Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-04-2008, 01:04 PM

312 posts, read 726,923 times

Advertisements

Hiya crazyma and everyone else! I never saw this thread 'till today....glad to be aboard!

We've had our house on the market in PA for 2 months now with 2 open houses, the first of which NOBODY showed up, and the second of which only 3 people showed up. We also had 3 showings, none of which provided an interest nor an offer....our house is priced about $20,000 less than what it was appraised for earlier this year! What's the deal!!

ARRGH!!! It's so frustrating I just wanna pull what's left of my hair out!!

<<<whew>>> Glad to have gotten that off my chest.

We are *dying* to move to Maine once our house here in PA sells...

Maybe you could start a swap board or something??

Anyway, good to meetcha, everyone, and guess we should all hang in there...

Hopefully this housing clustermess will clear up soon....

P.S. We ordered a St. Joe last week and are anxiously awaiting his arrival so we can quickly bury him (poor guy)...anyone have any luck with that? (just found out about that last week on another thread on here, too) <<<here's hopin' it works!>>>

*tap*

Old 10-04-2008, 01:18 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,192,395 times
Hiya tapestry!! Welcome to boot camp, gimme 20 swipes with a dust rag, LOL Let's see. trying to remember if anyone here is aiming for PA.......I think we have some trying to leave there

You have come to the right place to moan & groan...it's great to have a little spot to just get IT out of your system...with folks on both side of the aisle, so to speak. A lot of our sellers are about to be buyers WHO HOOOOO!!!! this ia a great little ole support group and glad you reported in for duty!

Yes dear St. Joe, bless his heart. poor dear...has so many to be looking out for...go ahead and bury him with all good intentions

well i popped onto see what was hoppenig..now off to work some more LOl at least that is what I call it!

Old 10-04-2008, 01:21 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,874,167 times
Welcome Tapestry we all need all the support we can offer each other.

St.Joe hasn't worked for us so far! There's only so much one Saint can do in this mess!!!!

Old 10-04-2008, 01:23 PM

6,196 posts, read 5,450,222 times
Welcome to our ranks Tapestry! Please report in often the door is always open and our Leader will keep your spirits up with tails of grass sniffers, no shows ect.

Well the young couple "may be" putting an offer in, they just left the little house all excited, wahoooo!

Checking in to see if Lacey was about.......anxious to see how long those buyers hung around and hopefully are having a couple drinks deciding on the offer they will present!!!!

Well I didn't get the first thing done since company showed up and just left. Oh well

Old 10-04-2008, 01:44 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,282,742 times
Mayfair..are you in Washington? Me too..

Old 10-04-2008, 01:55 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,282,742 times
Welcome, Tapestry, to this crazy place..CrazyMa, our leader, will cheer with you, cry with you, and write songs and poems for you! This place has been my sanity..It took us 10 LONG months to sell, if you have time go back and check out my ordeal..we were the ones with grass sniffers..Now that alone should make you curious..what was that, in June I think..Ugh.

Hang in there...hoping things improve in the market, we are holding off buying for a bit...the selling took the life about out of us and we are in recovery, lol.

Welcome!

Old 10-04-2008, 02:06 PM

1,261 posts, read 4,275,553 times
Welcome Mayfair! Wow. That was quick. Our house has been on the market for a little over 10 months with no offers. *sigh*

Haven't had any showings in a few weeks now. Maybe a month. I'm getting tired of cleaning my house for nothing.

Old 10-04-2008, 02:11 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,874,167 times
Hi Painter-no idea. Know they were here (we didn't park and peek this time).

If there's anything to hear it won't be til Mon. as they don't work Sun!

It's the first time I had severe butterflies.

That is great news for you hope it all works out.

Old 10-04-2008, 03:03 PM

2,766 posts, read 5,525,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayfair View Post
Well, we put our house on the market two days ago and got an offer. A low, not very good one, so I'm hoping for a better one soon. At least someone was interested.

Wishing everyone selling at whatever stage you're at good luck!!!!!! May good offers come your way.

Anyway to get that offer bumped up to an offer that you can live with. Sometimes the first offer is the best. Lots of luck.

Old 10-04-2008, 03:16 PM

2,766 posts, read 5,525,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
Welcome to our ranks Tapestry! Please report in often the door is always open and our Leader will keep your spirits up with tails of grass sniffers, no shows ect.

Well the young couple "may be" putting an offer in, they just left the little house all excited, wahoooo!

Checking in to see if Lacey was about.......anxious to see how long those buyers hung around and hopefully are having a couple drinks deciding on the offer they will present!!!!

Well I didn't get the first thing done since company showed up and just left. Oh well

Painter I sad in my last post that the young ones sounded good. My money is on them giving you that offer and getting the mortgage. You just reminded me we need a power washer. We had one in FL but hubby got crazy at the garage sale and sold it. I should have known better then leave him alone to sell by himself and I was only gone for a potty break. Next time I will wear depends.lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate