Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2008, 08:21 AM

2,364 posts, read 4,873,251 times

Advertisements

The first thing I thought about when I woke up this morning was you and if you had sold. I was hoping and hoping that when I came on, there would be good news. I feel as though you are my guide.......if you can't sell your beautiful home, what hope do we have of selling ours in the middle of Podunk, PA....but if you DO sell, maybe we still have a chance!! As you, my nights and days are obsessed with selling this albatross that is around our necks.

And to top it off, the realtor STILL doesn't have the listing right on realtor.com! It gets fixed, and then she manages to do something to screw it up again. Every time she makes any kind of change, it screws up. Before it had our living room as the main picture, and now it's our bedroom!!

We already have our house bought down in SC. I was so excited about it and now everyday I wonder if we shouldn't have just stayed here, even though I hate it. I'm wondering if I'll have a stroke/heart attack/nervous breakdown before I even get to live in my beautiful new home.

Dogmon, sueinge, brookdaleresident........I am praying every day that we each find that one special buyer and we can get on with the rest of our lives.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2008, 08:21 AM

2,505 posts, read 6,149,360 times
Default Real estate poetry

It is so hard these days to sell a house,
We clean and scrub, and even delouse ()

The buyers come, the buyers go,
We wonder how did our houses show?

They liked them, but, no contracts yet
So we cry, and tidy up and worry and sweat.

The housing bubble seems to have burst,
We are left wondering if it will get worse.

Our lives on hold, our new lives waiting
The hopelessness keeps escalating.

But not to worry, not to fuss
Cause on CD, there are alot of us.

We'll help each other, get through the day
And pray for a cash buyer to come our way.

Old 06-29-2008, 08:24 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,853,374 times
Excellent Tambre!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 06-29-2008, 08:30 AM

Glad you liked it! We really need to help each other through this. It is a daunting process, and not feeling alone really is helpful to me. I am very grateful for all the fantastic people on CD.

Old 06-29-2008, 08:41 AM

8,545 posts, read 10,274,687 times
Bravo, Tambre! Love it!

Rothbear, you will sell...where we are is kind of podunk too. but then back home in CA, the Sacramento area is getting killed, too. It's just bad all over. Believe me, there are a lot of folks who WANT to live in Podunk USA!

Hang in there, one of these days we will all be done with this. What will we talk about then?? Oh I know, how about decorating or gardening, or kids or whatever...there has got to be more to life that real estate!

hugs to you all, I am better and ready for the day (after I take a nappy)

Old 06-29-2008, 08:43 AM

613 posts, read 1,017,964 times
We wonder did the buyers show?

Old 06-29-2008, 08:51 AM

Lol, so true

Old 06-29-2008, 09:11 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,198,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann Alison View Post
We wonder did the buyers show?
This is funny, I've had a few sellers agents call asking why we were no shows. The sellers had vacummed and we had not left footprints in their carpet.

Old 06-29-2008, 09:50 AM

384 posts, read 2,221,987 times
Thank you all for your prayers and for your humor. It does help to know I am not the only one going thru these feelings (I guess misery loves company, huh?) Altho I wish no one had to go thru this because it is AWFUL. I will pray for all of you too!!
Sue

Old 06-29-2008, 09:52 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
It's 5 a.m. I have been up since before 3. Can't sleep. It's sunday, no one here looks at homes on Sunday. I think in 9 months on the market, we have have looky loos a couple times on a sunday and I think they were just passing through town and probably needed to use the bathroom.

I don't want to be here. I want to go home. I wish I could start looking for a storage facility and start on change of addresses.

Guess I am crazy, I am rambling. Just venting again...sorry
sometimes home is stayin in a place where we don't wana be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate