Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2017, 07:15 AM

1,209 posts, read 2,250,965 times

Advertisements

I was wondering what's allowed in real estate listings, if properly disclosed.

Can I include pictures of a park that's 3 miles away? What about cool businesses/restaurants (or if I could, do I need their permission?)

Just want to highlight hidden gems that others may not know about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2017, 07:43 AM

19,446 posts, read 27,855,486 times
Ask your realtor. (Who will probably tell you that is a stupid idea.)

That said, as a consumer I'd be peeved and disinterested in a park 3 Miles away or a restaurant. I wanna see photos of the house and yard that I'm possibly buying.

Last edited by Jkgourmet; 03-07-2017 at 07:51 AM..

Old 03-07-2017, 07:44 AM

22,146 posts, read 33,558,160 times
Meh. When I looked at homes and saw pics other than of the house I felt it's either too lazy or house must be filthy or the seller is hiding something. Really no different than seeing two pics of the house but the description tells more. Show me the house. The whole house and nothing but the house.

Old 03-07-2017, 07:53 AM

13,713 posts, read 12,446,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
Ask your realtor. (Who will probably tell you that is a stupid idea.)

That said, as a consumer I'd be peeved and disinterested in a park 3 Miles away or a restaurant. I wanna see photos of the house and yard that I'm possibly buying.
Yes. ALTHOUGH, I see it a fair amount around here. A bunch of pictures of a trendy retail area for homes somewhat near it. None of them are 3 miles away though.

Old 03-07-2017, 08:02 AM

12,713 posts, read 15,544,684 times
Whenever I see this, I assume the house isn't that great so they are resorting to selling the other stuff in the area. Anyone who is looking into the home knows the area most likely and pics of a park 3 miles away won't affect their decision to drop a ton of money on a house that is blah

Old 03-07-2017, 08:18 AM

43,315 posts, read 77,154,614 times
Does your MLS have a limit on photos?
Ours allows only 25, and they are better spent showing the house.
Unlimited, like photo tours? Might be an OK idea to show amenities in the surrounding area, but 3 miles is pretty far for marketing purposes.

Might just say, "Minutes from popular XYZ Park."

Old 03-07-2017, 08:24 AM

4,009 posts, read 6,868,484 times
Unless the park is the view (behind the house or directly across the street), I think it would be confusing to include it.

As for businesses, the potential buyers are capable of looking at the map and area businesses themselves.

I *do* see photos of HOA amenities (pool, clubhouse, tennis courts, etc) frequently included in real estate listings... but that's different from including a public park 3 miles away.

Old 03-07-2017, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JONOV View Post
Yes. ALTHOUGH, I see it a fair amount around here. A bunch of pictures of a trendy retail area for homes somewhat near it. None of them are 3 miles away though.
Yeah, that was what I was envisioning too. It's in Doraville, GA, which has been neglected, but currently has a lot of development going on and recently recognized as an international food destination. It's also close to the popular Perimeter Mall (6 miles) and Lenox (12 miles).

Below is conceptual images of mixed use development 2 miles from where my house would be. It's planned to be over $1 billion developed over the next few years, which would be the biggest of its kind in Atlanta. I would only use it if I planned to sell within 5 years (assuming after it's developed, no need to highlight it). Thanks for all the advice everyone, and I'll definitely keep in mind the 25 image limit.

http://atlanta.curbed.com/2017/1/13/...integral-group
Online Insider: The Doraville Explorers || Site Selection Online

Old 03-07-2017, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by glamatomic View Post
Unless the park is the view (behind the house or directly across the street), I think it would be confusing to include it.

As for businesses, the potential buyers are capable of looking at the map and area businesses themselves.

I *do* see photos of HOA amenities (pool, clubhouse, tennis courts, etc) frequently included in real estate listings... but that's different from including a public park 3 miles away.
This is the view that I thought of including in a potential listing. I would prominently caption "3 miles away". But definitely, upon the advice of those in this thread, I'll try and focus on the home's features first.

Old 03-07-2017, 09:05 AM

501 posts, read 933,727 times
3 miles is too far.

I have seen listings show HOA owned parks in my community. And sometimes views that are not from the property, both of which feel a bit scammy to me.

But not public parks miles away from the property.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate