Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2010, 06:55 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,198,692 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjrcm View Post
While I sympathize with you, keep in mind that the buyers may be in a similar situation of having no where else to go if you cancel. If housing is so tight in your area, what other options do they have?
Yes, a seller doesn't have earnest money to lose but you could be sued for specific performance.

Sounds like you definitely need that attorney.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2010, 07:39 PM

9 posts, read 14,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjrcm View Post
While I sympathize with you, keep in mind that the buyers may be in a similar situation of having no where else to go if you cancel. If housing is so tight in your area, what other options do they have?
I understand your point. However, they are military and are being housed in gov't quarters right now. Being a former army brat I know that living in military quarters is not all that great but, it is a place to live for the 13 months to 2 years that your stationed there. Living off post is a choice.

Kind regards to all.

Old 09-13-2010, 07:16 AM

6,333 posts, read 18,058,399 times
All sellers have the "seller"s dilemma" - meaning for some brief, or extended period of time, you will either have two places to live, or no places to live. Unless you have a legal option provided for in the contract relieving you of this reality, it's rude and unreasonable to suddenly expect others to start accommodating your desire to avoid logistical problems related to the selling of your home, and your required move out of the home upon sale.

Quote:
I know sales are slow and they are only looking out for their commission.
And you thought the agent was doing this for what other reason? Some home baked cookies? Having invested considerable time into trying to market and sell your home only to have you suddenly start acting flaky when the home is finally under contract, you expect the agent to do what? The agent wants to accomplish the intended result, which is your stated desire to sell the home.

You now expect the agent, the buyers, and presumably the buyer's agent, to all just fall into line and make life easy for you because you want others, not yourself, to suffer the consequences of your life decisions? What do you intend to do if the buyers say "we have to close, we have no place else to live".

Yes, you should contact an attorney. And you may create a bigger mess and more expenses than you'd have if you simply rented storage unit and an extended stay hotel while you search for a 1 year lease on something else.

Good luck.

Steve

Old 09-14-2010, 12:09 PM

3,644 posts, read 10,941,622 times
Knowing that the buyers are military makes this snowball - housing generally has waiting lists. The buyers probably already gave the housing office notice, who probably already informed the next tenants they can move in, who gave off-base housing notice, who then took out an ad to try to re-rent their unit, etc, etc, etc

You reap what you sow. Whether or not you took a minute to look outside yourself before you began sowing

BTW - has this newbie poster changed user IDs?

Old 09-14-2010, 02:34 PM

23,867 posts, read 33,568,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sskkc View Post
BTW - has this newbie poster changed user IDs?
originally posted 09-03-2008, 09:51 AM

Old 09-14-2010, 07:28 PM

3,644 posts, read 10,941,622 times
So not a newbie, just a 'one hit wonder'

Old 09-21-2010, 06:37 PM

9 posts, read 14,221 times
The offer was to pay the agents commissions for their time. The buyer is not in base housing. Their household items will not even arrive until the end of November. Regardless, I made a mistake posting my problem and have learned a lesson. I do understand both situations. I do not, however, understand the sarcastic response. Thank you to the people who had positive suggestions.

Old 10-21-2012, 09:26 AM

3 posts, read 4,489 times
Default you are an idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevcrawford View Post
If you come on asking for advice, be ready for it. The above posters are correct. YOU decided to sell your home, and now that it sold, you need to abide by that contract. Should you back out of the contract, don't just expect a slap on the wrist. You're putting yourself in line for a lawsuit. And if it were my client, I'd push them to sue for performance on that contract.

As far as you paying $6k in closing costs, it's obviously not that big a deal, as you agreed to it initially, so that shoots that argument down. And most likely you raised the price a bit to allow them to finance it anyway. Even if you didn't, you still agreed to it.

Just find a rental for 6 months until you find the right house. When you put the house on the market, you intended to sell, so you should have planned ahead.

Push to sue for performance on contract and pout this poor sould out on the street????...it is NOT sold until closing day. Back out and DO NOT SHOW UP TO CLOSE. screw them..it is YOUR house. NO JUDGE will throw you out of YOUR home!!!! THink of yourself in this large deal. NOBODY is looking out for you BUT you! **** happens and the buyer has to deal with it...boo hoo! dont listen to these realtors, they are snakes!

Old 10-21-2012, 09:28 AM

3 posts, read 4,489 times
these are realtors looking out for themselves...do what is right for you and GET OUT of agreement and keep your home

Old 10-21-2012, 10:06 AM

19,855 posts, read 65,835,634 times
The OP was over 4 yrs ago. Probably found a solution bu now.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate