Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2008, 06:37 AM

739 posts, read 2,948,359 times

Advertisements

ok this is too funny.

yes, the no biz cards and no-shows are annoying.

I had one recently that said "buyer didn't like the aesthetic"... Ok, what does that mean, is it paint? Is it style? Is it furniture?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2008, 06:50 AM

2,791 posts, read 10,805,155 times
We had someone say that when they were outside the house, and a car passed by, it made too much noise. We're on a very quiet street with no traffic, and the house is set back from the street. Yes, cars do drive by once in a while, and yes, they make some noise.

Old 04-30-2008, 07:08 AM

8,545 posts, read 10,271,143 times
I guess it makes me feel better to know I am not alone in my 'WTF' moments, lol.

The no shows burn me up the most...and the mls listing shows everything the home has...I love the comment about morphing bedrooms...

Old 04-30-2008, 07:22 AM

22,974 posts, read 26,996,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj32 View Post
ok this is too funny.

yes, the no biz cards and no-shows are annoying.

I had one recently that said "buyer didn't like the aesthetic"... Ok, what does that mean, is it paint? Is it style? Is it furniture?
Fung Shui maybe?
We've had them say everything from "it doesn't face east" as they look at the compass they brought to "your choice of flooring" and my personal favorite "it's priced the same as all the other houses in it's range" Huh????

Old 04-30-2008, 07:28 AM

Location: Halfway between Number 4 Privet Drive and Forks, WA
1,516 posts, read 4,589,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomerang View Post
The usual --- wasting everyone's time coming through the house only to complain about very basic stuff that's clearly indicated in the MLS description. Happened so often I thought about asking my agent to make everyone show proof of literacy prior to making an appointment "But it only has 3 bedrooms!" Uh....yeah, did you expect it to morph to 4 on your way here?
ROFLMAO, that is freaking hilarious!

Old 04-30-2008, 07:30 AM

1,502 posts, read 7,377,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomerang View Post
The usual --- wasting everyone's time coming through the house only to complain about very basic stuff that's clearly indicated in the MLS description. Happened so often I thought about asking my agent to make everyone show proof of literacy prior to making an appointment "But it only has 3 bedrooms!" Uh....yeah, did you expect it to morph to 4 on your way here?
We got this one too, it wasn't like it was listed with more bedrooms (maybe they thought we were lying ).

The one that really ticked me off was........They couldn't afford the house...WTF!, what made it really bad is that they came by 5 times and wrote up a contract for 40k less plus wanted 11k in closing and wanted us to hire an engineer to make sure the house was structurally sound. Mind you the house was not a fixer upper .

Old 04-30-2008, 07:33 AM

739 posts, read 2,948,359 times
here's one... "they feel the home is substantially overpriced". Ok, show me comps? Write an offer? Come to find out they hadn't even listed their home yet. This is the thing that is killing me right now. C'mon show me DATA that supports your position and we can talk. I am very aware of comps! But when everyone is looking at your home, says that love it and haven't even listed theirs yet- it gets annoying.

Old 04-30-2008, 07:34 AM

16,062 posts, read 26,734,689 times
We had a crazy couple like that. Came the first weekend the house was on teh market said they wanted to make an offer. Then they held off saying they didn't want to put a bid in and go into a bidding war. So we offered if they gave us asking price, we would pull it off the market.

Buyers came again to look at the house and sat in front of the house for around three hours after looking at it. Decided not to offer. Then came back two weeks later. Again sat outside the house for hours.

A few weeks later Buyer came with a verbal offer; we countered. They came to see the house again; sat in front of the house for hours once again. Then decided not to move forward with the purchase....

Old 04-30-2008, 07:37 AM

23,861 posts, read 33,523,515 times
What buyers around here appear to be doing is checking out stuff in their price range, then going to the next one higher and low balling. Eventually they find a seller willing to take it (or not)

Old 04-30-2008, 07:43 AM

1,408 posts, read 8,019,787 times
no shows are a big pain in the you know what. my favorite for my house is oh it only has one bathroom. ummm... did you READ the mls information. yes one bathroom! you want a second bathroom use a tree.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate