Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2008, 07:09 PM

10,447 posts, read 49,662,314 times

Advertisements

Reading all your answers proves how bad it is out there.

As soon as the media stops telling buyers to wait till prices stop falling then maybe they will come out of the woodwork.

Lets hope spring time brings some buyers out.

As it stands now.....why would any fool buy a home that is going to lose value the next day? Then again......people been buying cars under those conditions for a hundred years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2008, 07:31 PM

511 posts, read 1,522,877 times
You are correct--Real Estate is local. It depends on the price and location as well.

Old 02-04-2008, 07:47 PM

9,116 posts, read 17,730,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
As soon as the media stops telling buyers to wait till prices stop falling then maybe they will come out of the woodwork. .
The Media is telling buyers to wait till prices stop falling???

Are you sure the problem has anything to do w/record amounts of inventory? How about all those liar loans or false appraisals that happened? Or maybe those homes in Riverside, CA that 7 years ago sold for 250K, now the exact same house is selling for 400K? Or the person who made 50K in '05 got approved for a 400K loan??????

Nahhh, it wouldn't have anything to do w/FUNDAMENTALS....it has to be the "media" to blame......

Quote:
Lets hope spring time brings some buyers out. .
There will be more buyers (if their qualified, who knows...)

There will also be more inventory (which is already happening.)

Quote:
As it stands now.....why would any fool buy a home that is going to lose value the next day? Then again......people been buying cars under those conditions for a hundred years.

A car is a depreciating asset. A home historically appreciates slightly above the rate of inflation. Apples to oranges...bad example.

Old 02-05-2008, 07:51 AM

473 posts, read 1,737,481 times
So CouponJack... should we all just stop trying to sell??? Its sounding like there is no hope at all.

Old 02-05-2008, 08:03 AM

237 posts, read 967,725 times
I know he makes everything sound so depressing. I do see houses out there selling. We all just have to sit back and wait for the right buyer. There is a buyer for every house!! Mindy

Old 02-05-2008, 08:18 PM

3,238 posts, read 8,790,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mindy410 View Post
I know he makes everything sound so depressing. I do see houses out there selling. We all just have to sit back and wait for the right buyer. There is a buyer for every house!! Mindy
There certainly is. You bought your house, didn't you? Someone else will see what you saw in it too. Buying a house is a very emotional experience. The right buyer will come along.

Old 02-05-2008, 08:59 PM

237 posts, read 967,725 times
Thanks everybody for the great feedback. The house I want just went down another 10,000 so now I can lower mine and hope they come out of the woodwork. At the new price my house will be the best priced house in my neighborhood. Mindy

Old 02-05-2008, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCMommy2-4 View Post
So CouponJack... should we all just stop trying to sell??? Its sounding like there is no hope at all.
Of course there are homes selling. They are far and few between, but what do you think the majority of sellers have in common? Their probably aggressively priced and staged correctly. They prob priced ahead of the curve which increased their chances to sell.

Just my .02

Old 02-05-2008, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindy410 View Post
So the key is to "sit back and wait for the right buyer???"

People who follow that advice will sit forever on the market like you until its too late and you "chase" the market down. You need to be aggressive immediately.

I give blunt honest feedback. Sure, I can sugar coat stuff and we could all sing "koombayah" and make believe everything is going to be okay, but what good would that do you?

Why do you think people come on here and give their MLS#'s to their homes on the market? It kills them to hear people criticize their homes, but they are better off for seeing the good and bad that's written...

If you look at my history posting, I gave plenty of kudos to sellers who received offers by leaving their emotions out of the equation and pricing their home to sell. Not like a majority of sellers who chase the market or think they have the "taj mahal" and are grossly overpriced.

Old 02-06-2008, 09:50 AM

473 posts, read 1,737,481 times
Coupon Jack.. you know my house right? I think you have seen it.

972781 just incase.

Tell me your honest opinion. Just an FYI though.. the pics are outdated and getting loaded any minute now. The living room was fixed up much nicer. We moved a lot of stuff around and out and made it more attractive and bigger. We also got a new desk.. downsized a bit for the office. So the changes made are good ones. If you want to see an updated pic I will be happy to show you but you can also search a "popular website starting with a man's name" that has my listing as well with the updates.

Thanks for your input on whatever you want to touch on. I am from NJ.. I have thick skin.

L
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate