Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-21-2009, 12:52 PM

7,726 posts, read 1,889,336 times

Advertisements

Barb what a beautiful house!!! So glad to hear you found your home!!!

boocake sorry for your loss but now it is over and you are done and can go on with your life without that hanging over your head.

Gold*dust I know this is your first offer but who knows how long before the second one would come and how much more the market may fall and you may have to discount your home to go along with the market? I would counter with half and take the offer!!! It is your home and your choice but take it from someone who has been on the market over a year and gone from the $700,000's to the $300,000's it isn't pretty out here, IMHO!!!

Nj sorry to hear about your lookers, don't people know what size home they are looking at before they get there? What a waste of your time and emotions, I am so sorry!!!

We are supposed to hear something the end of the week. It seems that the people who came to look were the guys broker and contractor. They took pics and sent them to him and told him they loved the house lol!!! Who cares if THEY loved the house they aren't the ones who would be buying it!!! My Realtor called and said we may have another showing Sunday, he will let me know.

Old 01-21-2009, 12:55 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,375,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold*dust1 View Post
How are you feeling Tex? Have you had to take your house off the market? .
I haven't taken my house off the market yet. I am waiting until Monday. I meet with the neurosurgeon that day, so depending on what he has to say, I will make the decision. Having some pain, but not unbearable like last week.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorriem View Post
Shelly what beautiful graphics.
Thank you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
Well...we found a house.
That's wonderful! Congrats! It is really nice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by boocake View Post

I have great news -- we CLOSED today!!!
Congratulations!!

Old 01-21-2009, 12:55 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,276,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorriem View Post
Beautiful home Barb. So nicely maintained. Is the house next door for sale or maybe down the block?lol
Lorrie, there are several homes for sale, but they are all 2 story..why the don't build more 1 story homes I dont know..guess they can get more square footage on the lot..I told DH yesterday I want to get a statue of Liberty for the backyard..A small one..He looked at me like I was nuts! LOL I am nuts, so what else is new fella? We'll see...need to get plants in there, the previous owners took all the backyard plants, dug them up. At least they left the appliances..

Old 01-21-2009, 12:58 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,276,191 times
GoldDust, Judy is right..I have heard it said that your first offer is usually your best. Something to think about...it really is freeing to be done with the sale..

Old 01-21-2009, 01:18 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,856,986 times
Barb are you keeping the place you're at also?

Judy-good luck-sounds promising.

Old 01-21-2009, 01:57 PM

1,261 posts, read 4,272,606 times
Dogmom,
Congratulations on finding a house. How exciting.

Ooh, pretty. I'm surprised it doesn't cost a couple hundred thousand more at least, it being in California and all. That's a good price for California.

Boocake,
Congratulations on closing.

Old 01-21-2009, 02:32 PM

6,196 posts, read 5,445,732 times
Good Golly! So much great news today, yeaaaahhhhhh!!!!!!!!

Dogmom, I am jumping up and down, feel the earth shaken'?? How does it feel to be on the other side of the fence, please share!!!

Gold dust, Yep they say the first is usually the best! My opinion for what it is worth- except or counter 1/2 way, but but but is 5500 bucks worth possibly losing a buyer, especially in this hellish market?????

Texas, Glad to hear you are feeling abit better. I too would wait and hear what the plans are.

Boo, So happy you had a successful closing, what a relief!

Here, well-------we had a second looker on the little house today, the guy is pre-approved and loves the place. The saga continues though, the listing is up, my ds now wants to put the price back up to 95k. I am like okay what about this guy wanting to write the contract in the a.m.?? I can not post my language here so use your imaginations on my response!!!

Old 01-21-2009, 02:36 PM

6,196 posts, read 5,445,732 times
Oh Judy, I meant to add and hit the wrong key, lol! Alot of lookers from I hear are sending others to preview, especially if they are from out of state. So hang on there. And another showing to boot!!! See things may turn around for us. It is just so disheartening to get good news shot down, we tend to lose some of our hope and excitement. IT IS GONNA HAPPEN!!!

Old 01-21-2009, 03:12 PM

7,726 posts, read 1,889,336 times
TYVM Lacey and Painter!!! I hope things are turning around for all of us, here is some pixie dust to go along with the prayers!!! Things do seem to be picking up, maybe those buyers got to cold sitting on the fence and decided they need to come in from the cold!!

Old 01-21-2009, 05:48 PM

1,869 posts, read 4,024,311 times
Sorry for posting without reading what has gone on today, i apologize if anything good (or bad) has happened.
we had met with our realtor. afterwards, was discussing with my husband. basically tells me we can't afford to move, cant afford to buy property, cant afford to build a house. and he's known this for months. almost a year. i cant even describe what i am feeling right now. i feel like hes been lying to me. we cant move, we never could. i told him we've been wasting our time why was our house even for sale?? im crying so much i cant even see the screen. what was he thin king? why was he lying to me? why was our house for sale, why are we even meeting with an Fing realtor? i just dont get it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate