Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2010, 02:52 PM

4,511 posts, read 13,582,493 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimimam View Post
I would like to know a ball park figure on the closing costs on property that is selling for $30,000.
Are you paying all cash or financing some portion? All cash can be a few hundred $ depending on the closing fees, title insurance cost, etc. If financing, then add in cost of your loan - origination fees, discount points, appraisal cost, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2010, 07:45 PM

3,599 posts, read 6,784,543 times
I offered to pay $10k closing costs on my home. It was advertised on the MLS

I was very agressive on my price also (took huge loss) but wanted to move $525k property. Went to contract in less than 30 days for $5k off list price.

Old 04-07-2010, 09:25 PM

124 posts, read 528,541 times
When we listed our former home for sale last year, our agent told us that a buyer would almost certainly request closing costs. We didn't advertise it, but when we got an offer requesting closing costs and a 10 percent reduction in list price, we countered with full listing price but agreed to pay buyer's closing costs (up to $5,000, typical for our market). Our counter was accepted.

Now that we're buying, we assumed that the seller would pay closing costs. Nearly the same situation with our offer--seller agreed to closing costs but agreed-on price approached list.

Talk to your agent and ask what's the current norm in your market. Good luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate