Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-14-2009, 05:43 AM

8,545 posts, read 10,274,687 times

Advertisements

Happy Birthday Lorrie!!!

Old 02-14-2009, 05:46 AM

Happy Valentine's Day Campers!

Old 02-14-2009, 07:37 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,444,949 times
HAPPY VALENTINES DAY EVERYONE!!!

and a BIG HAPPY BIRTHDAY LORRIE! your hubby owes you alot of roses today, have fun!!

Not going to be anything going on here today, the rain has set in and will be here for the next 4 days. My babies are confined to the house/barn, the field is standing water and the drive is 6" deep. It is a mess out there.......so wanted to go into Pcola today.

Old 02-14-2009, 07:50 AM

NJ, are you out there, I have been thinking about you...Hope you and Hubby are ok..

Old 02-14-2009, 08:08 AM

3,320 posts, read 5,596,187 times
Wink Happy B-day wishes for you Lorrie...

and Happy V-day to all

Old 02-14-2009, 08:27 AM

3,320 posts, read 5,596,187 times
Default Arrgg

I didn't like how my last post turned out, so I was trying to fix it and somehow it got deleted

Lovely graphics guys! Anyone have any special plans for today? Think we will just be spontaneous and see what happens!

Crazyma, that was a nice couch and color you posted a pix of...your daughter lucked out. I have never found deals like that at our thrift stores and in pristine condition? I don't know something about wondering where it came from gets me. I think you would have to get first pickings around here when they pick up at the wealthier folks homes Speaking of pick-ups we have a pick-up scheduled from Salvation Army today for some old stuff. I have however enjoyed and had fun finding little treasures at antique stores.

Dogmom, leather is great for dogs like others have said, I have 2 leather couches now that we will put in our basement and they have held up well, but then I have small dogs. Our late Golden ruined an old fabric couch we had as his hair got inbedded in the bottom of it when he would lay against it.

Lacey that was funny about putting your grands magnets back up on the fridge...you go!

Judy, still sending prayers your way and NJ that is very sad about the plane crash ...thoughts are with you!

Take care everyone!

Last edited by gold*dust1; 02-14-2009 at 08:39 AM..

Old 02-14-2009, 11:06 AM

2,364 posts, read 4,873,251 times
Just a quick pop-in.

Lorrie.........Happy Birthday!
Dogmom..........Hope you are feeling better soon!
Crazyma.........I PM'ed you.
Everybody.....Happy Valentine's Day!
Texas.......Hope your surgery goes well and you feel better soon.
To everybody I missed.......{{{Hugs}}}

I've been pretty much in a super deep funk for awhile, which is why I haven't posted. I'm too much of a downer to subject you guys to it. Absolutely nothing on the house, and with the change in the "stimulus" I don't see that changing. In our area, our house is an "upgrade" house and not for for first timers. At least DD will be able to take advantage since she hasn't signed yet for hers. I can't wait until she gets it and moves in because then she wants me to come up for a week or so to help her decorate. I really miss her.

Of course being by myself on Valentine's Day doesn't help. I was kind of hoping that maybe DH would surprise me by coming down, but financially things have just really gotten too tight for him to spend the money on gas since the only thing he has to drive is our diesel pickup truck. He did send me a bouquet of flowers and a card, but I'll just have to watch chick flicks and eat popcorn today, I guess. I do really miss him as well.

Haven't even had a bite on a job, either. Which of course isn't helping the financial situation. I'm going to try and apply for a pharm tech position at the new Walgreen's opening across the road, but it's still being built so not even sure when it opens. I am actually a bit ambiguous about getting a job right now because of wanting to go and spend with time with DD and also since she will be walking for her master's the end of May from Cornell, I want to be able to go to that as well. So maybe a job isn't the best thing right at this time......kind of ironic, though isn't it.

Back to hiding for me. I haven't gotten lunch yet and my tummy is letting me know about it. I have gotten involved with the community scrapbooking/cardmaking club and they roped me into making the first presentation to the club since I have taught both scrapbooking and rubber stamping. Maybe that will motivate me to get back to my scrapbooking! I am so behind it is ridiculous. Everybody take care and be safe!!

Old 02-14-2009, 11:07 AM

2,766 posts, read 5,521,537 times
Default Thankyou

Thank you all for the birthday wishes. Gee another year has gone by so very fast. I wish I was a kid again the years always seemed so much slower.

A great big Happy Valentines day to everyone

Old 02-14-2009, 11:26 AM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,373,524 times
LORRIE!!!

Old 02-14-2009, 11:32 AM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,373,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rothbear View Post
Just a quick pop-in.

Lorrie.........Happy Birthday!
Dogmom..........Hope you are feeling better soon!
Crazyma.........I PM'ed you.
Everybody.....Happy Valentine's Day!
Texas.......Hope your surgery goes well and you feel better soon.
To everybody I missed.......{{{Hugs}}}

I've been pretty much in a super deep funk for awhile, which is why I haven't posted. I'm too much of a downer to subject you guys to it. Absolutely nothing on the house, and with the change in the "stimulus" I don't see that changing. In our area, our house is an "upgrade" house and not for for first timers. At least DD will be able to take advantage since she hasn't signed yet for hers. I can't wait until she gets it and moves in because then she wants me to come up for a week or so to help her decorate. I really miss her.

Of course being by myself on Valentine's Day doesn't help. I was kind of hoping that maybe DH would surprise me by coming down, but financially things have just really gotten too tight for him to spend the money on gas since the only thing he has to drive is our diesel pickup truck. He did send me a bouquet of flowers and a card, but I'll just have to watch chick flicks and eat popcorn today, I guess. I do really miss him as well.

Haven't even had a bite on a job, either. Which of course isn't helping the financial situation. I'm going to try and apply for a pharm tech position at the new Walgreen's opening across the road, but it's still being built so not even sure when it opens. I am actually a bit ambiguous about getting a job right now because of wanting to go and spend with time with DD and also since she will be walking for her master's the end of May from Cornell, I want to be able to go to that as well. So maybe a job isn't the best thing right at this time......kind of ironic, though isn't it.

Back to hiding for me. I haven't gotten lunch yet and my tummy is letting me know about it. I have gotten involved with the community scrapbooking/cardmaking club and they roped me into making the first presentation to the club since I have taught both scrapbooking and rubber stamping. Maybe that will motivate me to get back to my scrapbooking! I am so behind it is ridiculous. Everybody take care and be safe!!
Thanks Roth--Not looking forward to the surgery, but if it makes the pain go away then I'm all for it.

I'm still hoping the housing market turns around soon. Maybe if you got a part time job that would allow you to take off to visit your daughter and see her graduate with her masters..

That's great about the scrapbooking club.

My favorite chick flick is Serendipity! Love that movie! Oh and Sleepless In Seattle too!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate