Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-19-2008, 09:11 AM

8,545 posts, read 10,278,684 times

Advertisements

Morning, campers. I have a naggy cough dang it..woke me up a couple times during the night. had quite a day yesterday..Crazyma...Bremerton got more snow than we did I think. I heard on the news this morning that although we don't get as MUCH snow as other places, what makes it tough here, in Seattle and Bremerton and such, it's so hilly. Folks here are used to rain for the most part, so slippin and slidin all over the place.

Here's my little story about what happened to us yesterday...we drove to the mall in Olympia for shopping and lunch with my cousin Donna (poor Carl, two yakkety *** women, lol) and we had a heck of a time getting home.. We got stuck in traffic on hwy 8 heading west from Oly to our place in Elma...ended up in a cute little restaurant called The Place, had cocoa and pie (yeah like we needed that haha) along with other travelling folks, guess the 'staters' as Donna calls the highway folks aka Cal Trans in CA, were sanding the highway and everyone was just stopped...tried to take a shortcut road through Shelton home, had to turn around due to ice...and Shelton got more snow than we did. My auntie lives in Shelton..Anyway, we finally started home, it was a slow go but we got home about 6. We started out about 3:30 from the mall....it's a 30 mile drive...fun and games.

To top it off, we HAVE to go back to the mall today to pick up a gift we were having personalized at the things remembered store. and shocking, Penney's was closed..can you imagine..closed? Employees could not get in due to ice and snow..bet that manager was having a coronary..

Not looking forward to heading in there again today, but have to finish up, i still have my kids and folks gifts to mail out, guess its UPS at this point..

Raising, have a good day, give your son a hug..he was only defending himself..and yes maybe you should press charges against the other kid, but then that might make it worse later on. I dunno...it's a tough call but definitely talk to the principal and maybe even the counselor...

talk to ya all later, here are a few pics of our driving nightmare yesterday afternoon..
http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j135/bboyack/12180815451.jpg
(broken link)

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j135/bboyack/12180815431.jpg (broken link)

My car..

Front yard..that's supposed to be a little street

Old 12-19-2008, 10:23 AM

2,766 posts, read 5,523,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyma View Post
Raising if that other boy SLAPPED your son, heck I would tell the school I want to press charges...let that bully kid and his parents get a dose of juvie, and maybe scare his ass straight.Let them know you mean business.Can you get some kind of restraining order so that boy has to stay a certain distance from your son?? They want zero tolerance, then you take zero tolerance on that other kid slapping your son. Well that is what I would do...read your other posting & like the one poster said....make sure he knows what to do in case this type of situation ever comes up again. I agree no punishment, it is bad enough he defends himself and gets suspended ( which is totally stupid, how about in school supension or something more constructive?? ) Is that the same school your boys are going to from the new house?
I hereby put a CRAZY mojo mind spanking on that bully!!!

Well good that your new house is in better shape than you expected! Happy Anniversary TOO!!

dogmom, did you get more snow? DD said they had about 3-4 inches on Bremerton last night. And they played out in it today and apparently thier cul de sac is a popular hill for the neighborhood folks and all had fun!
Thank goodness ours started melting today, & I could see stars tonight!

I am tired, did more cookies; sandies, C chips, and Reindeer Poop, plus dinner.
Maybe tomorrow I will start one of the paintings I need to get going on...
sweet dreams campers!!

Right on Sara I didn't even think about pressing charges. What he did was assult someone else and that is against the law. I don't give a darn about 0 tolerance. If some one hit me and there was witnesses and I defended myself I am sure the hitter would be arrested and I would be not after the officer heard what had happened.Why would the school be so different? Oh I forgot 0 tolerance. Bull so PC.

Old 12-19-2008, 10:28 AM

[quote=TexasGirl@Heart;6624751]First off....I got the night off! Woo Hoo!!
Now onto pressing matters....

Lorrie...I still cannot see the pic of your grandson, BUT your granddaughter is simply beautiful!

Raising3boys....First {{{HUGS}}} to you and N! I wouldn't have punished him either. I also agree with your husband....there is an unwritten rule, even with girls! The sad thing is there are many cases on the news where there are several bullys ganging up on one student and it has resulted in a tragic end. I think your son had finally had enough and stood up for himself. Not saying it's right...but you have to teach your children to take a stand for themselves early on or otherwise they will be walked on the rest of their lives. Your son should not have to be bullied because of his race...it shows ignorance on the other kids part and speaks volumes as to how that kid was raised.

On the other hand, I understand the principle's stand on ZERO violence. What grade is your son in? Can you have their classes separated if they are sharing classes? Maybe next year make sure they are not in the same classes. He might have to stick it out for the rest of the school year.

[/quote

Thank you I think so also but I am the Nana. I like taking her pics when she doesn't know she looks so much more like herself. That Pic was taken several months ago but she is getting better just being herself when her pic is taken.

Old 12-19-2008, 10:37 AM

Feel better Barb that nagging cough could just be the beginning of what is going around.
Love the pictures of the snow and glad I wasn't taking them. A lot of stores across the USA are closed because of the storms.What a shame to lose all sales that the week before Xmas brings. This year all the stores need to sell. I do not what to see the total sales figures for Dec. I fear what will happen to our less then steler economy.

Old 12-19-2008, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorriem View Post
Feel better Barb that nagging cough could just be the beginning of what is going around.
Love the pictures of the snow and glad I wasn't taking them. A lot of stores across the USA are closed because of the storms.What a shame to lose all sales that the week before Xmas brings. This year all the stores need to sell. I do not what to see the total sales figures for Dec. I fear what will happen to our less then steler economy.

Thanks, Lorrie, I did get my butt dressed and ready to hit the mall, Costco and target...I plan to be home a LOT earlier than yesterday, sun is out so a good day to finish all that stuff..then I can spend the weekend wrapping and boxing and Monday morning it goes to UPS fed ex or whoever can get it there by Christmas, yep its gonna cost..but cheaper than us going down there and besides I have used up my dogsitter for the year, lol..

Ok outta here...Oh Carl just said we have 7-8 in of snow on the ground, whoo hoo...yes we will be taking our jeep!

later campers!

Old 12-19-2008, 12:21 PM

620 posts, read 1,952,110 times
You all make me feel so much better. I am just popping in for a sec. I am between the house and apartment.

The movers came and went.... Let me tell you, there were AWESOME! They had four movers and the had two carrying in stuff and two putting it away! It was difficult keeping up with them where things went.

I do have to say, we picked the WORST DAY to move. We had so much snow/rain/sleet and YUCK! The roads were horrible this morning. We got to the house and guess what.....

We had to shovel the drive. LOL. We had to make a path for them. I laughed and told Nicolas that well, he got his punishment for being our of school. It was the first time shoveling for him and for me in 20years!

Only one shelf was broke when they delivered the goods and it wasn't a good one. The only piece of furniture that was a PIA was our couch that was going to the basement. ( IT WOULDN"T FIT!)

They said all the heavy pieces were fine-it was just too tight of fit for the couch.

Tomorrow we have to move ourselves from the apartment. It wont be fun, I am sure! I have to pack up here now.

I have decided to call a for a meeting with the principal when we return along with ALL of his teachers. I just want to be proactive. Found out that the kid really is only in Nicolas' PE/Lunch. Thank goodness. I just don't think Nicolas will go tattle still...so I am going to ask them to keep tabs on Nicolas. I figure his teachers are going to be shocked anyhow that he got suspended because they know his personality and traits. We will see what happens.

I appreciate ALL of YOU just letting me "RUN TO YOU!" LOL.

Thank you. Have a great weekend.

Last edited by raising3boys; 12-19-2008 at 12:23 PM.. Reason: Can't spell at all today.

Old 12-19-2008, 04:58 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,188,182 times
Come on campers!
gather round the CRAZY fire...

Some are happy, their homes have sold...
some are sad, the buyers are dragging...

but everyone is GLAD
to be campers at the CRAZY Camp!

YAY go CAMPERS
It will be better, wait and see,
Patience is the only key.
So gather round the CRAZY fire,
and share your stories, gnash your teeth, pull your hair,
here you know that you will find
some good company and folks that care!!!

Howdy campers, I've been busy! Tackled the notorious CRAP between the GLASS on the oven...did you know there are usually little gaps underneath the front door edge? And with patience and courage, LOL, you can use a flexible stick, etc, and a wet cloth & clean that darn sucker out??!!!
I did it!! It isn't perfect, but now you can't see 2 big ole splats and runs...I so happy

I am still in my JAMMIES!! But they are SO comfortable...hubyy came in laughing at me...but now I think we are going to go out to eat. I have cabin fever. YAY!
Will check in with you all later....

everyone be careful out there, if you are dealing with snow...or getting that Christmas shopping done! Look out for road idiots

Old 12-19-2008, 05:33 PM

6,196 posts, read 5,447,275 times
Okay Crazyma you have my curiousity up, clean between the glass? Gonna check that one out in the a.m. TADATADA YUP I got punch bowl cookies made, and I will have to make another dbl batch, had afew cookie monsters come in! Already to get started on pretzels, walnuts and then the spritz in the morning too!

So raising tell us How does it feel? To be moving in to your new home is such a nice gift for the holidays huh?

An old friend of mine called today really upset. Says her hubby of 10 yrs is now in therepy. And in a joint meeting she found out that he has 14 credit cards and has run up 79K on them, took out a 2nd on the house and the kicker is she found out she is wife #--------8, yes, that is right, the 8TH WIFE. She has to file bankruptcy now before they loose everything. She has been kept in the dark about all of this, since he did the finances. She is on a fixed income and is now 76 yrs old. I personally want to hang him by his you know whats!

Old 12-19-2008, 07:44 PM

Painter, your poor friend, to be going through something like that at any age is horrible, but criminal at her age...guess the guy was scamming her? He should be put in jail immediately...my prayers are going out to her..

Back from shopping...and I did not get home earlier than yesterday..lots of traffic, we are expecting another foot of snow tomorrow and sunday so I think the shoppers were out in force today due to upcoming weather...i bought myself a new robe, two sleepshirts and a pair of croc lined boots, half price from 70 down to 35..in brown and my size, I hit the jackpot..now my feet will stay dry...yippee!

Well going to turn in soon, its 24 out and more weather on the way..hugs to you all.

Old 12-19-2008, 07:55 PM

336 posts, read 864,802 times
Barb...

I hope you start to feel better. This bitter cold we have here and all the snow doesn't help. So are you ready for the next big storm headed our way? DH and I were out in Everett shopping all day trying to get Christmas shopping done before the next big storm hits. Were supposed to get anout 4-8" on top of what we have now and my son measured yesterday evening when the snowed stopped and we had about 7". Well I hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend!

Michelle~
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate