Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2008, 06:36 AM

2,791 posts, read 10,810,102 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by springbean View Post
Thanks for the warm welcome I am thinking of getting a St. Joe statue, where would one purchase such a thing?

You guys are awesome!
Got mine on ebay. He's not working at all!
Try to stay positive everyone. I just love that pixie dust Judy!

Old 09-23-2008, 08:15 AM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,373,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by springbean View Post
Thanks for the warm welcome I am thinking of getting a St. Joe statue, where would one purchase such a thing?

You guys are awesome!
You can pick one up at any Catholic or religious gift store. I found this place on line if you don't mind driving into Austin.

Catholic Arts & Gifts
6113 Burnet Road

Sorry, I couldn't find a phone #, but maybe you could call information and try to find the # that way before you drive there. They should have them.

Old 09-23-2008, 08:17 AM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,373,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brookdaleresident View Post
Got mine on ebay. He's not working at all!
Try to stay positive everyone. I just love that pixie dust Judy!
Mine's not working either, but I think I buried him wrong. I buried him lying on his stomach. So today I will bury him upside down.

Old 09-23-2008, 08:18 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,853,374 times
I got ours at a local store/pharmacy. Had it buried last year and couldn't find it. This spring when ground thaw started I noticed the base and dug it up, wash it and put it in a plant in our front bay window. So far-no luck.

Painter-what happened this morning-inquiring minds want to know.

Oh figure this another 4 hits on our listing since yesterday but no action.

Old 09-23-2008, 08:22 AM

959 posts, read 1,824,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
I got ours at a local store/pharmacy. Had it buried last year and couldn't find it. This spring when ground thaw started I noticed the base and dug it up, wash it and put it in a plant in our front bay window. So far-no luck.

Painter-what happened this morning-inquiring minds want to know.

Oh figure this another 4 hits on our listing since yesterday but no action.
I am going to have to get me one of those things and bury it. Never hurts right?

I stopped looking at the amount of hits our house gets. We have over 1500 hits and only 3 showings. It really sucks.

Kristine

Old 09-23-2008, 08:28 AM

8,545 posts, read 10,274,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorriem View Post
WE buried our St. Joe statue but when we sold the home we forgot to take him out of his home.(ground) What will the new ownwers think when they find him. Maybe think we were desperate which we were.lol
Lorrie, I have a better one..

we lived a couple hours north of Vegas there in Southern Utah, and my younger son and fiance LOVE Vegas, their wedding is there next April, big huge destination wedding at a country club, etc..anyway, when one walks the Strip there are all kinds of folks handing out 'stripper cards' no kidding, very scantily clad women advertising strip places. I guess it's legal. Anyway, Scott brought some to us when he went to vegas and then to our place, and they buried them in the yard. I don't know where...they figured old St. Joe wasn't working so maybe stripper cards would. Mind you this is Utah. Anyway, we didn't have time to remember where they buried the cards, so our new buyers are in for quite a surprise if they ever dig up anything, lol. Thought I would share...hehe

Old 09-23-2008, 09:13 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,444,949 times
Dogmom I would love to see their reaction if they find those cards! Your ears will be burning, can you imagine what they will say and or think, to funny!

Well I found out it is the little house they want to see and now they changed to this evening. She got called into work so at least she is polite enough to call! Found out it is the couple I showed the place to when I first started the rehab on it, he loved it she was 50-50 on it, then afew months later their mom called who lives 3 house down and inquired about it and told my agent I was crazy on the price, heheh. Now the couple has relocated back here and want to see it again. The son wants to be on the loop and I think he is a momma's boy so it looks good so far. The bad thing is there will be no profit on it, I am just unloading it.

Old 09-23-2008, 09:53 AM

3,191 posts, read 9,184,631 times
Morning all!! Rothbear, glad to hear you survived the yard sale...
Niki...hey we might be cousins!!! LOL well actually we are all related the way I unnerstand it Story goes, a great great grand mother was Cherokee, she was found in a cave in Sneedville TN and raised by the man & his family who found her....buried in Scott county Va. Intersting stuff, genealogy!
Painter I guess one house gone woudl be a good thing.eh?

Well y'all hang tight, throw your Joes a kiss, and breathe that pixie dust in real deep. As Annie says the sun will come out tomorrow!

Old 09-23-2008, 10:20 AM

2,766 posts, read 5,521,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
Lorrie, I have a better one..

we lived a couple hours north of Vegas there in Southern Utah, and my younger son and fiance LOVE Vegas, their wedding is there next April, big huge destination wedding at a country club, etc..anyway, when one walks the Strip there are all kinds of folks handing out 'stripper cards' no kidding, very scantily clad women advertising strip places. I guess it's legal. Anyway, Scott brought some to us when he went to vegas and then to our place, and they buried them in the yard. I don't know where...they figured old St. Joe wasn't working so maybe stripper cards would. Mind you this is Utah. Anyway, we didn't have time to remember where they buried the cards, so our new buyers are in for quite a surprise if they ever dig up anything, lol. Thought I would share...hehe

Wow Barb that is a hoot. I hope they find it though to show your friends. They will get a kick out of it. I think? You could go digging for it and when the police arrive they would do nothing but laugh and if they have home on the market they just might take them "for evidence" LOL and bury it themselves.

Old 09-23-2008, 10:47 AM

959 posts, read 1,824,585 times
I have decided something today. I am really bummed about how things are going with selling my house. BUT I need to remember that nothing in my neighborhood has sold for about 6 months. So I have decided that I am not going to get down in the dumps about it unless I see something in my area (I have 6 for sale just on my street) sells. If something sells, then I will start to wonder why. But if nothing is selling, then it is just not my fault. People are just not buying in my area right now.

Kristine
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate