Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2015, 08:11 PM

8,568 posts, read 18,112,482 times

Advertisements

Some corporations require a minimum number of directors, so accepting that one (more) resignation may make the board unable to act - even so far as being unable to elect new members of the board.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2015, 10:46 PM

8,272 posts, read 8,657,742 times
That is why recording a resignation doesn't make sense to me. Maybe recording the acceptance of the resignation even though I doubt that would be necessary either.

Old 10-10-2015, 08:41 AM

8,574 posts, read 12,414,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikePRU View Post
I don't doubt that recording a document when resigning is necessary. I do know that the names of the trustees of every condo association are recorded at the registry. This is so that the Registrar can confirm that condo documents being recorded are signed by the appropriate person.

For example, in MA when a condo is sold a 6D certificate must be recorded along with the deed. This piece of paper basically says how much money the unit owes to the association (ideally it should say $0). It's an important document because it basically informs the new owner of the balance of their account at the point they take ownership. How does the registrar know who is authorized to sign if the names of the trustees are not recorded?
Well, here the registrar does not give out legal advice and neither are they involved in verifying signatures. That role is left to notaries. For instance, whenever I sign as a corporation President, my identity is verified by picture I.D. and I need to show proof of my capacity by either showing appropriate I.R.S. or state documents.

Once a Master Deed is filed for the condominium, I'm not really sure what all a condo association would be recording--except maybe a list of their new trustees.
(Okay, they record 6D certificates in Massachusetts, too.)

Different strokes for different...states.

Old 10-12-2015, 12:01 PM

8,545 posts, read 14,030,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmichigan View Post
Well, here the registrar does not give out legal advice and neither are they involved in verifying signatures.
The registrar is not giving out legal advice nor are they confirming the identity of the signer. They are merely confirming against registry records that the name on the document is a trustee of the association.

I guess we just like to make sure we get things right when it comes to our most valuable assets.

Old 10-12-2015, 02:00 PM

8,574 posts, read 12,414,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikePRU View Post
I guess we just like to make sure we get things right when it comes to our most valuable assets.
Oh...we do, too. We just like to find easier ways to do so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate