Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-17-2009, 09:46 AM

3,191 posts, read 9,191,426 times

Advertisements

Good morning Campers! Wow you regular guys have been busy while I was AWOL...needed some down time.

Tex! girlfriend, no doubt you have a bunch of folks thinking and praying for you. You will certainly be lifted up to the big man upstairs, for comfort, peace and faith during this stressful time, and that everything will work according to His will. Hugs to you dear camper. Don't worry about your house right now. One day at a time....
(IMHO This is one of those times if you should decide to keep your house on the market, and then you MUST stay home and not leave for a showing, then WELL the buyers would just have to deal with it A tactful agent could very well explain the circumstances and I venture to guess a sympathetic buyer would understand) if they don't , bite'em.
You hang in there TEX.

Oh I see you all putting in orders for cowboys and such LOL- well the men of CD are certainly missing out by not hiking into camp!! Forget e-harmony and such- let CRAZY camp hook you up!! Speaking of mens- I wonder if Mr. B & G (aka joemerchant) ever came back from assignment in the great white north?? You out there Joe?

So nice to see all of y'all coming down to talk by the ole campfire!
2-4-6-8-
git on up
and come on down
hurry hurry don't be late
Crazy camp is really great!

YAY go campers! Come on buyers! You can do it sellers! go agents, get those offers!

Old 01-17-2009, 10:01 AM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,383,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyma View Post
Good morning Campers! Wow you regular guys have been busy while I was AWOL...needed some down time.

Tex! girlfriend, no doubt you have a bunch of folks thinking and praying for you. You will certainly be lifted up to the big man upstairs, for comfort, peace and faith during this stressful time, and that everything will work according to His will. Hugs to you dear camper. Don't worry about your house right now. One day at a time....
(IMHO This is one of those times if you should decide to keep your house on the market, and then you MUST stay home and not leave for a showing, then WELL the buyers would just have to deal with it A tactful agent could very well explain the circumstances and I venture to guess a sympathetic buyer would understand) if they don't , bite'em.
You hang in there TEX.

Oh I see you all putting in orders for cowboys and such LOL- well the men of CD are certainly missing out by not hiking into camp!! Forget e-harmony and such- let CRAZY camp hook you up!! Speaking of mens- I wonder if Mr. B & G (aka joemerchant) ever came back from assignment in the great white north?? You out there Joe?
Exactly---plenty of single great women on here! Who needs match.com or E-harmony!

I will probably take the house off the market for now and then put it back on 6-8 weeks after surgery. That way, if I get an offer right away (wishful thinking!) I can drag it out for 1-2 weeks with counters or just contemplating offer. By the time closing came, it would be near the end of my recovery phase and I could move.

I'm thinking...since I am going to be off anyways....NOW would be the time to get a puppy!! I would have all the time at home to train him/her!

Old 01-17-2009, 11:18 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,449,644 times
Luv puppies, BUUUTTTTTTT if you are recouping from the back surgery just how do you plan on "pickin" up after a pup????? Dont want to burst a bubble here but it will be difficult to bend and stoop and chase a fur baby around the house. My grown boy left me a gift, so cold didn't stay out long enough last night the little or should say big pooper!

Old 01-17-2009, 01:16 PM

7,726 posts, read 1,890,461 times
[quote=the painter;7038395]Hey there Judy! Stress never leaves my mind! I catch my self doing some pretty dumb things, get to thinking about something else and forget what I am doing all to often. how are you this fine cold day?[/quote

It is about 80 here today and I just went and cut some roses to put in the house. I don't know if you do this much but I am often going into a room and thinking what did I come in here to get lol!!! I would like to blame it on stress but I think my age has more to do with it!!!
Well the guy just left that wanted to see our house and he and his partner said they loved it. We will now wait and see how much lol!!!

Old 01-17-2009, 01:48 PM

6,196 posts, read 5,449,644 times
Oh Judy I so hope they LOVE it about 370k times all others! Hope too that they get back to you really quick so you dont have to wait and wait on them. That is the worse part for me, I hate waiting on anything.
It is finally in the 50s here today. I took the last of my roses in about a week ago and cut everything back. my gardens looks so barren now, good thing I did thought with the teens last night. My one tropical plant, 7 foot tall, is laying on the ground today. Looks just so dang sad.
I just wander around this big house not knowing where I am going or for why, lol! Hate to say it is my age, rather just say I am confused abit for just a minute.

Old 01-17-2009, 02:13 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,191,426 times
Tex, I was thinking the same thing painter was....I love the pups too, but would it be difficult to see after one while you are recovering IF you get surgery??

Oh JUDY a billion zaillion wishes going up that they LOVE the place enough to throw out an offer!!! And oh my how envious of the weather there. I know that is one thing DD misses, the great weather in S.D.

That forgetting thnag? You know it is bad when you go in the bathroom and can't remember why you went in there the first place LOL

I need to go to Michaels, maybe in a while... seems several of the canvases I got are warped. Not so bad with the small ones, but the big ones are hopeless. Ugh I hate I didn't think to check them firstoff. At least I saved the receipt. I need machine needles too I hope they have some...

y'all be happy and safe!

Old 01-17-2009, 02:22 PM

4,391 posts, read 9,494,358 times
Judy P - good luck, maybe these are the buyers, fingers crossed for you!

Texasgirl- thoughts and prayers are with you

crazyma - you are so ambitious, I wish I had your energy. I am just sitting here being lazy and reading my Ann Rule book. Worked a long week and have no desire to do anything.

My dh asked me if we have heard from our agent, loan person, or anyone and aren't we suppose to be doing something to get ready to close in 11 days. I called both of them, no one calls me back...heck I don't know. I know an appraisal was done on Thursday, but I haven't heard anything.

Old 01-17-2009, 02:28 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,871,985 times
Oh Judy-even my eyes are crossed.

Old 01-17-2009, 02:30 PM
HDL

3,216 posts, read 6,793,212 times
Smile Prayers that an acceptable offer is forthcoming Judy!!!

Maybe Obama will say something in his speech on Tuesday that will get BUYERS to want to get off their duffs and BUY !!! What if he said "No interest for the first 2 yrs for all purchases between now and June 2009 !!!" Maybe then we'd get some takers ?!

Old 01-17-2009, 02:51 PM

2,766 posts, read 5,525,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
Exactly---plenty of single great women on here! Who needs match.com or E-harmony!

I will probably take the house off the market for now and then put it back on 6-8 weeks after surgery. That way, if I get an offer right away (wishful thinking!) I can drag it out for 1-2 weeks with counters or just contemplating offer. By the time closing came, it would be near the end of my recovery phase and I could move.

I'm thinking...since I am going to be off anyways....NOW would be the time to get a puppy!! I would have all the time at home to train him/her!

You know me and puppies and dogs I would go for it but Texas they get into everything. I am so wrong telling you what to do because I really would go for it but I just having been through almost the worse you got to make sure you can pick up the poop go out every 10 min with the new pup just so it gets the hang of where she should go. Maybe your neighbor could help you?
You are right it would be the best time to get a puppy since you will be at home but will you be able to without hurting yourself take care of the pup. You are #1 so you come first. You are the only one who knows if you can do it.
Prayers to you and your health.

Can't help myself.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate