Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-06-2008, 06:35 PM

2,791 posts, read 10,810,102 times

Advertisements

Good luck Nikki!
got a call today from an agent; he was sitting in front of my house with buyers. Unfortunately, I wasn't prepared to show so I couldn't let them in. He said he'll bring them back. I know this agent as he had put an in offer a few weeks back (it didn't work out). Also had another call. Very nice couple, stayed over half an hour. They were all set to make an offer based on the fact that the mls stated a June closing! They still have to list and sell their condo, so they were happy to wait until June. I put a call in to my agent to correct that misinformation. geez!!!!!!

Old 09-06-2008, 07:04 PM

7,726 posts, read 1,889,082 times
brookdaleresident, Niki, LaceyEx, HDL, tambre, stoymonkey, lorriem, njsocks, Mawoods, and everyone of our wonderful boot camp here is pixie dust and I am still praying several times daily that our buyers are going to come through our door soon and we can have the sign in our yards real soon! God Bless!

Old 09-07-2008, 06:59 AM

1,869 posts, read 4,023,709 times
Thanks again, judy. im collecting all the pixie dust thrown my way and saving it for our showing wednesday.
Good luck brookdale and niki!!

Old 09-07-2008, 07:25 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,853,374 times
Thank you Judy. Heard nothing yet from yesterday. Oh well.

Good luck at all Open's today.

Old 09-07-2008, 08:19 AM

959 posts, read 1,824,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niki View Post
Well, I had a surprise showing today. I figured with it being advertised online (where all realtors can see it) that we're having an open house tomorrow that we wouldn't have a showing today. I was napping on the couch and at about 5 minutes till 3:00, the listing service called and said that someone wanted to look at our house between 3:30 and 4:30.

Thankfully the house was mostly clean. I just had to make beds, sweep up the kitty litter, put some things away and spray Febreze in all the rooms. We got out right at 3:30. Took our dog with us this time so that no one would freak out over our friendly toy poodle locked up in his carrier barking his friendly bark and wanting them to pet him. lol

Hopefully we'll get an offer from whoever looked at our house. Even better if we get one from them and then one from someone who looks at our house tomorrow. Ah, that would be so great to have a little bidding war. *sigh* Dare to dream.
Good luck with your open house today!

Our showing yesterday happened and our feedback read - they realy liked the house but are not ready to put in an offer because they have to get their house sold first. Not sure what that really means. So we wait. But at least it is good feedback and not bad.

Kristine

Old 09-07-2008, 09:20 AM

571 posts, read 1,050,067 times
Hi there,
Niki ~ good luck with your open house today! My thougts are with you.
Stoymonkey ~ sending good luck wishes early for your Wed. showing.
Kristine ~ so glad to see that the showings are picking up!
Lacey ~ hopefully the buyers are thinking it over before making an offer.
Hammy ~ go glad that someone loved your house! Maybe their house will sell soon and they will place an offer!
Brookdale ~ hang in there, maybe those folks that are coming back will be the ones you have been waiting for!
HDL ~ thanks for the reminder as to what is really important!
Judy ~ you are always so supportive of everyone and that fairy is so cute!
What a great group we have here!

Well, we lowered our price yesterday and had two agents come by and look at the house, but they forgot to bring the potential buyers with them! JK, they were previewing the house.

We were dreaming of a mad rush to put in offers since we have it priced so low now - LOL. Hey, as Niki said, we can dare to dream, right?
Oh well... we'll just wait like everyone else and see what happens...

I hope everyone has a great day!
Anita

Old 09-07-2008, 12:17 PM

7,726 posts, read 1,889,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammy5 View Post
Good luck with your open house today!

Our showing yesterday happened and our feedback read - they realy liked the house but are not ready to put in an offer because they have to get their house sold first. Not sure what that really means. So we wait. But at least it is good feedback and not bad.

Kristine
Kristine it makes you wonder doesn't it when you get feedback like that. If they like your property and have a home to sell they always could at least write up a contingency offer and you could accept it or not. Here is some pixie dust and prayers that you get a buyer soon!

Old 09-07-2008, 02:37 PM

6,196 posts, read 5,444,949 times
Doesn't that just irk you. In todays market with house sitting for months on end for sale why would anyone be out setting up appointments to look if they cant buy until they sell? You would think they would at least have their own up for sale first, Unless of course they are in competition with you!

Old 09-07-2008, 02:54 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,853,374 times
I've had many of those "lookers who haven't listed."

How's it going Painter?

Old 09-07-2008, 03:22 PM

6,196 posts, read 5,444,949 times
Hi there Lacey, I was hoping you were gonna say you had that golden contract!@!! Oh just sitting here sorting threw cr***, by time I sell I wont have anything to move.
wouldn't it be great to sell high enough to just buy all new? Just sitting and waiting for the storms to all blow away and everyone that wants to move here will start looking again. How about you still draggin' vacumns and windex around? I gave that up...I am living here!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate