Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2014, 07:38 AM

3,490 posts, read 6,102,365 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasHorseLady View Post
So, didn't read the rest of the thread before jumping in, I take it?
Correct, too much blah blah to cover all of it. Easier to respond to the facts laid out initially.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2014, 08:47 AM

20,958 posts, read 45,420,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lurtsman View Post
Correct, too much blah blah to cover all of it. Easier to respond to the facts laid out initially.
Except that your suggestions, and reasons why some would not work having to do with the local law, were already covered and answered.

Guess it's a pet peeve of mine when people jump into conversations where they CAN get up to speed without doing so because, after all, what they have to say is so much more important than what anyone else said or than actually knowing what's going on based on the conversation before their arrival. Now, THAT is the very definition of blah blah.

Old 11-22-2014, 11:13 AM

8,583 posts, read 16,017,106 times
Quote:
Except that your suggestions, and reasons why some would not work having to do with the local law, were already covered and answered.

Guess it's a pet peeve of mine when people jump into conversations where they CAN get up to speed without doing so because, after all, what they have to say is so much more important than what anyone else said or than actually knowing what's going on based on the conversation before their arrival. Now, THAT is the very definition of blah blah.

Silly pet peeve..there are so many other worthy ones I can think of...
This is not "work" where you should be up to speed before attending a meeting and
if you don't you are hurting productivity...

Old 11-22-2014, 12:16 PM

10,990 posts, read 20,575,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Screw them, they're sabotaging your sale to buy your property cheap.

Inform them that if you cant sell it you're considering leasing it to the city for a halfway house to get people back on their feet after prison. Do this in passing.

They will most likely then reconsider their actions.
I think that idea is hilarious!

Old 11-22-2014, 01:27 PM

250 posts, read 694,644 times
Quote:
So, didn't read the rest of the thread before jumping in, I take it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by lurtsman View Post
Quote:

Applause! Applause!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly237 View Post
Silly pet peeve..there are so many other worthy ones I can think of...
This is not "work" where you should be up to speed before attending a meeting and
if you don't you are hurting productivity...
Ah, kelly237, you say this as though hurt productivity only matters at work. Do you believe that? I think productivity matters here on CD and in other non-work activities. People want to spend their time wisely even in recreational activities. Even in doing mediation. Even in lying in a hammock and drinking lemonade. Even in being easy going.

Fortunately only a few people waste our time on CD by posting suggestions and information that has already been solidly debunked. And their arrogance is particularly objectionable because they put their desire not to waste their time, their desire to take the easy way for themselves, above that of all other CD participants in the thread. That is, one person's useless post wastes the time of all its subsequent readers. Wasting the time of one other or a few other CD participants is bad enough but a time-wasting post on CD is scalable - it can have a lot of readers.

I don't think a CD participant who wants to participate in a long thread has to read every prior comment, but at least sample enough of them to get a flavor of what has gone before. Perhaps if a person is not willing to do this, he/she should pass on commenting.

Old 11-22-2014, 04:14 PM

4,565 posts, read 10,661,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgali View Post
Also, they have been taking care of the mowing and the yard work and one potential buyer was turned off because she saw the lady driving the mower in her bikini and told the realtor that's not okay.

I know there are restraining orders and legal routes to take but would prefer to start more amicably.
So you hired them to take care of the lawn, and now you want a restraining order? How about simply stop having them mow your property. And post no trespassing signs?

Old 11-22-2014, 10:01 PM

8,583 posts, read 16,017,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hmrd View Post

Ah, kelly237, you say this as though hurt productivity only matters at work. Do you believe that? I think productivity matters here on CD and in other non-work activities. People want to spend their time wisely even in recreational activities. Even in doing mediation. Even in lying in a hammock and drinking lemonade. Even in being easy going.

Fortunately only a few people waste our time on CD by posting suggestions and information that has already been solidly debunked. And their arrogance is particularly objectionable because they put their desire not to waste their time, their desire to take the easy way for themselves, above that of all other CD participants in the thread. That is, one person's useless post wastes the time of all its subsequent readers. Wasting the time of one other or a few other CD participants is bad enough but a time-wasting post on CD is scalable - it can have a lot of readers.

I don't think a CD participant who wants to participate in a long thread has to read every prior comment, but at least sample enough of them to get a flavor of what has gone before. Perhaps if a person is not willing to do this, he/she should pass on commenting.

You are wasting my time with your off topic rant...

Old 11-22-2014, 11:52 PM

51,655 posts, read 25,843,388 times
It might be a poor financial move to sell the back part of your property to the neighbors.

It could limit the pool of buyers as I suspect many would want the additional acreage. Having a bit of land is why people chose a more rural home.

It might lower the value of your home by much more than what you get from the neighbors.

I would recommend finding someone else to take care of the property.

You may want to put the letter from the lawyer off until later. There is really not much you can sue them for at this point as you have no incurred no financial damages yet.

Start by talking with your neighbors about how you cannot afford to do a rent-to-own or accept a low offer. You need to get a fair value for your home and you plan to do so. If they want to sell their home and buy yours, that might be a good option for them.

Mention that you are saving the names and contact information of prospective buyers, that your realtor will let them know that the neighbors are trying to buy the property and to take what they say with a grain of salt.

If the conversation does not go well, you can tell them if you end up selling the property for less than its value, you will certainly pursue legal action.

Old 11-23-2014, 06:51 AM

3,490 posts, read 6,102,365 times
Quote:

Unfortunately on the majority of threads there are so many responses that don't understand the basics of the world that their comprehension of the thread becomes moot . Sorry about stepping on the pet peeve. I really only do it with threads that have become too long for good sense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate