Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2021, 06:25 PM

8,568 posts, read 18,116,372 times

Advertisements

I think it makes sense, but it would be nice if that info was included with the listing.

The agent I spoke to was unaware of that until the broker checked with the listing agent.

The requirement is 1 of 3 categories and there will be a drawing from all qualified bidders.

For the first responders, I hope someone qualifies.

If not, I now know that the listing price is far above what the bank needs. I checked sold prices in the neighborhood, 1/2 of list will be a good bargain but the list price, IMO is way too high based on comps. It is a cookie-cutter neighborhood, with few improvements.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2021, 07:02 PM

15,580 posts, read 40,450,935 times
Yes HUD homes offer it to teachers and first responders. They have to live in it for three years. I've never seen an agent not document that it is a HUD lottery home in the MLS.

Old 04-20-2021, 07:33 PM

Not a thing in MLS about it being HUD/REO.

Here's the MLS listing. Note it mentions AC but nothing about heat.
https://www.nathanlillyhomes.com/pro...kson-tn-38305/

Anyone know if it's likely no one will qualify?

Old 04-21-2021, 11:21 AM

15,580 posts, read 40,450,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Annie View Post
Not a thing in MLS about it being HUD/REO.

Here's the MLS listing. Note it mentions AC but nothing about heat.
https://www.nathanlillyhomes.com/pro...kson-tn-38305/

Does anyone know if it's likely no one will qualify?
That is an agent website and not the MLS. The property is on the HUD site and the owner would be listed as HUD on the MLS in the private
agent remarks.
https://www.hudhomestore.com/Listing...e=10&pageId=1#

HUD has it listed as being eligible for FHA insurance which requires central heating in the home. It is one of the minimum property standard requirements.

If you click on the addendums tab on that link I shared with you you can download the PCR and ECR and they will show you the preinspection done to confirm that the AC and furnace both work.

Old 04-21-2021, 11:52 AM

17,531 posts, read 24,706,964 times
In that case how about a white Public Service Officer. It is none of the sellers business who the buyer is.

Old 04-21-2021, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
In that case how about a white Public Service Officer. It is none of the sellers business who the buyer is.
Actually, since it is a government agency (HUD), it IS the seller's business. I don't know whether one of the requirements is a POC or other, and frankly don't care except that: as a white woman with POC family, I can assure you that I still have "white privilege". I recognize it for what it is in me and in others. So, in this case, "white" vs POC IS an important requirement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate