Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2015, 07:58 PM

21 posts, read 19,696 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
Neighbor down the road has an old outhouse out by the road as yard art. I just tune it out. He also has an old bicycle with the front wheel replaced by a lawn mower reel, which I think is rather cool.

The family I consider to be riff raff built a dirt bike track in their front yard, bought their kid a motorcycle, and invited all of his riff raff teenage friends to roar around on their motorcycles all, day long, starting at 6 am and going until after dark, and frequently shouting out the F word at the top of their lungs.

When neighbors complained, they just replied that it is just kids having fun and it shouldn't bother anyone. This was in a residential neighborhood, not way out in the country on large acreage.
my crazy husband would have taken apart the motorcycle in the middle of the night
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2015, 08:18 PM

120 posts, read 309,683 times
I grow vegetables on my front lawn.

Old 08-27-2015, 08:18 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,383,279 times
From 6 am til noon ...people stagger out of your house with their shirts
half tucked in, squinting.

Old 08-27-2015, 08:56 PM

17,711 posts, read 29,823,179 times
Drink booze and smoke weed on my front patio.
Talk to my pink flamingo named Featherstone.
Yell at kids to get off my lawn. My Medicare card says I can do that.

Old 08-27-2015, 10:34 PM

6,143 posts, read 7,556,449 times
My people!!!

Let's see...our grass is mowed but not perfectly edged. Our trash cans aren't completely hidden, we have a thirty year old fifth wheel and a forty-plus year old popup behind our house. We sometimes park in the street and my husband works on his pickup truck in the driveway. We also have a menagerie of pets. Is that enough to qualify as riff-raff?

Old 08-27-2015, 11:06 PM

1,399 posts, read 1,799,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeagleLady View Post
My people!!!

Let's see...our grass is mowed but not perfectly edged. Our trash cans aren't completely hidden, we have a thirty year old fifth wheel and a forty-plus year old popup behind our house. We sometimes park in the street and my husband works on his pickup truck in the driveway. We also have a menagerie of pets. Is that enough to qualify as riff-raff?
Winner! Winner! Chicken Dinner!

Old 08-27-2015, 11:46 PM

112 posts, read 133,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauriedeee View Post
tacky... tacky.... Chester has to go.

The garden gnome can stay though. I've got about 20 of them in my garden.
Thats a lot of garden gnomes!

Chester does wear a bow tie. Not sure if that makes it better or not

Old 08-27-2015, 11:54 PM

3,205 posts, read 2,485,925 times
We live on acreage but still are "riff-raff". Houses across the road in gated community just sold for $1.2 million and $750k. Ours isn t worth that much. Neighbor put up a 600' long chain link fence. We have several large burn piles mouldering as there has been a burn ban for months. We have a gravel driveway. My grandpa's crosscut saw hangs over the garage door. We have some downed alders laying in the pasture which is never mowed. I will venture out in the garden in my flannel pjs. We play loud rock music when we are outside. We have some large compost bins. Our lawns are never watered as we hate to mow them. We have some funky yard art like an old tractor rim, logging pulleys, a big old iron triangle, old watering cans, etc.

Old 08-28-2015, 07:53 AM

9,361 posts, read 14,107,382 times
I live in a one-person HOA. I am the board of directors. I take all the complaints. I order all the work to be done. Oh yeah, I live on a hobby farm. But, my place is ALWAYS mowed and tidy. My HOA expects it. One annoying thing I do though is to run power equipment before 8 am in summer and on weekends. Tsk, tsk.

Old 08-28-2015, 09:28 AM

2,407 posts, read 3,189,508 times
From our neighborhood- one of the riches towns in NJ!

Kiddie pool and lawn chairs in front yard
Backhoe in front yard- this was a work in progress house that took about 3 years
House partially built with Tyvek ties around it (for 4-5 years!)
Lawn hasn't been mowed in weeks and paint peeling off house (lawn high enough to hide small animals) There are a few of these over the years
Front yard full of lawn chairs and old cars (we had a couple of houses with old cars in front, my favorite was the one that used 2 old VW buses for extra storage so there was crap you could see piled up to the roof through the windows)

From our neighborhood in FL that is in an HOA

Cars parked on and over sidewalk
Trees and plants growing over sidewalk so you have to duck or walk off the sidewalk to get around
Kids toys all over sidewalk
Trailer parked on front lawn (they got after this one)
Construction trailer with plywood and tools leaning against it in the driveway
Motorcycles being revved up- sounded like someone was doing work on it all Sat afternoon
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate