Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2017, 01:51 PM

3,546 posts, read 3,115,713 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by emotiioo View Post
We found one. And you are not in my area. So please do not make assumptions that you know where we ended up buying-- its frankly a little creepy. Its not where we originally were looking.
Speaking about over reacting...

It creeps you out that someone says they live in your region? Really? I can understand that you might have a different opinion on how big a region is, but even so it doesn't seem like something to get creeped out over.

Regarding the "assumption" about where you live--I read the Frederick forum, and you have stated more than a few times that you live there. No assumptions needed (except, of course, for your assumption that I was making an assumption). it dopesn;t matter which street you live on or even if what you really meant was you live somewhere near Frederick; you still live in my region.

It seems to bother you that I know a lot about the area between Leesburg, VA and Harrisburg, PA. It's because I not only live there, it's also the region I service for my work. It's part of my job to know every town like the back of my hand. So don't get creeped out that someone on City-Data knows a lot of people and things about your neck of the woods; just think of it as a benefit.

For example, I know several good contractors who work on kitchens. I could have spared you the whole drama about remodeling the kitchen. If being spared from drama is what you want, of course.

As for the subject of this thread, the story sounds a bit exaggerated. Focus on your renovations and leave her alone. And I agree with the posters who said you are the one gossiping.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2017, 04:01 PM

Location: Finally the house is done and we are in Port St. Lucie!
3,487 posts, read 3,338,908 times
Just going to drop this here: http://www.city-data.com/forum/11188390-post3.html

Might help....

Old 06-30-2017, 05:38 PM

564 posts, read 449,067 times
We can't get the cops to come for a stolen car. Your guys can respond to known nuisances?

Old 07-01-2017, 02:30 AM

9,891 posts, read 11,768,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss20ts View Post
I'm well versed in my real estate state's laws. I was a licensed real estate agent a few years back. We don't have strictly buyers agents and strictly seller agents like other states. I'm not thinking about buyers agents. I know exactly what was required to be disclosed. The law is the same for realtors representing buyers or sellers. It's the same for no matter who you're representing in the transaction. If the other realtor asks a specific question and the buyer or seller has given that info to the realtor representing them, then they have to disclose that info to the other realtor because they asked. The realtor can't just go blabbing around to everyone. They have to be specifically asked. It's REALLY annoying!

You are wrong, and it does not depend on the state you are in.

The sellers agent must reveal defects in the property, etc. if asked. Buyers agent must reveal information about the ability of the buyer to complete the purchase. There is a lot that must be revealed if asked as it is not considered confidential information.

Realtors are required to follow the Realtor's Code Of Ethics to be a Realtor and if you read Article 1 part 1-9, which requires the buyers agent and also the sellers agent (one working with the buyer or the one working with the seller), to keep confidential information confidential and that includes highest price seller will pay, and the lowest price seller will sell for.

I have known instances where for revealing confidential information like this, where agents lost the right to be Realtors, and a couple ended up losing their real estate license.

Realtors have to reveal any thing about the property, sellers, buyers, etc. if asked, but cannot reveal confidential information such as price they will pay or sell for except what is on the written contract. The is the information needed by the agent, to be able to represent the party they represent and by law is confidential information.

Old 07-05-2017, 06:45 AM

6,319 posts, read 10,347,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emotiioo View Post
Oh for heaven's sake. When a house closes, you can see the sale price and the date. I just found the names of the new owner by doing a search of public records. Google allows me to get information about where they work from social media sites like LinkedIn. A bit more digging and I could see where they live currently if I wanted. I am now searching to see if the current owners closed on another property in the area.
So then why not message them on LinkedIn or Facebook? It will probably seem creepy but you could say about how you are glad they are moving in and that the old neighbors are moving out (well hopefully the old and new owners aren't family), and that you will both be new owners in the area, etc.

But it is weird that you'd do all of the above but then complain that someone is being creepy by commenting on a website about posts you made on the very same website...

Old 07-05-2017, 09:58 AM

32,650 posts, read 48,053,996 times
My suggestion is that you continue on with your life. Go ahead and do the renovations you want and stop worrying about the next door neighbor calling the police or calling code. If the neighbors have a long history of frivolous calls, the officials know that and aren't very sympathetic. Maybe code and the police in that area have a policy that they must respond to complaints, but they know they aren't responding to any sport of important complaint.

Offer the official a cup of coffee and be friendly. If the house next door has closed escrow, those particular neighborhood nuisances will be gone eventually.

There could be any number of reasons they haven't left yet. Maybe movers were not available. Maybe they got a lease back because their replacement house isn't ready yet, any number of possibilities, but if they sold that and already bought something else, they will move out eventually.

Old 07-14-2017, 10:13 AM

6,319 posts, read 10,347,241 times
So did they move out yet?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate