Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2014, 06:12 AM

35,703 posts, read 21,063,743 times

Advertisements

YES I said in earlier posts didn't care where they were from, its not about the people themselves. it is about corporations. And yes the foreign investment has always been- but now it has a different business plan, and is much much larger than it has ever been,

QUOTE_-Some might call this just plain old capitalism.
But when the market is rigged so that Wall Street and the Big Banks are the winners - it's not capitalism - it's cronyism.

Real Estate "Flopping" The New Corporate Screw Job

you know I am not the only one crying foul here. Simple math, it's becoming a monopoly and worse, another country will own all we have, and as corporations are now people, they will say how we should live, or not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2014, 04:34 AM

35,703 posts, read 21,063,743 times
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/business/os-borrow-cash-homes-

20140818,0,5250989.storyMost Orlando luxury home transactions are cash sales - Orlando Sentinel

Crowdfunding is just one new financing option that has emerged in a metro area where 56 percent of all home sales were paid for with cash in May, "We're never the sponsor of the loan and we're only the marketplace," founder Nav Athwal said. "We're trying to provide an alternative to banks."

outside the box funds hmmm

Last edited by tinytrump; 08-19-2014 at 04:52 AM..

Old 08-19-2014, 06:44 AM

22,146 posts, read 33,544,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
YES I said in earlier posts didn't care where they were from, its not about the people themselves. it is about corporations. And yes the foreign investment has always been- but now it has a different business plan, and is much much larger than it has ever been,

QUOTE_-Some might call this just plain old capitalism.
But when the market is rigged so that Wall Street and the Big Banks are the winners - it's not capitalism - it's cronyism.

Real Estate "Flopping" The New Corporate Screw Job

you know I am not the only one crying foul here. Simple math, it's becoming a monopoly and worse, another country will own all we have, and as corporations are now people, they will say how we should live, or not.

This has been happening for more than few years now. You want to blame someone? Blame the banks and the government for changing the rules on foreclosures and how those foreclosures get handled. Back in 2012 I was getting deals snatched out right from under me by cash investors. I finally gave up. The few houses I " won" the bid on I didn't have the issue with what I offered because I was willing to pay. What I had a issue with was the 50-80k in repairs needed from all the deferred or nonexistent repairs.
All the loan mods are designed to do is get money for the bank. ALL these loan mods, declining to foreclose and keeping houses off the market or REIT/REO deals banks make to sell or rent properties to hedge funds. Is designed to make old bank loans (from the bubble era) solvent by reselling to another person or getting rent in until prices get back up to sell for the old loan amount. It's by no means designed to help Joe American or Suzy Homemaker.
All banks want is high prices to clear old loans. And the FED is suppressing rates to make housing "affordable". Because the ONLY way to make housing affordable is to keep borrowing rates low. Another way is to basically up the income. That/0s what the FED tried to do with QE but IRS simply not working. So now they don't know what the f to do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate