Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-01-2009, 06:51 AM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,372,237 times

Advertisements

Old 01-01-2009, 07:06 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,444,432 times
Morning all,
Dont you just love going to bed and waking up in a new year!!! I just dont understand why I dont feel any more rested. Actually I crashed at 11 p.m. didn't see a need in staying up. They had the first annual Pelican drop in P'cola which was kinda neat, an 8' metal replica that they were to drop from a crane in down town. They showed the artists making all the metal feathers in an welding shop. Interesting at least to me.

Old 01-01-2009, 07:36 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,851,350 times
Morning and Happy New Year all. Quiet night here-early to bed, early to rise-hey doesn't make me feel wise!

Old 01-01-2009, 12:35 PM

2,766 posts, read 5,521,014 times
Last night I was reading about pancreatitis in dogs. It said the dog would be in pain, not eat or play and throw up. Nothing about blood in the throw up. Well Elkie was playfull, eating and just being Elkie the night before. The Vet called this morning and told us we could pick up Elkie since she was much better and ate a half can of their dog food. Hubby went down and was helping the vet getting things for elkie since the Vet came in just for Elkie and Elkie was following them around happily. He also asked why the blood and she said from throwing up so much. Not so said Hubby the first time she had to throw up blood came up also as did the second and third time. So I have a $400 bill for a diag that I doubt but i am not a vet. She also said that when they were boarded for Xmas the kennels were packed. Elkie and the other three are all sleeping around me now in their 4 beds. Could it be stress like i posted before? Most likely. Elkie also got two cans of special food plus meds for maybe an ulcer. So that is the update. So many unknowns.

Old 01-01-2009, 01:31 PM

1,869 posts, read 4,023,319 times
HAPPY NEW YEAR! I wish everyone the best in health, love, and happiness this year.
lorrie, sorry to see about your pup, hope it is just stress and this passes quickly.
Prayers for Sassy, too, for a safe return.

Old 01-01-2009, 01:45 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,273,875 times
Thanks, Stoy..no word yet on Sassy...found out that her tags have MY FOLKS phone number so if anyone calls about her it will be my folks getting the call and that is NOT a good thing..My dad is not well...Let's put it this way, he comes unglued at just about anything and especially something to do with HIS dogs..oh my..My sister doesn't know what to do...thinking someone should at least tell my mom...so she can monitor the phone..but i was just chatting with my mom and she seems to be in a really good mood..crap.

Keep praying girls...No news is probably good news...we just need some news..

Venting, sorry..having one of those days I guess..

Old 01-01-2009, 01:51 PM

2,766 posts, read 5,521,014 times
Vent away Barb. It always helps me to vent then I don't get to you not what with hubby and others that I love. You all don't know how many times you saved me from the B word from others.

Old 01-01-2009, 01:51 PM

Nice to see hdl, brook and stoym back on here, You all have been missed! Where have you all been hiding?

I was so hoping the pup had been found, don't give up yet. Dogmom you just vent away, that is what we are here for!

Lorriem, glad you got yours back home and that they didn't find anything serious.

Old 01-01-2009, 01:56 PM

I just got off the phone with my sis - oh you want to hear venting, lol. She is very very good at it. She is upset at hubby now because he fell back on the table (glass) and it broke with his weight, said he got stuck like he was sitting in a trash can. It broke a crystal bisquick jar and lamp, and glass went flying all over. Once she seen he was not hurt, she had him clean it up while she got ready to go to the furniture store! Spent 2500 on a new table and chairs, but it was on sale!

Old 01-01-2009, 01:58 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,273,875 times
Hi Lorrie, glad Elke is back home..I can't tell you how many times we hauled a dog to the vet and turns out nothing big was wrong...but i would rather have spent the money to find that out. It's not like they can tell you what's wrong with them..its always a guessing game. Glad all is well on your home front.

My sister told my mom...nothing I can do from here a thousand miles away..we are heading over to my cousins about 6 for tri tip...will take some wine with us..i have a couple bottles opened that need to get finished, lord knows I don;t need to drink them all myself!

Later and Happy New Year!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.