Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2008, 07:32 AM

8,545 posts, read 10,274,687 times

Advertisements

Open letter to the 'buyers' who stood us up yesterday.

Thanks for letting us know you were NOT going to come look at the house with your adult children so we could wait around all day on my birthday. I can't tell you how much we appreciated that. A call from your agent would have been nice, hey we decided against your house, even though we have looked at it FOUR times, or we couldn't make it today, or take a flying leap or whatever.

It's always so much 'fun' to clean and scrub and primp and wait for nothing. thanks. I also like running my air conditioning at a low temp in 100+ temps to keep the house comfortable for buyers. No problem at all when I have to pay the bill. I also like keeping my dogs out in the heat most of the day so they don't offend you. We also enjoyed doing yardwork Friday night mowing and weeding in 100 degree heat in preparation for your family to look.

I also enjoyed not having a decent meal until last night so I would not mess up the kitchen or cook something that would take away from that fresh clean smell. I don't mind going hungry and eating crackers all day. No matter that with our medications we are supposed to eat. Guess we could have left to go eat, what are we supposed to do with the dogs while we do that...leave them in the hot car? Can't leave them home because it could offend you to see them in the yard, oh they have dogs.

Thanks a lot. I am tired. Sorry I had to vent, whoever you were yesterday, thanks for nothing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2008, 08:24 AM

2,791 posts, read 10,810,102 times
That's so rude! A happy belated birthday
I'm feeling your pain, believe me.

Old 06-22-2008, 08:40 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,198,692 times
Most showings are in a 1 or 2 hour window. Did they not tell you a time they would be by to see the house? Could you not call to say Hey what's up?

Sounds like a failure to communicate.

Old 06-22-2008, 09:05 AM

Nope, we were not give a window of time, usually we get one...their agent even works in the same office as our agent, and our agent was trying to call him and getting no response...we figured someone who had been in here 4 times and bringing their adult kids to look, we should stick around. Our agent said we were #1 on their 'list'. I dunno, it was just an awful day and I was venting. We need to sell badly and I guess this is what it's come down to. So if there was failure to communicate, did not come from our end, but then we are not perfect either. It's just really defeating to do all this work and sit and wait...they could have called to say they couldnt make it or didn't want it, whatever...I know our agent will get to the bottom of it, and I don't think their agent is a flake, we have met him and he has brought other folks through. I dunno, all I know is TODAY we are going out for some fun..;

Old 06-22-2008, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookdaleresident View Post
That's so rude! A happy belated birthday
I'm feeling your pain, believe me.
I know, it was just a BAAAAD day...

Old 06-22-2008, 09:10 AM

2,505 posts, read 6,149,360 times
Default The Waiting Game

Hi Dogmom,

Happy Belated Birthday. Have you heard from your realtor what the buyers excuse was yet? Bet it's a doozy.

We also just put our house on the market. The terms were that we needed 24 hours notice, as we have two big dogs. First scenerio, an agent contacted my agent and said that the buyers were from out of town and needed to see the house that afternoon. I rushed home from work, did a frantic cleaning, and left the house with two large, shedding, smelly dogs in my car. I stayed away for two hours, and later found out that they just drove down the driveway, didn't like what they saw, and left! What a waste of time/work/energy that was. It seems to get complicated when it is another realtor showing the house, and not the listing agent.

We also had a potential buyer want to come by yesterday, gave just a few hours notice, and we were in the middle of painting the entry way. We stopped painting, after one coat, cleaned up the drop cloths, rollers, paint brushes, put the switch plates back on, etc. So far, absolutely no feedback!

Hope you have more considerate treatment in the future.

Tambre

786 posts, read 3,925,482 times
I feel for you. We had the same thing happen to us Friday. I put all our packing up on hold and cleaned for 2 days! We also had 100 degree temps outside. Told the kids we couldn't do anything until the house was clean. They were supposed to be there at 3 and around 2:15, just about had the house perfect, I get a phone call (well I guess at least they called) and they couldn't make it (but they will reschedule and give me "plenty" of notice). We are just trying to rent out our house and it is not going any better than selling.

663 posts, read 2,263,856 times
They've been there 4x already? Sounds like they couldn't make up their mind. How rude of them not to call you or your agent, though. I am sorry to hear all of this happened, and on your b-day, even! Well, at least your house is nice and clean .....

Old 06-22-2008, 09:11 AM

3,191 posts, read 9,184,631 times
feeling you pain...we have a house on the market and what a PITA!!!
chin up though, at least you care enough to do all that you do to show it, unlike a lot of sellers. Go enjoy today, there is always tomorrow!

Old 06-22-2008, 09:23 AM

1,831 posts, read 5,294,116 times
OMG ... I am so sorry. How rude !!!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate