Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2018, 05:14 PM

292 posts, read 163,205 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
Screw PC. I'm not here to be coddled. Please be honest.

We are a married gay couple. Will be selling house in a few months. Should we take down our pictures or leave them up for staging?

Again, please be honest.
I'm not here to coddle you. please be polite. This isn't about your sexuality nor do I need to know that info

Nice intro, btw guess you reap back what you sew
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2018, 05:32 PM

3,444 posts, read 2,816,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleSonya View Post
I'm not here to coddle you. please be polite. This isn't about your sexuality nor do I need to know that info

Huh? How is the OP not being polite? He didn't discuss his sexuality, he discussed his sexual orientation. And the actual quote is "you reap what you sow"...

Old 08-14-2018, 05:41 PM

5,455 posts, read 3,384,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
Screw PC. I'm not here to be coddled. Please be honest.

We are a married gay couple. Will be selling house in a few months. Should we take down our pictures or leave them up for staging?

Again, please be honest.
People who stage homes for sale and do it for a living tell us to clear off all our family photos, and personal affects such as porcelain figures, knick-knacks and so on before the house is shown to prospective buyers.
I'd like to suggest you watch a show on Netflix called House Doctor. Idk it might be on YouTube also. It's very informative and interesting too.

Old 08-14-2018, 06:11 PM

1,279 posts, read 852,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMike77 View Post
I think it might depend on your location. If you're in a relatively progressive city then have at it. If you're in a small redneck town down South, maybe not. Sadly, prejudices against your lifestyle still exist and it could possibly turn off those potential buyers. I know that when I photograph a home for an appraisal I intentionally "shoot away" from family photos, religious pictures, African art, etc. just in case there's some bigoted loan officer that might use their bigotry to deny the loan. Sick, but redlining still happens.

And saying "small redneck town down South" is not bigoted?

I think it is. I pretty strongly dislike rednecks, but I'll concede that disliking them as a group is bigoted.

Old 08-14-2018, 08:34 PM

4,721 posts, read 5,311,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PuppiesandKittens View Post
And saying "small redneck town down South" is not bigoted?

I think it is. I pretty strongly dislike rednecks, but I'll concede that disliking them as a group is bigoted.
Of course it is bigoted, but personally I don't care. If you have watched anything on TLC, you know that rednecks are not relegated to the South. Nope they are an equal state commodity. However, this post is not about rednecks and people that disparage the South. I think our friends will sell their home with ease because it looks like they have great taste.

Old 08-14-2018, 08:52 PM

6,393 posts, read 4,113,377 times
Quote:

Huh?

Old 08-14-2018, 09:19 PM

9,267 posts, read 5,117,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GolfingCat View Post
I say keep them up. Would you want to sell to somebody that had an issue with it?
That's the ticket! Challenge the prospects! Make it an issue!

Old 08-14-2018, 11:57 PM

8,583 posts, read 16,008,146 times
Quote:

Word

Old 08-15-2018, 01:10 AM

779 posts, read 471,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
In general, ALL family photos should be taken down to stage the house.
This.

I can't fathom wanting rando's looking at me/my family.

Old 08-15-2018, 03:27 AM

9,447 posts, read 5,208,974 times
A friend of mine who is an interior design person, and currently selling her home, agrees with most of the above. Clear out much of your personal stuff, de-clutter to the point of it almost looks like no one lives there so that potential buyers can envision their life in your home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate