Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2021, 03:33 PM

23,311 posts, read 18,877,894 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MortonR View Post
This is the poster child example of why any property you're going to market should be cleaned by a professional prior to photos/listing. Last house I sold it cost me about $300 and a day for a professional cleaner to clean it to the point where it was near surgically clean. Money well spent, expense allocated to cost of preparing house for market.

RM
Unless the seller was physically incapable or selling from a distance, it wouldn't require a professional to clean that shower! It continually amazes me how some sellers who still live in the house photograph their homes. Dirty fixtures or appliances, sinks of unwashed dishes, unmade beds, piles of laundry/toys/papers/day to day trash, obvious exterior neglect, trashed yards, on and on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2021, 04:42 PM

13,448 posts, read 15,491,161 times
I don't find the shower 'ugly' at all in terms of design. It is nice and spacious. Home is probably a 90s home.

The 'ugly' is purely the mildew.

Old 04-21-2021, 04:51 PM

111 posts, read 91,058 times
It would make you wonder what other details the homeowners have neglected in the past...

Old 04-21-2021, 11:07 PM

2,609 posts, read 2,508,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by futuregleam View Post
It would make you wonder what other details the homeowners have neglected in the past...
That's what I wonder. If this is an easy fix/ clean, and the rest of the pictures look good, why would they not clean up this one? It makes me wonder if signs of bad housekeeping are just not showing up in other pictures OR if this is something more than just mildew and is harder to clean than mildew would be.

I like the shower. It's not looking like my taste, but I like the size and setup.

Old 04-22-2021, 04:04 AM

23,870 posts, read 33,581,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmerLernen View Post
I was just looking at a listing for a clean (and nicely-staged, even) house, and then I got to this photo.

If the house appears to be in otherwise good/clean shape, wouldn't this be a huge red flag as to what's lurking behind/under this shower?

I would contact the listing agent about the photo asking if the seller needs some cleaning tips.

Old 04-22-2021, 06:57 AM

5,979 posts, read 7,387,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parnassia View Post
Unless the seller was physically incapable or selling from a distance, it wouldn't require a professional to clean that shower! It continually amazes me how some sellers who still live in the house photograph their homes. Dirty fixtures or appliances, sinks of unwashed dishes, unmade beds, piles of laundry/toys/papers/day to day trash, obvious exterior neglect, trashed yards, on and on.
Exactly my point. If you're not capable, out of the area or simply don't have the time or initiative to do it, spend the money and pay someone who can. There are loads of cleaning services in almost every part of the U.S.

RM
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate