Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2008, 11:01 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,853,374 times

Advertisements

Kristine-I feel the same. This is something we all have no control over and we've all listed at one of the worst times ever.

I was hoping to be in NC prior to winter but looks not so promising.

Old 09-23-2008, 11:24 AM

5,273 posts, read 7,348,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammy5 View Post
I have decided something today. I am really bummed about how things are going with selling my house. BUT I need to remember that nothing in my neighborhood has sold for about 6 months. So I have decided that I am not going to get down in the dumps about it unless I see something in my area (I have 6 for sale just on my street) sells. If something sells, then I will start to wonder why. But if nothing is selling, then it is just not my fault. People are just not buying in my area right now.

Kristine
Hammy,
we have 3 on our street.........and 5-6 more around the damn corner. It sucks, doesn't it??? Hang in there!!!!No one is buying here either.

Springbean!
Your house is a beaut!! There are soo many beautiful homes in TX and South (like GA, where we want to eventually move someday!)...all you get for 300k here are dumps in NJ!! and we are stuck in that range,.,.at least until I start working again (SAHM with twins for the last few years)but set to go now!

Old 09-23-2008, 11:37 AM

NJSocks you have a beautiful home and the area is suffering now-hang in.

Opinions needed: When we go FSBO we don't think we want the generic stick in the ground sign. We discussed a 4x3 vinyl (to be made) hung from the front porch railing. Does that sound desparate or tacky?

Old 09-23-2008, 12:26 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,184,631 times
Hey Lacey...if you are going to do a custom one, IMHO I would do a smaller sign, say about 2' x 2 1/2' ( a little bigger than the standard) placed in the yard where a sign would normally be seen.

You might want to add on it 'Realtors Welcome @ _%" might encourage them to call with a client

Also you might consider creating a blog for your house. I found Wordpress.com to have an easy format to create one. (it can have a counter showing hits.)From there you can have a link to say, flicker for pics. There you can even do a sllideshow or one with music, pretty cool!
Then you can add the blog web address to your sign...and even link to it on the tons of free FSBO type sites out there.

Maybe I'll get on here later and give you the crazyma fsbo plan...if you can stand it LOL

Old 09-23-2008, 12:34 PM

2,766 posts, read 5,521,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
NJSocks you have a beautiful home and the area is suffering now-hang in.

Opinions needed: When we go FSBO we don't think we want the generic stick in the ground sign. We discussed a 4x3 vinyl (to be made) hung from the front porch railing. Does that sound desparate or tacky?
Not at all. We just got a vinyl for the I hope to be future president and it looks great. I have it in the ground but I am sure you can put a sign like that on your porch railing but where do you put the brouchures. Many people me included would want it to be closer to the street since I don't want to run up to the prorch to get them?

Old 09-23-2008, 12:37 PM

Great hints all-have little over a month to go.

Old 09-23-2008, 12:49 PM

Default Barb

Barb better late then never welcome back. I was off more then I was on the computer for a few days so not me. Thanks to Crazyma I found she did start a part 2. Again welcome back and you were missed. It sounds like you had a great time.
Btw I am just now reading all the posts. I started from the back but after a two pages I started from the beginning. Now I know what the newbe's had to do and why we have a new beginning.

Old 09-23-2008, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
thanks for that info, Painter..I use 409 and windex..period..seems to cure all evils..i got so tired of washing windows before we sold, dogs always nosing them.

How about everyone list their status...selling...offers..sold? That's an easy way for newbies to catch up..

Sold Barb I had to use windex all the time on my french doors because of my three furbabies. One tiny smudge, one a bit higher and one to the door nob. So much fun. I have french doors again but no windex out but once a week. Love it my house is now my own and if I don't clean it all the time who cares.

Old 09-23-2008, 01:57 PM

7,726 posts, read 1,889,082 times
Good Afternoon everyone!
To all of you who are so discouraged please don't be so hard on yourselves! All of us who are selling have been there and God forbid we probably will be again. With this housing market we all will have our good days and our bad days and all I can say is THANK GOD FOR CRAZYMA'S BOOT CAMP! I really have to say there is quite a few of us who would have gone crazy if we didn't have Crazymas Boot Camp and all of the wonderful peeps here to help us through those days! Hey, we ALL have been there! I try to keep strong in my faith that this place and the other one ( yikes! 2 places for sale!) will sell soon before we keep lowering the prices so much that they will be free, but some days it just becomes to much. We are human however and we will have those days. It is an awful tough market out there and beyond our control when we are priced right. It is the hardest housing market ever and we are at the mercy of a lot of fence sitters. Hang in there we will sell when they get tired of sitting there or get a few splinters and decide to finally get off that darn fence!

Old 09-23-2008, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Great hints all-have little over a month to go.
LaceyEx
Can you quess?????????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate