Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-09-2009, 02:01 PM

6,196 posts, read 5,443,698 times

Advertisements

Maybe we should all go crash down there for our get together? What is the local favorite drink???? You know no more than I see my kids it probably wouldn't make a difference, lol......

Old 05-09-2009, 02:07 PM

2,766 posts, read 5,520,271 times
Default All is well

Thank goodness no signs of cancer. Blood work and scans A OK such a relief.Another 6 mos reprieve. Thank you all for your prayers they worked. I was so worried this being his 4 year mark and the ONC said Gary is so lucky that he has gotten through 4 years with no little things (beside the blood clots) Popping up. We have to also be thankful that our ONC even though the surgeon got it all said do the chemo also it couldn't hurt and our surgeon agreed.
Long day yesterday got back to the motel after the doctors and finished packing and got on the road about 11.30. It took is almost 11 hrs to get home and that has been the longest it has ever taken. Picked up our furbabies the morning and Just got on the computer. I had to let all of you know the great news. I got on last night but it was so late i shut the putter down. I was cross eyed.
Thank you again for all your prayers you are all so dear to me.
Lorrie

Old 05-09-2009, 02:09 PM

1,261 posts, read 4,270,933 times
Joy,
Welcome! Enjoyed reading your story. Do you have a blog? I like reading ex-pat blogs and have some in my blog roll. One is written by a lady in Costa Rica. She and her family moved there from Texas. Others are in Ireland, Egypt, New Zealand.

Well, y'all, dh left for Texas early this morning. Being a night owl, I tried to stay up so that I could see him before he left, but I couldn't stay awake and went on to bed. I then hoped that I would wake up when he did, but I didn't. :-/

I hope he won't be gone very long. He thinks he could be gone for a month. But you really never know with his job. As y'all might remember, he was gone for three months last time.

We went out for an early Mother's Day dinner last night. (I hate that he won't be here for Mother's Day. He also missed my birthday, our daughter's birthday, our anniversary, Valentine's Day, his birthday, and Easter.) I wanted Mexican food, so we went to my favorite Mexican restaurant and then did a little shopping. I got three books.

Anyway, I hope y'all are doing well.

Old 05-09-2009, 02:17 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,272,408 times
Lorrie! Woot! Wonderful news, yay..prayer does help...glad you had a safe trip home and have the furbabies back home too...now relax and get your mojo back!

Old 05-09-2009, 02:23 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,182,160 times
Welcome home Lorrie and praise for the good news Bless you and hubby. Know furbabies are glad to see the 'rents LOL

Niki-wow you must really have the patience of a saint to be 'full' time parent...and your hubby goes the extra length, being gone from family , to provide for y'all. Hey make it count when he is home

uh oh Joy yo umight have to 'host' a crazy get together !! LOL wow wouldn' t that be cool if we could pull that stunt off!! Maybe I could work in some dental work HA

speaking of, I really need to get a passport, the old one from going to Rio is long expired.

Old 05-09-2009, 02:33 PM

Barb and Sara
God must be sick of hearing all my prayers but he listens and "thy will be done" So far he has given us 4 more years together more then we were told by our first surgeon who said Gary might be wise to go home and get things in order. That is when I told Gary no way are we seeing him again. We need a network of doctors starting with the ONC who found us a great surgeon.That man was sent to us from God I am sure and used me to convey that message to Gary who helped us to find the best surgeon.

Old 05-09-2009, 02:38 PM

Welcome Joy

Lorrie

Old 05-09-2009, 02:46 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,370,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
Maybe we should all go crash down there for our get together? What is the local favorite drink???? You know no more than I see my kids it probably wouldn't make a difference, lol......
Great idea!!!

Old 05-09-2009, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorriem View Post
Thank goodness no signs of cancer. Blood work and scans A OK such a relief.Another 6 mos reprieve. Thank you all for your prayers they worked. I was so worried this being his 4 year mark and the ONC said Gary is so lucky that he has gotten through 4 years with no little things (beside the blood clots) Popping up. We have to also be thankful that our ONC even though the surgeon got it all said do the chemo also it couldn't hurt and our surgeon agreed.
Long day yesterday got back to the motel after the doctors and finished packing and got on the road about 11.30. It took is almost 11 hrs to get home and that has been the longest it has ever taken. Picked up our furbabies the morning and Just got on the computer. I had to let all of you know the great news. I got on last night but it was so late i shut the putter down. I was cross eyed.
Thank you again for all your prayers you are all so dear to me.
Lorrie
WOO HOO!! That is AWESOME!!!

Old 05-09-2009, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorriem View Post
Barb and Sara
God must be sick of hearing all my prayers but he listens and "thy will be done" So far he has given us 4 more years together more then we were told by our first surgeon who said Gary might be wise to go home and get things in order. That is when I told Gary no way are we seeing him again. We need a network of doctors starting with the ONC who found us a great surgeon.That man was sent to us from God I am sure and used me to convey that message to Gary who helped us to find the best surgeon.
Prayer is powerful and God reveals himself to us everyday in many ways! I'm sure you finding your surgeon and ONC was God's way of revealing himself!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate