Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-22-2008, 07:14 PM

5,273 posts, read 7,347,457 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by raising3boys View Post
Painter- I cannot believe that! It sounds like she is sabotaging her entire office, she might not have a job for long. You need to send your niece to boot camp too.LOL.

Anita- Any news about your home? Inspections and such?

NJSocks- We still haven't heard anything about our inspection. My husband emailed our agent and Cartus today. Our Cartus agent told us-hang on( LOL) they are still waiting on paper work. We did make an appointment with our buyers' agent to see houses again this week. We can't make an offer until money is hand from our sale-but we want to start looking hard because the money should be here SOOOOOON!
( -crossing fingers, maybe the check is in the mail-likely story.)

Usually, I don't post like chain emails and all that. ( I get so many from past students and such) but I thought this email fit right in with everything we all are going experiencing right now. It made me stop and think:

Many people are like garbage trucks. They run around
full of garbage, full of frustration, full of anger, and full of
disappointment. As their garbage piles up, they need a place to dump
it and sometimes they'll dump it on you. Don't take it personally.
Just smile, wave, wish them well, and move on. Don't take their
garbage and spread it to other people at work, at home, or on the streets.
The bottom line is that successful people do not let garbage trucks
take over their day. Life's too short to wake up in the morning with
regrets, so...Love the people who treat you right. Pray for the ones who don't.
Life is ten percent what you make it and ninety percent how you take it!

Have a, garbage-free day!
this is great lol! garbage!!! You rock raise!

Old 09-22-2008, 07:16 PM

5,273 posts, read 7,347,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niki View Post
Welcome, Janet!

I just got an email from my realtor. She said that she's gotten two phone calls from people who saw the sign in our yard. She thinks we may get two showings tomorrow and will let me know when she knows more.

I've been feeling a little depressed and it's nice to get some possible good news. It was starting to feel like cleaning as much as I do is a waste of time. Yeah, we had the one showing last Monday, but I expected more after dropping our price yet again. *sigh*

Honestly, I've gotten to the point where I'm tired of hoping and praying. It's been nearly 10 months now and we're still here. *sigh* (Yes, I know I sigh a lot. lol) I feel like I have very little faith left. I know a little is all we need ("as a grain of mustard seed"), but I've always been a very faithful and optimistic person. I don't know how some people can be negative all the time. I've been on the negative side for a couple weeks now and I'm sick of it. lol
Niki!! don't lose hope. You gotta have faith. It will get better. Yay to 2 people seeing the sign in your yard!! woohooo! just keep reading crazyma's jingles and humming to the tune lol!! She can get anyone out of a funk!!!

DOnt want anyone to think I left them out!! I am reading all your posts and thinking of you all!!!!!!! goodnight!
MAY OUR HOMES SELL. MAY OUR HOMES SELL......... keep the chant going!

Wel;come Janet and other newbies. It's a great group!!

Old 09-22-2008, 07:46 PM

2,766 posts, read 5,521,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyma View Post
HELLO to all, current peeps , prospective boot campers and guests!
You might notice the original Crazyma's Boot Camp and Poetry Salon in your perusings on here...Well we had over 1300 posts on there and it was kind of getting lonnnnggg. And the thought was it was not real easy to jump in and we didn't want anyone to be scared to join our merry band of recruits.....so I made an executive decision along with input from the regular crew and other worthy notables of CD land to start a NEW thread!!!

Boot camp started out of Crazyma's desire to be a support and laugh-line for frustrated sellers BUT
it does not matter if you are a seller, a buyer (we will try to be kind) or just nosy...oops, FRIENDLY, & would like to join the fun and fellowship., come on in the door is wide open!
If you are new & have read this & want to play just fall in and post! Please introduce yourself!!

To the 'old gang' ...come on in! I can't tell you how much I have enjoyed your 'friendship' on here and hope you have enjoyed your BOOT CAMP time too?!!

ATTENTION BOOT CAMPERS-
hup , 2, 3, 4
left, right, left, right
Cramyma has lots in store
come & join, it's outta sight!

boot camp luv, c-ma ( i been trying to do some personal invites but it is slowww going!)

Well, By darn you are up and running so glad for all to just talk about selling their home and us who have sold our home. This is a great place to vent, to get advice or not and just have fun.
Lorrie

Old 09-22-2008, 07:52 PM

2,766 posts, read 5,521,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
I'm here CrazyMa! BTW, I changed my name from Texanwannabe to "TexasGirl@Heart"....suits me better.

Well, I am off Tues and Wed...then flying down to Austin, TX for 5 days on Thursday!! So, before I go, I am digging up St.Joe, having a heart to heart talk with him and then giving him his 2nd proper burial! Hopefully when I return from Texas, St. Joe will have stirred the pot and buyers will be lining up at my door to present offers!!

One can only dream, right....

WE buried our St. Joe statue but when we sold the home we forgot to take him out of his home.(ground) What will the new ownwers think when they find him. Maybe think we were desperate which we were.lol

Old 09-22-2008, 08:25 PM

472 posts, read 1,710,186 times
I've always wondered, why St. Joseph, rather than any other saint? Because he was a builder, maybe?

Old 09-22-2008, 08:33 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,183,768 times
here's a good link for info on ole dear Joe
snopes.com: St. Joseph and Home Sales

Old 09-22-2008, 08:56 PM

336 posts, read 864,416 times
Well all I have to say about St. joe is that I am a Christian and when I first buried him I was very doubtful. but after I sat and pondered a bit I dug him up and buried him again with his feet sticking up towards heaven and facing my house right next to the for sale sign. 3 days later my phone rings after being quiet for almost a month and long story short I am in contract now. So it doesn't hurt to try...just have faith.

Well my realtor sent over info on the inspection. We had 5 things they want us to fix and its all easy stuff on my hubby. Like clean out the crawl space that we never go in and when the home was built almost 7 years ago I guess they left stuff in there so he will clean that out next week when he is home. replace a board underneath our bedroom window thats starting to dry rot so we will do that tomorrow. Remove plants that grew close to the foundation....we did that already too. It was on the side of the house I never go on. Weird lived here almost 7 years and have only been on that side of the house less than a handful lol. Replace this little piece of wood underneath the eave that was placed wrong, I can't believe it wasn't pointed out when we had our inspection when this house was built...and last they want us to have the hvac serviced to see if it works right. Well my husband works with hvac systems all the time and he just cleaned it and it works just fine plus we replaced it with a good quality filter. Im wondering if we should still have this done and pay someone to do exactly what my husband did? I think what got us on that he had the filter out to change before inspection and it slipped his mind and forgot to replace it. The old one was dirty, but not to the point to where it looked as if we don't take care of our system, also he cleaned the system 2 weeks ago. Do we have to agree to everything they want us to do? couldn't they see in the inspection that the heat works just fine...it was blazing hot in my house when i got home. Just ranting and I know its not much, but right now we are living on a tight budget and we really don't want to fork out extra money we really don't have right now due to extra expenses of my husband living away from home.

Old 09-22-2008, 09:06 PM

1,178 posts, read 2,838,392 times
RAising3Boys well, we are not in the luxury of an apartment!! Everything will be in storage and we will be in EXTENDED STAY with a cat!!!!!!! However, we have no children at home and so it will be an adventure. I am planning on starting house hunting on Oct 1 and hopefully be in something by Thanksgiving. My plans anyway ! We will do our part to help the economy! I couldn't do this if we had children at home and worrying about schools, etc. Good luck to you and your family!

Old 09-22-2008, 09:13 PM

1,178 posts, read 2,838,392 times
Niki, don't give up. I know how you feel. I had huge swings in emotions and I couldn't chalk it up to hormones. What you are feeling is very normal and it conforted me to knowthat in my personal faith God knows me and my weakneses and loves me and accepts me just as I am. No condemnation. I did enough of that to myself. Just keep your eyes on the positive. Don't be hard on yourself.

dogmom, I know how you feel too!! I hate limbo. I worried where my daughter and her husband would come for the holidays. Couldn't even tell them where to book flights. As women I think we are nesters and all this is more important to us. It isn't just a house but a HOME.

Old 09-22-2008, 09:30 PM

6,196 posts, read 5,444,432 times
well fellow sellers you will appreciate this one. I am taking a break from cleaning here at 10:23 p.m., see I took a week off from keeping up appearances. So my agent called a 8:15 p.m. to tell me had a mes. on the phone from someone that is only in town in the morning wanting to see the house on the Loop and would like to see it at 8 a.m. if at all possible. He called me first of course and I said bring them bring them bring them. The mes. said this is the 2nd look soo....here is the problem I have 2 houses on the Loop for sale and we dont know which one they want to see! To be safe I am cleaning my big house tonite, the little house is empty so let it be dusty. I am thinking it is the little house anyway, we will see in the morning. The lady didn't leave a name even so my agent isn't sure who it is. Strange folks out there for sure.
Okay back to cleaning just in case, I knew better than to leave the windex locked up for a whole week, lol. Time for a prison break I guess!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate