Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2009, 12:12 PM

2,766 posts, read 5,522,034 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Hi all-I am so enjoying this weather-been wearing flip-flops, no jacket! Planned and paid for rehearsal dinner yesterday, new car was delivered, Mr. L had a fairly bad day yesterday-but family is babying him.

Hugs all.
I am glad that you are enjoying yourself in your flip-flops. I have no idea how you walk in them.
So sorry that Mr L was having a bad day. I hope that this is only a day or two thing.
Hubby went down to Conn this morning and was supposed to be leaving his acc't call about 12. It is a 4 hr drive and he is beat from the last two days driving to Mass and northern Conn. I hadn't heard from him by 1:30 so I stared to worry and called his cell no ans. I e mailed his I pod and no response. By a little bit before 2 he called and he said the whole management team took him out to lunch including the Pres. The one thing he didn't want to do. He just wanted to get the 4 hr trip overwith. I told him I was worried because if anything happened to him no one would know where i was. Anyway he is on hs way back to the motel rm and should be hear by 6.
I told him I was counting his ins money.lol
So that was my exciting day so far.

Old 03-19-2009, 12:29 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,855,297 times
Oh Lorrie-too funny.

Today seems better for him-it's just something we have to live with.

Old 03-19-2009, 02:17 PM

6,196 posts, read 5,445,398 times
Well Ladies I just spent afew hours sorting and copying recipes, trying to organize them. You know take them off knapkins, scrap paper, ect and put on index cards. Now what to do with them? Thought I would divide them up into 3-4 catagories and put the cards in photo albums, what do you think? Help I need ideas here!!! Want to put in alpha order but then if I add new to them oh geeze I dont know. I am having a brain fart I guess. Had to take a pill for the back and it is making my thoughts scramble....

Old 03-19-2009, 05:44 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,374,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
Well Ladies I just spent afew hours sorting and copying recipes, trying to organize them. You know take them off knapkins, scrap paper, ect and put on index cards. Now what to do with them? Thought I would divide them up into 3-4 catagories and put the cards in photo albums, what do you think? Help I need ideas here!!! Want to put in alpha order but then if I add new to them oh geeze I dont know. I am having a brain fart I guess. Had to take a pill for the back and it is making my thoughts scramble....
How funny that you mentioned this. I just bought a binder, those clear sleeves that you can slide paper in and I am going to organize my recipes in that. That way if I want to move recipes around, I can just pop open the rings and remove the sleeve with the recipe in it as opposed to moving cards in a photo album--a bit easier. I meant to do this while I was off...but I'm a procrastinator! I might work on it this week-end. I also bought pages with tabs so I can organize according to dips, salads, deserts, etc...

Old 03-19-2009, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Oh Lorrie-too funny.

Today seems better for him-it's just something we have to live with.
Lacey...I just noticed something about you! You should be a moderator with all your gold stars!!

Old 03-19-2009, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorriem View Post
Hubby went down to Conn this morning and was supposed to be leaving his acc't call about 12. It is a 4 hr drive and he is beat from the last two days driving to Mass and northern Conn. I hadn't heard from him by 1:30 so I stared to worry and called his cell no ans. I e mailed his I pod and no response. By a little bit before 2 he called and he said the whole management team took him out to lunch including the Pres. The one thing he didn't want to do. He just wanted to get the 4 hr trip overwith. I told him I was worried because if anything happened to him no one would know where i was. Anyway he is on hs way back to the motel rm and should be hear by 6.
I told him I was counting his ins money.lol
So that was my exciting day so far.
Nothing like stressing you out a bit, huh?!?!

Old 03-19-2009, 08:57 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,275,534 times
Gosh Lorrie you need to let someone know where you are! I always say that to carl, at least you have insurance, lol.

Old 03-19-2009, 09:00 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,275,534 times
Oh Texas, I have a program thatis cool..It's called cookin...its not real expensive, actually my mom has it and I copied her discs, lol..but you can use their recipes, tons come out all the time, its all on the computer, not online but from discs or downloads..anyway i can add my own recipes, and it gives you the nutritional values of the things YOU put in, also makes a grocery list. And you can print out the
recipes on recipe cards you get from them..3x5 or 4x6. I love it.
Recipe Software | Cook'n is the #1 Recipe Software check it out..I love it..

Old 03-19-2009, 09:01 PM

2,791 posts, read 10,811,002 times
I have my recipes in a binder with dividers also. It's easy to pull a page out rather than use a book.
Lorrie, my husband never has his phone on......geez!

Old 03-19-2009, 09:09 PM

2,791 posts, read 10,811,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post
Brookdale--She is from REMAX of Central Jersey-- I will tell you her name on PM lol...In case she does a search for her own name----lol..
SHe is still trying to tell me it is on zillow now and shows my house lol..I do a search for my exact address --get 2 one with a diff. city attached....and then 1 with my address and some pic of the wrong street! and no photos---- she must be smoking something!!!wth! *bangs head*..She said....it shouldn't matter---that everyone looks on REALTOR.COM and no one really looks on Zillow!!
I need to let a lobster loose soon.....
I've met some real winners. After my closing, my agent told me a lot of buyers made the same comment about my house. Loved it, but wanted vinyl siding. she never told me while it was on the market. I would have countered with an allowance for siding. btw, my siding was fine, but requires painting every so often. I would have even done the siding myself had I know it was such as issue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate