Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2018, 06:56 PM

Location: Finally the house is done and we are in Port St. Lucie!
3,488 posts, read 3,335,073 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebird View Post
I'm glad I wasn't drinking anything when I read that line. . .
Thanks for following along too !
Bwahahaha!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2018, 07:31 PM

392 posts, read 1,092,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robino1 View Post
snip

Just gotta work on that pesky POA

Robino1 - it's done ! I'm in Florida and I have the pesky POA in hand - effective immediately. Thank you for following my thread, I had to tell you the excellent conclusion - took long enough didn't it.

Old 02-01-2018, 08:51 AM

Location: Finally the house is done and we are in Port St. Lucie!
3,488 posts, read 3,335,073 times
Quote:
Robino1 - it's done ! I'm in Florida and I have the pesky POA in hand - effective immediately. Thank you for following my thread, I had to tell you the excellent conclusion - took long enough didn't it.
Great news! Finally, right?!?!!

I'm happy for you and thank you for the update!!

Old 02-04-2018, 03:05 PM

3,217 posts, read 2,425,895 times
Quote:
This is Freebird and I am so sorry I have not updated the thread in so long.

The short version - my parents’ house sold ! - they accepted an offer thousands over asking price in less than 72 hours after showings started - and everything was finished and the sale was closed in only two weeks and two days - with no fence and no interference from us with any of the neighbor’s items / treasures/ junk.

The survey on my parents’ property showed that the huge palm tree was right on the line and that the neighbor’s little board fence was definitely not straight down the line - but that it was not encroaching over the line as much as we had thought.

And somehow between when I was In Florida in June and when I returned in October to get the house ready to sell, many of the offending items had been removed (not by my family).

The neighbors are in and out - they live in California much of the time - we are not sure whether someone watching over their property removed them (lawn service) or what - but the spray painted boards and the lesser amount of items that were left behind on their side of the fence did not bother our agent at all and he said to just leave everything exactly the way it was - that it would not be a deterrent to a sale in the least.

Plus which - our agent said to leave that whole side of the back yard unfenced instead of putting up something that a buyer might not want (chain link) in the first place.

So we went from sorting out how to approach the neighbors about moving their things - to not needing to worry about it at all...

And the palm tree didn’t need to move because we didn’t need to put up a fence...not that it would’ve been movable anyway - it was much larger and taller than I remembered.

I was concerned that having that whole side of the yard unfenced would affect a sale if buyers had small children or pets or both - that they would want a fence for sure and that if one wasn’t there then they would ask for a credit to build one.

But the family who bought the house (on sight - they made an over-asking price offer the first night after they saw it and then escalated it to the highest offer when it developed into a multiple offer, highest and final situation) have three small children and and it didn’t seem to faze them a bit. I can see them wanting to put in a fence but clearly they didn’t see it as a problem or obstruction to buying the property.

We trusted our agent completely and he was right about literally everything when we were preparing this property for sale. So all of my concern was for nought - but i appreciate everyone's taking the time to help me sort this out - and here’s hoping the advice here for our situation will help someone else in the future.

There is also ordinances in Florida about tree removal, permits needed yadayadayada. Glad the house sold so quick.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate