to
an investor 3 8.33%
someone who will live in the house 33 91.67%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2013, 08:33 AM

6,496 posts, read 10,395,817 times

Advertisements

I wouldn't care, as long as their money is good. Best offer wins in my book every time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2013, 08:38 AM

17,573 posts, read 46,196,341 times
The poll really needed a third choice.

Old 06-09-2013, 09:02 AM

4,787 posts, read 11,781,603 times
The highest offer with a buyer in best financial position to obtain financing and who can close soon.

Who cares otherwise who buys it. Why would anyone turn down a perfectly good offer from an investor and wait around for who knows how long until an owner occupant shows up. Sellers can be missing out moving to their dream home doing that or can miss a good mortgage rate on the their next home.

You have to learn your bottom line. If you think an investor is offering too low, then you have to figure out how many more mortgage payments you might have to make until another buyer comes along, how much extra in real estate tax, HOA fees, water, sewer fees, etc. you might have to pay. Sometimes the offer really is too low, sometimes it is viable. Much will depend on your market.

Selling a home is business deal. It's not an adversarial transaction. People would do best to leave their emotions out of it. It's about that all important bottom line. Nothing else matters.

Old 06-09-2013, 02:07 PM

4,565 posts, read 10,675,023 times
I don't care either.

The new family could easily change jobs and move out 6 months from now and the new owner rents it to section 8. No guarantee the new owner will stay, so it doesn't matter who you sell it to.

Old 06-09-2013, 02:26 PM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,687 posts, read 81,455,155 times
I didn't vote because it makes no difference to me as long as they have the money and make a good offer.

Old 06-09-2013, 03:10 PM

8,869 posts, read 16,342,293 times
That survey needs a button for "Don't care." I'm with Manderly6. Everything changes. If you're into nostalgia, take a lot of pictures while you live there.

Old 06-09-2013, 03:48 PM

3,736 posts, read 5,789,218 times
Obviously, OP has a sense of responsibility toward the people living in the neighborhood. How nice to know that there are still people like that alive in The Zone Formerly Known as America.

Investors could turn the home into a rental unit. That happened in my old town, and endless grief to the decent people who had lived there for decades has been the result. All kinds of filth has moved into those rental houses.

Or the 'Investor' could knock down the home and put up a Section 8 InstaSlum building.

I think that caring about what happens to the people who have been one's neighbors is admirable. It's called Altruism. Real Americans are wired for Altruism.

Old 06-09-2013, 04:21 PM

17,573 posts, read 46,196,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandviewGloria View Post
Obviously, OP has a sense of responsibility toward the people living in the neighborhood. How nice to know that there are still people like that alive in The Zone Formerly Known as America.

Investors could turn the home into a rental unit. That happened in my old town, and endless grief to the decent people who had lived there for decades has been the result. All kinds of filth has moved into those rental houses.

Or the 'Investor' could knock down the home and put up a Section 8 InstaSlum building.

I think that caring about what happens to the people who have been one's neighbors is admirable. It's called Altruism. Real Americans are wired for Altruism.
So you think all renters are scum and will ruin a neighborhood. Interesting. I rented a house once.

Old 06-09-2013, 04:23 PM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,687 posts, read 81,455,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandviewGloria View Post

Maybe in your old town, but that would not be an issue here, where rent on our house would be 30% more than a house payment at about $3,200/month. I could rent it out now and buy another house and make money. People that can afford that much rent are not likely to cause problems in the neighborhood.

Old 06-10-2013, 08:21 AM

3,770 posts, read 6,754,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuilterChick View Post
So what are you saying, you would sell it for less $$ to a buyer you "like"? If you are that emotionally attached to the house ... stay there. It's a business transaction, sell it to the best buyer who will bring you to the closing table and you get paid.

Everything that poster 2013 said above.

i'm not attached to the house. but i'd prefer the buyer to be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate