Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2009, 11:24 AM

12,626 posts, read 32,071,214 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmcknight5 View Post
I updated my listing on zillow.com and added a better pic of the living room. The pic the agent took makes the room look small but in actuality it is twice the size that it looks.
6317 Spaulding St, Omaha, NE 68104 - Zillow

Should I list it on trulia or have my agent do it?
Those pictures are better. You should pass them onto your realtor. I think I would take the recliner out of the room, it looks like it takes up too much space. Also, I'd try to get the window in the pic. Try to stand on a chair or stool (be careful) and kind of look down on the rooms. It gives a better view and makes the room look more spacious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2009, 11:25 AM

1,938 posts, read 7,126,349 times
Yes, the flags look a bit tacky...I agree there. But, man the flyers are being picked up and we are getting lots of attention. Open house will happen next week!

Old 07-17-2009, 11:27 AM

3,295 posts, read 9,189,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmcknight5 View Post
I updated my listing on zillow.com and added a better pic of the living room. The pic the agent took makes the room look small but in actuality it is twice the size that it looks.
6317 Spaulding St, Omaha, NE 68104 - Zillow

Should I list it on trulia or have my agent do it?
Except for the towel hanging on the oven, your kitchen looks 300% better. It would be nice to have a second one tho. Liz

Old 07-17-2009, 11:30 AM

3,928 posts, read 11,603,566 times
IMO, the agent should be marketing your house on Realtor.com using a showcase listing. It appears it's the default MLS feed and I think even that allows up to 10 pics now. I agree with others that your listing definitely needs many more and much better pictures. With the showcase listing, you can have up to 25 pictures and a property description which your listing also doesn't have. If you get the pictures taken and uploaded today, they'll be replicated out for the web lookers this weekend. Where's the visual tour? Do you have a pool? It looks like you do, but couldn't find in in the details. Need to showcase the best features of your house in order to outshine the competition which looks plentiful in your zip code. And your house should be on as many internet websites as possible to get the widest exposure though Realtor.com is still the most utilized, e.g., Zillow, Trulia, Hotpads, GoogleBase, Oodle, Craigslist, YouTube, etc.

Maybe also, you should research finding a tenant provided your debt-to-income ratios will allow it to purchase another home.

Update: I just saw the Zillow listing. Much better pictures. Can you re-take the pictures during the best light of the day and open all the blinds? Please remove anything unnecessary, e.g., kitchen towel hiding the oven and move furniture around if you have to. You have hardwood under the carpet!?!?! This is a plus for many of today's buyers and another selling point for sellers.

Good luck to you and I hope some of this helps!

Last edited by TampaKaren; 07-17-2009 at 11:56 AM.. Reason: more thoughts...

Old 07-17-2009, 11:33 AM

12,626 posts, read 32,071,214 times
Is there anyway to change the bathroom counter/sink and take the cabinet down? They look dated to me and bathrooms and kitchens sell. I hope you don't take these opinions the wrong way either, just trying to help. I think you need a pic of the pool also.

Old 07-17-2009, 11:39 AM

3,320 posts, read 5,596,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernlady5464 View Post
You know, people keep saying to paint the kitchen, but if I were looking at your house, I would overlook the paint unless you hire a pro to paint it. Buyers who can't overlook paint have no vision.

Reasons:
Paint is a cheap fix for the buyer
What YOU pick as a good neutral color may NOT be what the buyer wants to paint the kitchen. THEY may want it teal/green or want to paint it bright red for all you know! So painting it may be a waste of time AND MONEY.

What I would do is make sure the room is as well lit as possible, and as decluttered as possible. And then make sure the photo is straight. Having more than one of the kitchen might even help.

Curb appeal goes a LONG way but sinking money into a house at this point isn't what you need to be doing. Cleaning and decluttering is.

As long as the house is clean of mold and on a solid foundation, the rest is cosmetics. Just make sure to present yourself in the best light possible.

Liz
I agree with you...I would declutter and make that place spotless and try to better showcase the positives. Would I stick "big money" into it? No way!

Those pix on Zillow are better. OP you would be surprised what a wide angled shot can do. Our professionally taken pictures made the ceilings look higher and were taken with the best angle possible in mind.

Old 07-17-2009, 11:39 AM

23 posts, read 41,517 times
I agree- the bathroom counter and medicine cabinet is dated, but it is going to have to do. I have spent enough money doing updates. This is an older neighborhood with houses built in the 50's.

I will make sure he gets a pic of the pool in there too. my agent didnt think it was selling point.

Old 07-17-2009, 11:49 AM

2,718 posts, read 5,359,544 times
I looked at the pictures and everything looks so cramped. I got claustrophobic just looking at the pictures. Can you back off a little with the camera and get more in the shot?

You mentioned in your first post that it is an "average" neighborhood. What exactly do you mean by "average" ?

Old 07-17-2009, 11:51 AM

23 posts, read 41,517 times
I mean it is not a reputable area nor is it considered a "bad" area- it is just an average neighborhood for middle to low class residents.

Old 07-17-2009, 12:05 PM

2,718 posts, read 5,359,544 times
One other thing I am curious about. I think in this thread that a poster mentioned that people are scared to death to buy a home because they are afraid they might lose their job.

On the listing page for this particular home, it says the monthly payment would be $399. What do rents cost in that area? Are they lower than that?

I weep when I see listings like this because where I live, you can't buy a one bedroom, roach infested crackerbox in a bad area for anything close to the price of your home. If it was located where I am, I'd snap it up in a minute.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate