Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2008, 02:23 PM

444 posts, read 1,648,899 times

Advertisements

I'm just curious as to what kind of feedback you should expect from the realtor showing your home for sale. Shouldn't they leave their business card when visiting?

I am just wondering what kind of experience you have had when selling your home.

thanks for your information!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2008, 02:50 PM

126 posts, read 412,096 times
We usually leave cards. There is an email sent to us asking for feedback as well so the listing agent can then pass the info onto you.

Old 03-24-2008, 03:22 PM

1,895 posts, read 6,167,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunroven55 View Post
I'm just curious as to what kind of feedback you should expect from the realtor showing your home for sale. Shouldn't they leave their business card when visiting?

I am just wondering what kind of experience you have had when selling your home.

thanks for your information!
Yes realtors should leave cards, but some don't. Ask your agent to put it in the showing instructions to remind the showing agents.

Feedback should also be given. I have automatic e-mails sent, and I follow up by phone on the third day if the agent hasn't left feedback. IMO feedback is very valuable and your agent should be doing whatever they can to get feedback from the showing agent.

Old 03-24-2008, 06:20 PM

1,435 posts, read 5,767,401 times
In addition to the above our feedback system allows the set-up or addition of a client or "seller" login page and notification.

I've found that it's a really good tool to utilize and the sellers love it. Appointments are e-mailed after confirmation and they can login in to the website to view or print feedback at anytime. Sometimes when the seller sees it for themselves it really makes them understand.

Old 03-25-2008, 07:32 AM

79 posts, read 216,081 times
Yes to all of the above comments.......we (Realtors) use a third party appointment center that helps us solicit, gather and distribute feedback for our clients.

GOOD Realtors leave a card and provide feedback. It's considered a professional courtesy within our industry. It's a bad proactice NOT to leave feedback. Also, a GOOD Realtor will call the showing agent shortly after the showing to discuss.

Old 03-25-2008, 07:46 AM

1,521 posts, read 4,951,063 times
Many in the industry do not leave feedback however. It really is annoying. I do not need/want to chase you down just to hear some sad excuse. I do not look for a call from the agent. Just some nice feedback that can help me and my clients before the next showing.

Old 03-25-2008, 08:06 AM

536 posts, read 1,693,350 times
Red face just do it!

When I did RE in NY (Long Island) there was no mechanism for giving feedback. The CSS that CMLS has bought for us is a wonderful tool that is so easy to use. It blows my mind how agents can not find the time to fill this out. Sure it can be difficult finding something to say about the 10-15 homes you went thru in a day, but it is our job!

While I am on the subject, I also found it funny how in Wantagh/Levittown area we were still using old fashioned combination lock boxes, or having to get the key from the listing agents office (what a pain), then I come down here and CMLS/CRRA is using SUPRA's (http://www.charlotterra.com/lockbox/devices.cfm - broken link) on almost every listing! What a relief!

Funny how some people think it is "the sticks" out here, but I found it more backwards on L.I., IMHO

Old 03-26-2008, 06:31 PM

Default Feedback from Real Estate Agent showing home

I appreciate all your comments and find that my realtor has done all of the things you mentioned including making sure that I get the feedback on the computer.

I realize that a realtor showing my house is really doing a job for me and the possibility is always there for their buyer to purchase my home. However, it is very frustrating when the realtor asks for two hour time period where we must leave the house to come home and find no business card or any evidence that anyone has even been there. Also, in one out of two showings there is no feedback.

Without feedback I do not know whether my house needs something that turned the potential buyers off or if they just didn't like the house because of its lay out etc.

All you realtors out there please ,take a moment to leave the feedback that has enough information in it to help us who are trying to sale our homes to do the things that your feedback tells us we need to do.

Thank you for allowing me to let some of my frustrations out and for your feedback to all clients in the future.

Old 03-28-2008, 08:39 AM

20,958 posts, read 45,390,208 times
I leave business cards (except on those occasions when I find I've run out mid-showings, which are rare - if we're in my vehicle, I have a box to restock with in it). And I give feedback.

However, if a buyer is possibly interested in your house, giving feedback is somewhat awkward for the buyer's agent because they may be looking ahead to negotiations and wanting to hold their cards close to their chest.

Old 03-28-2008, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasHorseLady View Post
I leave business cards (except on those occasions when I find I've run out mid-showings, which are rare - if we're in my vehicle, I have a box to restock with in it). And I give feedback.

However, if a buyer is possibly interested in your house, giving feedback is somewhat awkward for the buyer's agent because they may be looking ahead to negotiations and wanting to hold their cards close to their chest.
Thank you for the feedback and another view. I would love to think they ALL
want to buy my house but life is just not like that. I do appreciate this new insight to situations.

Have a nice day,

Dunroven55
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate