Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2016, 06:26 PM

3,463 posts, read 5,661,722 times

Advertisements

My Wife and I have bought and sold houses in 4 states and going to be back at it shortly. You will know when you found the right house. It will dazzle you! The only deal we walked away from was a condo in Florida, and we were just like you. Oh well, it beats renting, right? We tried to rationalize, but every step of the way, we just got a little more depressed about it. When we discovered an out due to some chicanery with the HOA, we took it and ran. Stuff happens for a reason. I think about being stuck with a condo in FL and there just isn't enough prozac What were we thinking?!?!?!
Be patient too, for every one that gets away, there will be another "prefect" one to take it's place, eventually. But you did the right thing ~ If you don't feel it, its not for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2016, 06:27 PM

22,670 posts, read 36,804,509 times
You've probably loved every rental you walked into because you know you can up and leave it whenever you want.

You aren't feeling bad about the house, you're feeling bad about homeownership. It's not for everyone.

I'm a strong believer in intuition, but I'm also a strong believer in introspection.

Old 05-02-2016, 06:43 PM

7,629 posts, read 16,456,953 times
You did the right thing, you trusted your gut. Keep searching, the right house for you and yours IS out there!!!!

Old 05-03-2016, 09:45 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,118,859 times
Hindsight is always 20-20, but it sometimes takes years before you can see the whole picture. In 5-10 years, you will likely be telling yourself, "Phew, I dodged a bullet."

It's one thing not to be in love with a house, but it is quite another to be repulsed by it. You don't want to walk into the house several times a day, each time reminding yourself how much you hate it. I once owned a house with a horrendous exterior (everything else was great, however), and I dreaded looking at it even for the 2 seconds it took to pull into the garage every day. Not worth it.

Mick

Old 05-03-2016, 09:47 AM

2,054 posts, read 2,569,088 times
Sorry this happened to you. Glad you missed out on making a potentially very large financial mistake. It's my opinion that the housing market is not "healthy" in some parts of America. If there are this many people wanting houses, bidding up prices.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate