Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2015, 01:10 PM

12 posts, read 11,278 times

Advertisements

Hello, thank you for taking the time to help me out.

We were coming up to the close of escrow on our first home and the septic had not been inspected. They finally performed an inspection and the septic failed; the seller installed a new septic system. They contracted with a local company who, per contract, is not responsible for damage to sprinkler lines. However, the real estate agent, in a hurry because he waited 17 days to start the septic repair in the first place, decided to just bury it even though he knew the lines were damaged. (I know that he knew because after we complained about it the day we closed when the sprinkler timer went on and a guyser appeared in the yard, he said that he already had called somebody yesterday to come have a look at the sprinklers and they would be there today or tomorrow.) He has promised my agent and her broker several times that he would send somebody over to look at the sprinklers however this has not happened. He is beginning to lie as he said he sent someone over and I told him to go away because it's now my property. (In reality it was a man who had been mowing the lawn while the house was for sale and all that man did was try to get me to pay him a hundred and $145 a month to mow my lawn. Nothing about the sprinklers was said.) A couple of other interesting facts about this real estate agent: he has said he would give the keys to the sheds, the blueprints to a structure on the property, the key to the back glass sliding door, as well as the garage door openers, there are 6 sprinkler lines on timers-after the septic was buried, 3 of the wires were cut. Because of the sprinkler problem he is withholding all of these things. It is kind of hard to move into a new house without being able to access the two large sheds. I am at the point where I'm so frustrated and I feel bad for the seller who does not even know any of these problems are going on. She is now open to the liability of legal recourse, as I am thinking about going to small claims court. This agent is so unethical to do that to his client- it wouldn't take more than $500 to $800 to fix the entire sprinklers. Now our front lawn which was green when we signed the contract is brown. This agent has single handedly turned the American dream into a living nightmare for me and my husband. Each night we argue about who is going to water the front lawn. Any suggestions for me? If I have left out any pertinent information just let me know and I will add it. Thank you in advance for all of your help. God bless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2015, 02:32 PM

9,891 posts, read 11,768,929 times
Just notify that agent and their broker both, that they have 3 days to solve the problems. Failure to solve the problems will have you placing a formal complaint to the state agency over real estate licenses, plus a formal complaint to the State Association of Realtors.

Nothing will speed up the action by a Realtor like trying to solve the problems like knowing those two entities are going to be asked to come down on them.

Old 08-27-2015, 02:43 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,198,692 times
Do you not like the answers you received in the Houston thread?

At COE all hell broke loose...Please HELP!!!

Old 08-27-2015, 03:08 PM

12,016 posts, read 12,764,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missinnocuous View Post
the American dream into a living nightmare for me and my husband. Each night we argue about who is going to water the front lawn. Any suggestions for me? .
Can't you just connect the hose to one of those sprinkler attachments?

or make your own from a soda bottle

Old 08-28-2015, 12:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Do you not like the answers you received in the Houstonthread?[/url]

@Rakin- this was the first time I created a thread. I'm super embarrassed, I could not figure out how to delete that thread once I realized it was the Houston one. On top of that, I live in California so I had no business being in Houston, lol-oops!

Sorry about that. And, yes I do like the answers I received in the Houston post. Thank you to everyone.

Old 08-28-2015, 12:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by so954 View Post
Can't you just connect the hose to one of those sprinkler attachments?

or make your own from a soda bottle
I love that idea. Thank you! Isn't it funny how obvious an answer is, but when you're in that situation you don't even realize it? I just joined this website today, and I'm really liking it, it is super fun!

Old 08-28-2015, 12:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtrader View Post
Just notify that agent and their broker both, that they have 3 days to solve the problems. Failure to solve the problems will have you placing a formal complaint to the state agency over real estate licenses, plus a formal complaint to the State Association of Realtors.

Nothing will speed up the action by a Realtor like trying to solve the problems like knowing those two entities are going to be asked to come down on them.
Thank you!

BEST ANSWER thus far. Along with the threat of the 2 entities shall I mention litigation a later all?

Old 08-28-2015, 04:18 AM

85 posts, read 122,399 times
According to me solve the problems will have you placing a formal complaint to the state agency over real estate licenses.

Old 08-28-2015, 05:33 AM

6,032 posts, read 9,213,226 times
You have leverage. Until the items are fixed you can notify that you will not close.

Old 08-28-2015, 07:42 AM

8,574 posts, read 12,414,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missinnocuous View Post
Each night we argue about who is going to water the front lawn. Any suggestions for me?
Since you're new to CD, please note that there is a "Relationships" forum, too!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate