Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-09-2008, 08:46 PM

1,261 posts, read 4,274,070 times

Advertisements

Welcome back, crazyma.

Well, no one showed up for our open house. I kind of had a feeling. It's weird though, because the marketing analysis said that there were more buyer views and agent views of our property details (online) and more people added our house to their favorites than was expected. Still, no one came to our open house.

We're going to lower our price again at the end of the week. *sigh*

Old 09-09-2008, 09:38 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,380,221 times
Welcome back crazyma! And Dogmom, have a wonderful trip! I just booked a trip to Austin because I'm missing Texas. I am leaving 9/25--9/29, staying with a friend.

I also had 2 showings this week...the one tonight is coming back on Sat for a 2nd showing. I guess that's a good sign, but I don't want to get my hopes up to have them dashed. I'm trying to remain calm and positive. On a side note, a few doors down, across the street from me, my neighbors listed their house...not much bigger and they listed their house for $30,000 more than I did. They will NEVER get that much in my neighborhood! So I think that bodes well for me, because buyers will see that I'm priced to sell and priced accordingly.

Old 09-10-2008, 04:29 AM

2,505 posts, read 6,151,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niki View Post
Welcome back, crazyma.

Well, no one showed up for our open house. I kind of had a feeling. It's weird though, because the marketing analysis said that there were more buyer views and agent views of our property details (online) and more people added our house to their favorites than was expected. Still, no one came to our open house.

Hey Nikki,

That really sucks! Sorry no one came. The price decrease may do the trick. Just a thought, with all the hits of interest on the internet, were the directions to your house listed properly?

Old 09-10-2008, 05:17 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,866,360 times
Morning all and welcome back CrazyMa-can you tell you were missed?

I check our "hits" daily and sofar we've had 115 and about 12 showings.

Sykes-I'm gonna second Lorrie-take the meds and keep a journal of how you feel.

Old 09-10-2008, 06:17 AM

657 posts, read 1,789,617 times
welcome back CM!
well after i wrote yesterday, my phone rang at 12:30 for a showing!! they wanted to see it at 3! i told them 4 so i could get my daughter off the bus. so thank god i was already cleaning. we never stop here with 2 little girls! my oldests room was a disaster. when they play, they pull everything out. every peice of paper, every game peice. before the call i had it all cleaned and organized and after the call, my 3 yr old loves it when i clean so she can go mess it up. she pulled all the books out, lots of books i put away by size. lol then she dragged some into the living room. needless to say, i was cleaning every room at least twice. my back went out and i couldnt bend. great. i managed to get it spotless. we left the house with my 6 yr old screaming in a fit because i had to go to work and my little one crying because her sister hit her and my husband now in a fit trying to get them in the truck and keep them from me as i am trying to drive away to work and the garage door wont close. lol!!!! if those buyers came a few minutes early, they prob would have been a little leary!
anyway, we got the call that they liked our house, but its on their list. so who knows.
thats my chaos to add to the morning.. hope all is well with everyone!!!!!

Old 09-10-2008, 06:21 AM

657 posts, read 1,789,617 times
Default how?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Morning all and welcome back CrazyMa-can you tell you were missed?

I check our "hits" daily and sofar we've had 115 and about 12 showings.

Sykes-I'm gonna second Lorrie-take the meds and keep a journal of how you feel.
hi lacey,
how do i check my hits? my agent told me i had hits but i dont know where that was. is it on certain websites? i know trulia has it but that number never changes.

Old 09-10-2008, 07:39 AM

5,273 posts, read 7,351,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdzup3 View Post
welcome back CM!
well after i wrote yesterday, my phone rang at 12:30 for a showing!! they wanted to see it at 3! i told them 4 so i could get my daughter off the bus. so thank god i was already cleaning. we never stop here with 2 little girls! my oldests room was a disaster. when they play, they pull everything out. every peice of paper, every game peice. before the call i had it all cleaned and organized and after the call, my 3 yr old loves it when i clean so she can go mess it up. she pulled all the books out, lots of books i put away by size. lol then she dragged some into the living room. needless to say, i was cleaning every room at least twice. my back went out and i couldnt bend. great. i managed to get it spotless. we left the house with my 6 yr old screaming in a fit because i had to go to work and my little one crying because her sister hit her and my husband now in a fit trying to get them in the truck and keep them from me as i am trying to drive away to work and the garage door wont close. lol!!!! if those buyers came a few minutes early, they prob would have been a little leary!
anyway, we got the call that they liked our house, but its on their list. so who knows.
thats my chaos to add to the morning.. hope all is well with everyone!!!!!
I hear you about cleaning and trying to stay neat with 3 year olds! I have 3 year old twins and it is brutal when they pull everything out....LOL.It's insane. I am getting sick to my stomach over this!!

At this point, how many weeks/months do people have their house up?? Mine is 43 days....
2 showings
1 open house-NO ONE showed! *2 weeks ago. Lowered price and zip,nada,zilch.

Old 09-10-2008, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niki View Post
Welcome back, crazyma.

We had one 2 weeks ago. No one came. Hang in there!

Broker tour today. Realtor said 50 agents were told about it. I bet 1-2 show! Although she is having a gourmet lunch catered in. Hmm... I bet my eyes they'll only be a handful. No one wants to go this far South in Jersey! If I only knew!!

Old 09-10-2008, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Hi all-feedback from Sat. showing. People are looking for a ranch in price range up to $600K! They felt ours wasn't for them (we're $247K) so why would he even bring them and waste our time?
Wow..what is wrong with these people?? What a waste....Sorry to hear,.

have a GREAT DAY EVERYONE! I have to get out of here for 3 hrs. because of the broker tour later on.

Old 09-10-2008, 08:21 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,866,360 times
NJS-good luck today, you never know. Realtors love free food and free anything. I was a mortgage loan officer for a mjor NJ bank and worked the RE convention in AC many times-they love anything if it's free.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate