Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2009, 05:41 PM

2,766 posts, read 5,522,423 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
I'm not 30 either!! I'm knockin' on 50 my dear!! I will be 48 in September! I know--I can hardly believe it myself. Where in the H did the time go??

I am wondering were 48 went to. You young chick.

Old 03-01-2009, 04:35 AM

1,261 posts, read 4,272,606 times
Hammy,
Wow that you threw up hard enough to hurt your back. Sorry you had to go to the hospital.

$50,000?! That's insane.

Dogmom,
I don't blame you for wanting to take a break for awhile. They really put y'all through a lot.

Got the taxes done yesterday, had difficulty getting a college football helmet off my 11-year-old son's big head, put up with Flirty Waiter again, dealt with cold blowing rain, stayed up late with my kids watching TV, made my kids laugh.

Details at my blog.

I hope everyone is doing well, in spite of no showings and/or offers. It's still hard to believe we were on the market for a year and didn't get a single offer, even with the price-droppings and compliments. :-\

Old 03-01-2009, 05:00 AM

5,273 posts, read 7,349,145 times
We went to NY yesterday all day..Got a call from realtor after we left the house saying that an agent called and wanted to her clients to see our house within 5 minutes.. She said that was too soon but within an hr. but she would have to call us first. Agent said they wanted to then see it within a THREE hour time frame!

Since weve only had a handful of showings in the past 7 mo. Not one offer or even lowball or second showing...I said, f--it. I am not keeping the house PERFECT every single day...We never get showings on weekends..of course we are out of town and then get a call.

After not getting feedback from anyone the past several times and getting out of my house within 20 min..most of the time...I said forget it...
Anyway-----long story short-called the realtor said no, the house is a mess and I have personal effect lying around *bills,credit cards,etc!*I ;eft a ball of laundry out too--we have a laundry room but it sat in the hallway..we had to run out the door so fast! I said, tomrrow would be great....anytime...She calls agent back and then calls me. Says no, only today. I am like wth! I said why can't they come tomorrow or even during the week --anyday!--she said, oh well, they live out of town and really want to see it.. Yea out of town probably equates to a 20 mile drive.
Now hmm. We looked out of town and had a number of homes all set and ready to see...she told them that any other day was fine. Realtor said no. So we said no back lol.. I am tired of these people who won't bend a little then never even hearing anything like simple feedback from their agents..
Sorry had to vent. If they REALLY were dying to see the house they would have come back a different day.They wouldn't budge. I don't even care anymore.Wasn't meant to be! I am always very accomodating and am out or already out and buyers can come right in....but yesterday we couldn't do it. I cannot live my life around "Maybe" someone coming to see it. I would be cutting out paper dolls with soft scissors !

Last edited by njsocks; 03-01-2009 at 05:10 AM..

Old 03-01-2009, 05:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niki View Post
Hammy,
Wow that you threw up hard enough to hurt your back. Sorry you had to go to the hospital.

$50,000?! That's insane.

Dogmom,
I don't blame you for wanting to take a break for awhile. They really put y'all through a lot.

Got the taxes done yesterday, had difficulty getting a college football helmet off my 11-year-old son's big head, put up with Flirty Waiter again, dealt with cold blowing rain, stayed up late with my kids watching TV, made my kids laugh.

Details at my blog.

I hope everyone is doing well, in spite of no showings and/or offers. It's still hard to believe we were on the market for a year and didn't get a single offer, even with the price-droppings and compliments. :-\
Niki! Ugh. I feel for you girl. It stinks, doesn't it??

Lacey- you too! not one offer in 10 months?

Old 03-01-2009, 05:29 AM

2,505 posts, read 6,150,125 times
NJ - good for you. We sellers need to have some boundaries and self-respect, or else some of these people will run us ragged. Doesn't it seem that the ones who have to see the house with five minutes' notice are the same ones you never get feedback from. It's hard, because you might lose a potential sale, but if it's meant to be, it'll happen. Being a seller is so stressful. I'm not looking forward to being back on the market. We were listed at $379,000, 14 showings, good feedback, and not a single offer. We will probably drop to $350,000. That hurts! If we still can't sell and have to reduce further, they can look at our house with pet hair, dust, personal pictures hanging on the wall, my preference of paint color, poop in every toilet and dirty clothes on the floor for all I care...just kidding. Just a seller's frustration speaking.

Old 03-01-2009, 06:44 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,445,732 times
Morning all, Hadn't realized that the few of us still selling hadn't had a showing in so long. Guess misery does love company here. NJsocks, those people would of been the nitemare from heck if they couldn't even bend on the showing and they didn't want to see it to badly if they couldn't go elsewhere for awhile and come back. Wonder if this will be the new trend to find out who is desperate? Have you noticed that the threads here on RE are getting less and less posts?

Old 03-01-2009, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tambre View Post
NJ - good for you. We sellers need to have some boundaries and self-respect, or else some of these people will run us ragged. Doesn't it seem that the ones who have to see the house with five minutes' notice are the same ones you never get feedback from. It's hard, because you might lose a potential sale, but if it's meant to be, it'll happen. Being a seller is so stressful. I'm not looking forward to being back on the market. We were listed at $379,000, 14 showings, good feedback, and not a single offer. We will probably drop to $350,000. That hurts! If we still can't sell and have to reduce further, they can look at our house with pet hair, dust, personal pictures hanging on the wall, my preference of paint color, poop in every toilet and dirty clothes on the floor for all I care...just kidding. Just a seller's frustration speaking.
Tambre! A big Thank you! You definitely made me feel better. I have had a few of those and don't hold any stock in it when they never leave feedback like you said....that stinks too, even hearing good feedback, you still have no offers....I have no family pics around the house for 7 months now --nothing like a cold, sterile environment!lol @ the poop! My main concern was leaving personal effects out which made me nervous! You hit the nail on the head....we need boundaries and self-respect.

Quote:
Morning all, Hadn't realized that the few of us still selling hadn't had a showing in so long. Guess misery does love company here. NJsocks, those people would of been the nitemare from heck if they couldn't even bend on the showing and they didn't want to see it to badly if they couldn't go elsewhere for awhile and come back. Wonder if this will be the new trend to find out who is desperate? Have you noticed that the threads here on RE are getting less and less posts?
Exactly Painter! I remember when we wanted to see someone's house so badly but they weren't available *which is fine, we are all human and cannot be ready at the drop of a hat which buyers think we can and should be 365 days a year. You are right. I can smell that nightmare waiting to happen miles away!

Old 03-01-2009, 07:03 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,445,732 times
We, well I, use to get all ready for the weekend thinking this is it, gotta clean, gotta do this and that. Then Mondays I would wait to hear if anyone called on the weekend and now it just doesnt matter. I am tired of the roller coaster and want to get off! Our area is moving into the top sales months historically, so I will drop the price again if nothing happens in the next couple of weeks. To the point now I want to be done and I have got to relocate before summer is over so....

Old 03-01-2009, 07:57 AM

8,545 posts, read 10,276,191 times
Morning campers, well the shower was wonderful..she got some great gifts, seemed to love the cookbook I put together, I did take pictures..got some very nice things..our son got the one thing he wanted, a Keurig one cup coffe maker..he was happy. Otherwise he couldnt have cared less about vases, wine glasses, towels. But food was wonderful, her mom and cousin put on a wonderful party..the decor was awesome. We did not get back here to the hotel until 9 last night. My girlfriend flew up here from SoCal yesterday morning, got here at 8 am so she had a long day..I am still tired but DogPaw is having dreams and kicking me so I just got up before I got injured, lol. And I needed an exedrin and coffee...I still hear two sleepyheads sleeping..we got a room with 2 queen beds so no they are not snoring together lol.

We told our agent no on that house, everything about it seems wrong now. Plan B. whatever that is. I might fly down to SoCal and look at some homes out in the desert in the same dev as my folks. I miss my mom, and we can get a lot for our R.E. dollar there, brand new 1800 sq foot new builder spec home with all the upgrades for under 190,000...we'll see..
ok my friend is up and I Need to check her in online on her flight..later

Old 03-01-2009, 09:31 AM

2,766 posts, read 5,522,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post
We went to NY yesterday all day..Got a call from realtor after we left the house saying that an agent called and wanted to her clients to see our house within 5 minutes.. She said that was too soon but within an hr. but she would have to call us first. Agent said they wanted to then see it within a THREE hour time frame!

Since weve only had a handful of showings in the past 7 mo. Not one offer or even lowball or second showing...I said, f--it. I am not keeping the house PERFECT every single day...We never get showings on weekends..of course we are out of town and then get a call.

After not getting feedback from anyone the past several times and getting out of my house within 20 min..most of the time...I said forget it...
Anyway-----long story short-called the realtor said no, the house is a mess and I have personal effect lying around *bills,credit cards,etc!*I ;eft a ball of laundry out too--we have a laundry room but it sat in the hallway..we had to run out the door so fast! I said, tomrrow would be great....anytime...She calls agent back and then calls me. Says no, only today. I am like wth! I said why can't they come tomorrow or even during the week --anyday!--she said, oh well, they live out of town and really want to see it.. Yea out of town probably equates to a 20 mile drive.
Now hmm. We looked out of town and had a number of homes all set and ready to see...she told them that any other day was fine. Realtor said no. So we said no back lol.. I am tired of these people who won't bend a little then never even hearing anything like simple feedback from their agents..
Sorry had to vent. If they REALLY were dying to see the house they would have come back a different day.They wouldn't budge. I don't even care anymore.Wasn't meant to be! I am always very accomodating and am out or already out and buyers can come right in....but yesterday we couldn't do it. I cannot live my life around "Maybe" someone coming to see it. I would be cutting out paper dolls with soft scissors !

If I was your realtor I would have gone to your houes and put stuff away and put tour laundrey back in the machine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate