Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-14-2009, 12:08 PM

1,261 posts, read 4,272,606 times

Advertisements

Rothbear,
Sorry you're feeling down. I know how you feel being alone today. My husband is still in Texas (he's been gone for about a month and a half) and I'm not sure when he'll get to come home. Maybe in a couple weeks, if his job doesn't send him somewhere else.

It's just me, the kids and the animals. We'll probably be going off later. (Without the animals.) I want a new quilt or bedspread for my bed. I looked for one yesterday, but every one I saw was more than I wanted to spend. Why is it so hard to find a nice quilt or bedspread for $40 or less?

Anyway, rambling.

Old 02-14-2009, 12:16 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,856,986 times
Oh Rothbear-good to hear from you and sorry you're so down. This whole stim package has gotten to us all and been a downer.

For the life of me I don't understand how this could have been voted on and pushed thru and no one who voted, read it.

What an accomplishment tho for your DD-a master's from Cornell-wow.

Please try and give yourself a jump start-all we can do is hope it gets better.

I spent many Valentine's and holidays alone while Mr. L was career service-it's a bummer.

Nik-just enjoy the kids and do your best for them today.

Old 02-14-2009, 12:16 PM

7,726 posts, read 1,889,336 times
I am on here for just a second because I desperately need for you all to pray for Bobby. The doctor just called my sister-in-law and said Bobby has taken a turn for the worse and is in a coma and fighting for his life. PLEASE pray for him TYVM!!!

Old 02-14-2009, 12:38 PM
HDL

3,216 posts, read 6,788,996 times
Unhappy So sorry to hear this news Judy

But know that Bobby and his family are in my prayers and that we are here for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judy P. View Post
I am on here for just a second because I desperately need for you all to pray for Bobby. The doctor just called my sister-in-law and said Bobby has taken a turn for the worse and is in a coma and fighting for his life. PLEASE pray for him TYVM!!!

Old 02-14-2009, 12:58 PM

From your lips to God's ears! Prayed to St. Jude. Blessings.

Old 02-14-2009, 01:07 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,375,584 times

Old 02-14-2009, 01:45 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,276,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judy P. View Post
Ok Judy, I am praying hard..I don't know why things happen to good people, God always has a plan I guess...I am praying for him and his family, and you and hubby, also, such a hard time..know that we are ALL there for you in spirit..
Barb

Old 02-14-2009, 02:42 PM

571 posts, read 1,050,258 times
Judy,

My thoughts and prayers are with your nephew. Please keep us posted and know that we are here for you.

Happy Birthday, Lorrie!

Thanks to all who posted about the leather sofas. I had been thinking about getting a leather sofa for the media room we will be building in our basement, and was thinking that leather would be good for the dogs. We have two, a Lab and a Border Collie. It's good to know that leather is a smart choice.

I haven't been able to post all week, I completed my first week at my temp job... went pretty well. It's a two month contract job preparing income taxes... so I will be working 50 hour weeks... seems like a lot after not working for three months... and I will miss CD during the long days!

I better get my own taxes finished... because after preparing 300+ tax returns... I won't want to do my own!

I'm hoping that all of you sellers get some serious buyers, sooner rather than later. Perhaps you will have a contract soon... hang in there! March seems to be when people start to get out and look, to get a head start on moving during early summer. Maybe the $8,000 incentive in the stimulus package will get people off the fence. Too bad they made it for first time buyers only, instead of all buyers like they had been considering when the stimulus was in negotiations.

The economy certainly has me worried, my hubby has not had one call about a job since we moved... so I'm grateful that I have something... even if it is only for a short time. I'm trying to think positive... that maybe the stimulus package will create some positive action... we can hope, can't we?

Hubby and I celebrate our 15 year wedding anniversary on Thursday, so we are planning a nice dinner out. I have been asking around for suggestions for a restaurant to try. For those of you who are new to boot camp, we sold our house in October and moved into our new home in November. It's fun exploring our new area. For all you sellers out there, hang on... it will happen, and you will be settling in your new home before long.

I'm going with the positive attitude, no matter what!

Well, Happy Valentine's day everyone... please be good to yourselves!

Anita

Old 02-14-2009, 03:14 PM

Anita-best of luck to hubby in the job market and Happy 15th Anniversary!

Old 02-14-2009, 04:30 PM

1,869 posts, read 4,024,311 times
Judy, I am praying for both you and Bobby. We're here for you.
Happy Birthday, Lorrie.
Rothbear, stay with us. no hiding. this is such a hard time of year. get some sunshine!
Anita happy anniversary.
Who else did I miss...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate