Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2014, 03:45 PM

3,391 posts, read 4,480,807 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoreSnowForMe View Post
That would be all whites, right?
Oh, please! Earlier in the same post I said, "many, if not most." I clearly didn't mean ALL. Stop trying to derail the conversation by bringing up silly, nit-picky objections!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2014, 05:26 PM

12,547 posts, read 9,930,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HLS14 View Post
Eddie haskell, serious question. Did you eat paint chips as a child? Your question has been answered over and over again. You have a problem with minorities, we get it. You're racist, we understand. We're just not going to justify it. No matter how many ways you phrase it nor how many hypotheticals you come up with. As I saod before check out stormfront.com, I bet you that everyone agrees that nothing you said is racist. You know because birds of a feather.....
At this point you are way too emotional to be involved in this conversation. This post any future post like it will be ignored.

Old 05-17-2014, 06:28 PM

2,283 posts, read 3,855,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
At this point you are way too emotional to be involved in this conversation. This post any future post like it will be ignored.
You've ignored every post in the thread anyway.

Ah. Figured it out. Every time you've tried to get your racist troll bait out there, those threads get locked - much like this surprisingly similar one:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/philo...r-certain.html

Or this overly-awesome comment in another locked thread:

Quote:
[I feel guilty for being white. I hate my skin color.

Listen, there's a forum that would love to have you. It's right here:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/polit...controversies/

Have fun wading around in that cesspool - it'll be much easier to light off flame wars there.

Last edited by RoadWarrior12; 05-17-2014 at 06:38 PM..

Old 05-17-2014, 07:02 PM

18,813 posts, read 32,487,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersParkGuy View Post
Oh, please! Earlier in the same post I said, "many, if not most." I clearly didn't mean ALL. Stop trying to derail the conversation by bringing up silly, nit-picky objections!
Oh, I'm sorry. So, "many if not most whites____________________"? Fill in the blank... is okay to say?

Just trying to get your silly, nitpicky rules clear here, regarding your generalities regarding whites.

Old 05-17-2014, 08:12 PM

13,696 posts, read 7,979,859 times
Quote:
...Do you know any landlords that make race an issue?
I own eight rentals and over the years have found race has little do with who causes problems and who doesn't.

It's the income of the person, their credit score and rental history which needs to be taken into account.

For example I do not accept Section 8 renters (low income applicants whose rent is subsidized by the government.)

Nor will I accept anyone without a rental background I can personally verify.

Old 05-17-2014, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadWarrior12 View Post
You've ignored every post in the thread anyway.

Ah. Figured it out. Every time you've tried to get your racist troll bait out there, those threads get locked - much like this surprisingly similar one:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/philo...r-certain.html

Or this overly-awesome comment in another locked thread:

Listen, there's a forum that would love to have you. It's right here:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/polit...controversies/

Have fun wading around in that cesspool - it'll be much easier to light off flame wars there.
My previous comments stands. Lets not get personal.

Old 05-17-2014, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by john3232 View Post
I own eight rentals and over the years have found race has little do with who causes problems and who doesn't.

It's the income of the person, their credit score and rental history which needs to be taken into account.

For example I do not accept Section 8 renters (low income applicants whose rent is subsidized by the government.)

I wonder how some may view rejecting a section 8 tennant vs rejecting tennants of a certain race/culture that have been more problematic. It basically comes down to race vs preconceived notions about low income people.

Old 05-17-2014, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersParkGuy View Post
The problem isn't that I "view everything through the prism of racism." The problem is that we have come to the point where many, if not most, white Americans simply cannot see that racism exists.
I'd say that many if not most Americans don't have a true racist bone in their body (i.e. certain races are inherently below me and all people of that race deserve less than me). They may base some of their opinions about races based on the people that live in their city, those they work with/go to school with, what they see on TV/music, or other general stereotypes. For good or bad, I think human nature is to try and organize or classify the world we live in (real life...not internet life) so we can make better sense of it. For example, if one lives in a city where purple people make up 10% of the general population and 50% of the jail/prison population, one may be a little more leery of purple folks in certain situations. Is that racist or just looking at the stats/odds? What if everyday they tune into the 5 o'clock news and constantly see a high proportion of purple folks hijacking cars/selling drugs/committing murder/assaulting people? Should this anecdotal evidence be disregarded by people that naturally want to make sense of the world they live in?

Quote:
How can the OP even ask if "preferring" certain races is racist? That is like asking if water is wet! White America has raised the bar for what qualifies as racism so high, it has become impossible to clear. If anyone dares to suggests that something may be racist, large numbers of white Americans immediately start yelling, "stop playing the race card!" It is like you are not allowed to even mention racism anymore, unless the "victim" happens to be white. Then, of course, you can talk about racism all you want! It is complete insanity.
Where are these large numbers of white americans you speak of? Do you watch TV or read newspapers/magazines? No white person with an ounce of credibility (or a job that relies on sponsors) will make even slightly controversial remarks about race. They actually go to the opposite end of the spectrum and sometimes come across as overly outraged.

Ha...as we speak a show I'm watching had a pimp talking about getting black girls for Donald Sterling and that he previously didn't think he was racist, but now he does.

Old 05-17-2014, 09:42 PM

18,813 posts, read 32,487,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by john3232 View Post

Which would pretty much include all immigrants. In Silicon Valley, this would include a huge number of Indian and Chinese techies.

So, your policies discriminate against people moving here from other countries...

Who else won't have verifiable rental backgrounds? Recent graduates? So, age would be a factor there...

I worked for Anheuser Bush many, many years ago - around 1995. And they had a policy way back then that they would only hire college graduates. This was their way of discriminating, in a sly, politically correct way. Or so I was told by someone at the time in the company. This was a sly, yet fairly common way for companies to discriminate against African Americans way back when, as there were few with college degrees at the time, compared to whites.

There are many forms of discrimination. Even your "fair" policy discriminates against people of other countries, and people of a certain age.

Just sayin'

Old 05-17-2014, 09:47 PM

13,696 posts, read 7,979,859 times
Quote:
...It basically comes down to race vs preconceived notions about low income people.
My feeling is it's often human nature to worry less about something (in this case my property) if you aren't paying in full but subsidized. This can be Section 8 applicants as well as college students hoping to have parents co-sign (which I also refuse.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate