Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-02-2009, 03:35 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,275,534 times

Advertisements

Yes. Lorrie you are right..I think I am just worn out, stressed out and need to just chill...we are really thinking about getting in to this househunt soon, and have expanded our search area to Southern CA as well as Northern CA. That is where we are originally from and many friends and our oldest son is there...we can do better with our house buying budget there since the bottom has just fallen to heck and back. So we have a lot to think about. Guess a trip down south is in order to really be sure what we want to do..

I will be glad when I am in a house and settled and can move on with life!

One happy thing happened today, our invitation to our son's wedding arrived today, date is April 4th..future dil handmade all the invitations, I should scan one and post it, they are awesome...they are getting married in Vegas so everything has a playing card theme..fun..so that cheered me up!

Now I hear John Travolta's son passed away today. Now that is tragic...makes things seem small here in comparison...Counting my blessings...

Old 01-02-2009, 03:54 PM

2,766 posts, read 5,522,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
Yes. Lorrie you are right..I think I am just worn out, stressed out and need to just chill...we are really thinking about getting in to this househunt soon, and have expanded our search area to Southern CA as well as Northern CA. That is where we are originally from and many friends and our oldest son is there...we can do better with our house buying budget there since the bottom has just fallen to heck and back. So we have a lot to think about. Guess a trip down south is in order to really be sure what we want to do..

I will be glad when I am in a house and settled and can move on with life!

One happy thing happened today, our invitation to our son's wedding arrived today, date is April 4th..future dil handmade all the invitations, I should scan one and post it, they are awesome...they are getting married in Vegas so everything has a playing card theme..fun..so that cheered me up!

Now I hear John Travolta's son passed away today. Now that is tragic...makes things seem small here in comparison...Counting my blessings...
Oh No I didn't here that how old was he?

Those invitations sound neat you must try and scan them.

Where would you rather live N CA or S CA? We lived in Irvine in the late 70's but not for long maybe a little over a year so N Ca I think I like better but that is only because to me that was home. If anyone said to me you are moving to CA next month I would go either North or south were ever they told me to go.lol

Old 01-02-2009, 04:22 PM

I am with you, Califorinia I am comin' home..if the younger son was not in Sac area, gettin married and all that, Southern CA would be the place. But we like hanging with them and being closer would be good if there were ever grandkids...he might really have his heart set on having his dad nearby. I am more hands off, but you know how men are they like hanging in the garage, building things...but that's not to say that if we are able to buy more house for less money, then we have a little more disposable income to travel and see them.

My best girlfriends are in SoCal, friends of nearly 30 years...like family. I miss them..I miss the bbq's, mother's day and father's day get togethers, but then all of our kids are grown so it's different now.

It's a tough call.

I think they said that Jett Travolta was 16...he had seizure problems and possibly autistic although the parents never admitted it due to their scientology religion or somehing..that's what the news lady said anyway..so sad..

Old 01-02-2009, 04:36 PM

6,196 posts, read 5,445,398 times
Hi gals! Oh so much going on here today, you all been just a chatting! Nothing here but some decent weather with very little rain, yea...
I know knuttin' about CA so I can't offer any insight, but I would look at both n/s and decide by the house/budget. Now my situation is abit different but I am really thinking I should do what will make me happy and not the kids. ISSUE are a brewing, another day.
I was so hoping you found Sassy, I watched my boys acting stupid today and thought about her being out there. It breaks my heart you dont know anything yet.
I do recall Travolta talking about his son along time ago, it was an awareness benefit for Autisism or something. That is so sad, so young. I don't know anything much about scientology but do they not believe in doctors or do they just not acknowledge illness?
My son lowered the price on OUR little house and didn't bother telling me. It is now listed at almost 50% of the value and I want to hurt him. Now if it sells I will lose 25k I put into the place. NOT a happy camper here, nope not at all. Okay I was not going to vent, don't like to but I also talked with the ex, and my dd just called. Oh how I want to put them all in one room and just kick their butts!

Old 01-02-2009, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
I am with you, Califorinia I am comin' home..if the younger son was not in Sac area, gettin married and all that, Southern CA would be the place. But we like hanging with them and being closer would be good if there were ever grandkids...he might really have his heart set on having his dad nearby. I am more hands off, but you know how men are they like hanging in the garage, building things...but that's not to say that if we are able to buy more house for less money, then we have a little more disposable income to travel and see them.

My best girlfriends are in SoCal, friends of nearly 30 years...like family. I miss them..I miss the bbq's, mother's day and father's day get togethers, but then all of our kids are grown so it's different now.

It's a tough call.

I think they said that Jett Travolta was 16...he had seizure problems and possibly autistic although the parents never admitted it due to their scientology religion or somehing..that's what the news lady said anyway..so sad..
I read about it right after you posted it. When you need to know something go to Drudge Report.
It is so hard to know where to live. Near your son whould be great but southern Ca would be just far enough away but not that far. You are right that you would get more house for your money in Sac. Where ever you park yourself in Ca you will be so happy.

Old 01-02-2009, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
Hi gals! Oh so much going on here today, you all been just a chatting! Nothing here but some decent weather with very little rain, yea...
I know knuttin' about CA so I can't offer any insight, but I would look at both n/s and decide by the house/budget. Now my situation is abit different but I am really thinking I should do what will make me happy and not the kids. ISSUE are a brewing, another day.
I was so hoping you found Sassy, I watched my boys acting stupid today and thought about her being out there. It breaks my heart you dont know anything yet.
I do recall Travolta talking about his son along time ago, it was an awareness benefit for Autisism or something. That is so sad, so young. I don't know anything much about scientology but do they not believe in doctors or do they just not acknowledge illness?
My son lowered the price on OUR little house and didn't bother telling me. It is now listed at almost 50% of the value and I want to hurt him. Now if it sells I will lose 25k I put into the place. NOT a happy camper here, nope not at all. Okay I was not going to vent, don't like to but I also talked with the ex, and my dd just called. Oh how I want to put them all in one room and just kick their butts!

Can your son lower the price without your approval. Is that legal?

Vent away Its good for you.

Old 01-02-2009, 07:17 PM

YES, legally it is his house. When he got out of the service I found the place at a deal, he bought it and I renovated it for him to live in. The deal was when he sold, if he sold then I would get my cash back out of it. Well he met his now wife and it wasn't fancy enough for her, she bought a house and he never moved into it. I lived in it afew months after I had the contract on my place, otherwise it has sat just sat empty for almost 2 yrs. and been on the market now for quite awhile.
I just talked to a neighbor about it and I think he is interested in it. Hope so, I just want to be done with it. That would be 2 interested now, maybe one will take it. I wish I could find a place like it at that price in TN. It just sucks...........

Old 01-02-2009, 07:28 PM

Quote:
YES, legally it is his house. When he got out of the service I found the place at a deal, he bought it and I renovated it for him to live in. The deal was when he sold, if he sold then I would get my cash back out of it. Well he met his now wife and it wasn't fancy enough for her, she bought a house and he never moved into it. I lived in it afew months after I had the contract on my place, otherwise it has sat just sat empty for almost 2 yrs. and been on the market now for quite awhile.
I just talked to a neighbor about it and I think he is interested in it. Hope so, I just want to be done with it. That would be 2 interested now, maybe one will take it. I wish I could find a place like it at that price in TN. It just sucks...........
So you have two interested in it but not dauhter-in-law. She has cost you a chunk of $$$$. I also hear prices in TN are high and that surprised me. I hope you get some of your money back but if your son said you would get your money back hopefully he would give you all you put into the house. I know that is wishful thinking.

Old 01-02-2009, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Painter, I would be happy to put a bunch of my people and your people in one room and we could really kick some butt and get it out of our systems..

It would have been nice if your son had talked to you about it first, i think that is what would upset me, but like you said it's his house.

Well, hopefully the little house sells and you are done with it..then your house is next girl. Thank you for thinking about Sassy...no word..I have been crying off and on, it just makes me so sad. I am hoping she found a new home is all.

Old 01-02-2009, 07:56 PM

LOL, Yes I am ready to kick butts, but.....I have already excepted the fact that my $$ is gone. It hurts but I will get over it until the dil says something about me not helping pay for the wedding again! Yep it is his house but he never made the first payment on it so after all this I said you pay it and I am done. Oh well.
You know I have gotten an unusual amount of strays here lately. I feed them, they hang around for awhile and then they leave. I had to stop worring about everyone of them. Today I found a nice black cat in the carport, a sweet heart and I dont like cats but now I am feeding 3! So hopefully Sassy has got someone taking care of her and trying to locate her home. You do need to notify the vet offices and there is a web site for lost animals, maybe one in your area to?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate