Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2009, 08:40 PM

2,766 posts, read 5,523,987 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
Dogmom, With all the b.s. of stress, it is no wonder you would feel weepy. Now with it all coming down to the wire, all the stress, happiness, excitement, worry, and what ifs, well it is a roller coaster slowly coming to a halt. You know it doesnt matter what one is dealing with, once it is over there is a serious let down, kinda like coming off a suger/caffiene high. Once you are settled in your new home you will see things in a new light. I faced alot of crap when I moved here and always said that once I heard laughter in my house it would be a home for me. Just remember you have the hard part behind you and the long road is now coming to an end.

Okay gals, dinner tonight was corn on the cob and a small baked potatoe! I am shooting for 2 lbs a week, I know wishful thinking..........it is a goal though.

Painter the slower you lose the weight you are more likely to keep it off. When I was 40 I hit an all time high of 140. After so many quick diets I said go slow Lorrie. It is hard to do it that way since you cannot see the results fast but once you are down to your goal and your body is use to the new weight loss you know it was worth the wait.It took me 2 years but it was worth it.

Old 05-24-2009, 08:47 PM

6,196 posts, read 5,447,561 times
Lorriem, The yr before moving here I dropped exactly 50lbs in a year, I have gained 30 of it back in the past 3 yrs. I got way to to skinny with the 50 though but would like to drop 10-15 now, rather be to skinny than to big, lol. Not wanting to be a size 5 again for sure, unless I could lose some of the top this time!

Old 05-25-2009, 04:55 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,865,204 times
Morning all.

Barb do you take Meclazine for the vertigo? Maybe stress and nerves have set it off. The end is near and as Tex said the time will fly.

Painter low and slow-I've done 60 in a year and have not "dieted" otherwise I would've failed. I gained that all since moving here and ate like crazy out of depression. Finally I grabbed hold of myself and said "WTH are you doing and where has it gotten you?" It's now a way of life for me.

Tambre hope you hear today.

Old 05-25-2009, 05:17 AM

8,545 posts, read 10,279,114 times
Hi Lacey..taking a benadryl before bed I thought I would sleep...nope. I have some hives i think...the hurt more than itch...on my back and under one arm...i thought maybe they were bug bites but dogpaw looked at them and said they look like hives..so I don't know whats going on.

I used to have some antivert/meclizine, I have a well woman appt next week, and will get a scrip..if it happens again before then I will give the dr a call and see if they can call me in some I guess..I like having it around.

What happened to me a couple years ago was vertigo, especially if I turned my head one way, I can't remember which, think it was to the left..so I went to a balance center in St. George, had work up and all kinds of tests, where they had to MAKE me dizzy. What is was were, well, rocks in my head! I guess there are filaments and stuff way inside the ear and sometimes they get knocked looks and float around and that is enough to make you go loopy. They really did some adjustments with my head but said it could come back..so maybe that is it. Once we get down south, I can make an appt at that clinic again and go stay with friends for a few days while they treat it..St. George is about a 6 hour drive from Palm Springs area.

So that's what happened before, but now with the itching, maybe it's just MENTAL. Errr...will see, actually I think tomorrow I will call the dr and see if they can call me in a few antivert pills just to have..

Well now I am rambling and itching...ok over and out for now...

Old 05-25-2009, 06:04 AM

Barb-Mr. L had vertigo for quite awhile and it's awful. The meclazine is OTC now.

Hives could be from nerves-you've had the year from hell but it's almost over and you'll be in your new beautiful home before you know it.

Heal and fell better.

Old 05-25-2009, 06:31 AM

8,545 posts, read 10,279,114 times
I didnt know it was OTC..I am heading out to get some this morning..Vertigo is the pitts..

Thanks for letting me know..what are you and Mr. L up to today?

Old 05-25-2009, 06:34 AM

Quiet day here Barb-it is so dark and gloomy-even have the freakin heat on-good old MN weather. How about you two?

Old 05-25-2009, 07:35 AM

11,874 posts, read 11,052,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
Hi Lacey..taking a benadryl before bed I thought I would sleep...nope. I have some hives i think...the hurt more than itch...on my back and under one arm...i thought maybe they were bug bites but dogpaw looked at them and said they look like hives..so I don't know whats going on.

I used to have some antivert/meclizine, I have a well woman appt next week, and will get a scrip..if it happens again before then I will give the dr a call and see if they can call me in some I guess..I like having it around.

What happened to me a couple years ago was vertigo, especially if I turned my head one way, I can't remember which, think it was to the left..so I went to a balance center in St. George, had work up and all kinds of tests, where they had to MAKE me dizzy. What is was were, well, rocks in my head! I guess there are filaments and stuff way inside the ear and sometimes they get knocked looks and float around and that is enough to make you go loopy. They really did some adjustments with my head but said it could come back..so maybe that is it. Once we get down south, I can make an appt at that clinic again and go stay with friends for a few days while they treat it..St. George is about a 6 hour drive from Palm Springs area.

So that's what happened before, but now with the itching, maybe it's just MENTAL. Errr...will see, actually I think tomorrow I will call the dr and see if they can call me in a few antivert pills just to have..

Well now I am rambling and itching...ok over and out for now...
Dear God woman - I feel so bad for you on hives i've only had once in my entire life and took tons of benadryl and went away, though took a couple of days and was sleepy all the time. Also try the cream for itching; just blob on the welts. I use a high strength hydrocortison (sp) cream when bugs actually have the nerve to bite me (or some plants that when you rub up against them give off some weird whatever and cause welts).

Is it vertigo or an inner ear infection? When I was in CO I had not just one but 2 inner ear infections - looked like a drunk walking down the hall because it messes with your balance bad especially if it's a double whammy - I was like running into one wall, then would run into the other one; horrible especially when I wasn't drunk and at work to boot. Never go to doctors, but well when ya can't even walk without running into things? Anyway was a double ear infection and once they took care of that good as new. Sometimes we just get bad wax build up (which can cause us to 'think' we're losing our hearing when it's just huge clumps of wax). Gross, but had a friend who went and they sucked out her ears and let's just say after she told me what they sucked out couldn't eat for a day.

Maybe talk about it with the doc when you go in for your woman thing?

So did any of you have problems getting into to CD last night? I was able to stream a movie to help me sleep (so wasn't internet), but when I tried to go to CD loaded so slow I couldn't get to the Camp. Just curious if it was just me or - all I could do was accept friend request (thank you sweet L )then tried to go to Camp and had 2 birthdays just waiting for it to load.

I put off ALL of the bad crap yesterday, rained all day so I said screw it Monday will be here soon enough, and sure enough it's Monday so I'll go to office and deal with the BS. TTFN fellow campers - might be on later this AM ranting! LOL

Old 05-25-2009, 08:08 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,447,561 times
Morning all, Woke up to some strange skies here, haLF my house is under a black cloud and the other is a pretty blue with white clouds. There is rumblin's in the south so we know what is coming. Neighbor went in for blood work and said it poured so hard he pulled over. Looks like MOST of us are in for rain according to the radar.

C21, Not just you, I gave up on cd last night too. It wouldnt get out of reverse, thought it was silly dial up again.

Had a bout of the Vertigo awhile back, on my left side which is the way I sleep. The mess stuck around for about a month and then went away. My dil said it is horizontal vertigo, I laughed at that one, I dont spend much time horizontal.

Dogmom the hives could be from nerves along long time ago I use to break out just in the crook of the arm at the elbow. drs said it was nerves and gave me cream and a pill, skipped the pills and used all the cream in one day.

Lacey, 60 lbs! Wow girl just WOW!!!!

Old 05-25-2009, 09:11 AM

11,874 posts, read 11,052,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post

C21, Not just you, I gave up on cd last night too. It wouldnt get out of reverse, thought it was silly dial up again. Definitely them 'cause I have hi speed internet - again, could stream via wireless just nada on CD

Had a bout of the Vertigo awhile back, on my left side which is the way I sleep. The mess stuck around for about a month and then went away. My dil said it is horizontal vertigo, I laughed at that one, I dont spend much time horizontal. Think we both need to work on that one LOL

Dogmom the hives could be from nerves along long time ago I use to break out just in the crook of the arm at the elbow. drs said it was nerves and gave me cream and a pill, skipped the pills and used all the cream in one day. Mine was from nerves too - thank you Ex#2 except all I needed was massive dosage of benadryl.

Lacey, 60 lbs! Wow girl just WOW!!!!
Lacey, you go girl!!!!! That's just awesome! A trick I learned when pregnant and stupid doctor told me I wasn't gaining enough weight, then when I went back said I was gaining too much and wanted me to go on a diet - high risk preg and go on diet??? Told him to cram it. Anyway, I gained almost 60 pounds (& have a very small frame so looked like one of those massive balloons in the Macey's parade) and just couldn't lose the excess - until someone gave me a tip: Every time I would lose some weight, bought a size smaller jeans so I was uncomfortable (not cut off circulation or anything), but just uncomfortable so then I wouldn't eat so much. The weight I couldn't lose in a year, I lost over a few months.

Now, with machete in hand, I'm off to the office to deal with BS. I love my job, I love my job, I love my job
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate