Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-27-2009, 08:36 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,274,687 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
Just checkin' in, the boys are at my feet, the dd took off with the boyfriend and all is quiet here. Got just alittle bit of rain and then the sun tried again to peek out...didn't happen. I moved things around abit here today, gave away about $200 of expensive fake flowers and now things do look alittle bit bare, lol. I am just so tempted to go through some of the packed away stuff and see what I can rotate...tired of the house. I don't do well during winter months if I have to much time and not enough to do.

Oh by the way my ex did not even call his daughter for Christmas...now I know why she is so upset with everyone...he is an azzhole...maybe we should fix him up with your sil Lacey, lol....
Painter, you sound very relaxed. Sometimes it's good to just have a day to do nuttin..I have a lot of those days, not by choice..In my prime I was much better being busy...

Oh that is so sad that your DD did not get a call from her dad..what is his problem? Maybe he has always been that way, how hard is it to pick up a phone and dial the number..Only excuse is if he is incapacited in hospital or prison..otherwise, no excuse. I'm sorry that it ruined her day..nuts.

Old 12-27-2009, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
Thanks!! I am going to post pics on FB too, but don't say anything about Bella being a terror because my sister reads ALL my stuff there!!!

Good for you Lace--she doesn't deserve another invite.
Barb, glad you got all your decorations down with Scott's help! How did Carl help him with a sling on?!?!? He better be listening to dr's orders--nothing heavier than a soup can!!
Hi Shel..glad you are back..Carl is behaving very well...this surgery took it out of him and I know there there is NO WAY he is going through this again..Scott got the ones down off the house, and Carl helped him with the ones on the ground and in the bushes..the tree will come down tomorrow morning while Scott is here..its too heavy for me or Carl to handle..

Lacey, I can't believe your SIL never even called...they didn't even call to wish you and Mr. L. a Merry Christmas. Curses! LOL..no, no more invites, that is just rude.

Well need to get a bite to eat...not sure what I'm hungry for, lots of leftovers..later, campers..

Old 12-28-2009, 03:10 AM

1,261 posts, read 4,272,002 times
I'm doing okay. Thanks for asking. Still hanging in here. I didn't want to bring the group down with any tales of woe. lol

DH is still gone and rarely comes around to see the kids. Even when he's staying in his camper 30 minutes away. Not counting Christmas, we've seen him three times since Labor Day. Each time for only a couple hours. He was here for about three hours on Christmas. :-/

When DH is around, he can't seem to bring himself to look at me. I'm not sure why. Shame? He does hug me back when I hug him though and he says, "I love you too" when I say, "I love you". Does it mean anything? Does it mean nothing? *shrug*

He gave me money for Christmas. Which really surprised me. It wasn't much ($100), but I wasn't expecting anything, so.... lol

I'm still trusting God to fix things. In whatever way He chooses to fix things.

Dh applied for a job with another company and he says it's a good opportunity, but it would require him going to TX and he doesn't want to go. So he's having a hard time accepting the job. I haven't felt good about the job from the start, but I told him I would pray about it. I also told him that even though I don't want to go to Texas (it would be in or around Lubbock) I would go with him if he decided that he wanted his family back.

The kids had a good Christmas. They loved their gifts. I can't explain to you how much it hurts me to see them so excited to see their daddy. They shouldn't have to miss him that much. My daughter (she's 9) sometimes just starts crying out of the blue because she misses him so much. And both my kids always ask, "When's Daddy coming home?"

I don't understand how he can say he loves them so much, but then he chooses to live somewhere else and he chooses to not see them as much as he could.

Anyway, I don't want to ramble on and bore y'all or bring y'all down. Sorry.

I see that some of y'all got some snow. We did too, on the 18th. About 4-5 inches. A few patches were still around on Christmas day. Very unusual for these parts.

Old 12-28-2009, 03:52 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,853,374 times
Niki-the ones that always get hurt the most are the children and his actions are so unfair to them.

Hang in and do the best you can.

Shell-he is the most adorable dog ever.

Old 12-28-2009, 10:45 AM

1,869 posts, read 4,023,319 times
Hi girls. Niki, glad to see you share your story but im sorry for what you and your kids are going thru. stay strong.
We found out this am we may be denied our mortgage because i am quitting my job. my MIL and FIL gave me hell for giving notice (DH knew better) but i said i had to because i work in a school. that is the fair thing to do so they can replace me. no point saying "i shouldn't have..." or in this case YOU shouldnt have... i am not giving up though

Old 12-28-2009, 12:52 PM

Ok Stoy, that just sucks..now how are you supposed to move across the country and keep your same job..does it not matter that you will be finding work at your new area? And you have quite a bit of down payment dont you. Ok I am saying prayers right now for you because we have been down this road ourselves..we had over half to put down on this place and they still gave us crap. And no, you had to give notice, I also worked at a school site and its what you do. Hang in there, maybe shop around for another lender? the whole thing is stupid, i thought with these bailouts and stimulus crap they wre supposed to be HELPING Mr. and Mrs. Main Street. What a crock and now I am getting pissed all over again at the government. ef fem..

Hang in there honey, vent anytime...I say when you are done with this, and it WILL get done, you need a vacay with us girlz....

Took the tree down, now have all the balls and stuff to put in the boxes, but the tree was so heavy and Scott was here to help. I feel bad, seems like all we have been doing is having him help us... but we can't do it.

Ok getting weepy again. Life not fair.

Old 12-28-2009, 02:49 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,853,374 times
Stoy was just wondering if you could've gotten away with saying it was a future retirement home and not mentioned about your job? Loan officer's can be creative.

Time to chill-went shopping, got 3 Jones NY sweaters for $61, had lunch, grocery shopped,made salad, fruit salad, prepped dinner and it's ready for the oven-now just waiting for Happy Hour!

Old 12-28-2009, 03:03 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,373,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Niki-the ones that always get hurt the most are the children and his actions are so unfair to them.

Hang in and do the best you can.

Shell-he is the most adorable dog ever.
Thanks Lace!! Puppy kisses from Watson coming your way!!

You are so right--it is the children who get hurt the most in these type situations. It's so unfair what he is doing to them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niki View Post
Dh applied for a job with another company and he says it's a good opportunity, but it would require him going to TX and he doesn't want to go. So he's having a hard time accepting the job. I haven't felt good about the job from the start, but I told him I would pray about it. I also told him that even though I don't want to go to Texas (it would be in or around Lubbock) I would go with him if he decided that he wanted his family back.

The kids had a good Christmas. They loved their gifts. I can't explain to you how much it hurts me to see them so excited to see their daddy. They shouldn't have to miss him that much. My daughter (she's 9) sometimes just starts crying out of the blue because she misses him so much. And both my kids always ask, "When's Daddy coming home?"

I don't understand how he can say he loves them so much, but then he chooses to live somewhere else and he chooses to not see them as much as he could. .
Well, if he didn't want to go to TX, then why did he apply for the job in the first place?
He is LUCKY he has you for a wife, because if I were his wife, I would read him the riot act for treating MY KIDS like that! They are innocent bystanders and he has no reason or business treating his own flesh and blood like that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
Took the tree down, now have all the balls and stuff to put in the boxes, but the tree was so heavy and Scott was here to help. I feel bad, seems like all we have been doing is having him help us... but we can't do it.

Ok getting weepy again. Life not fair.
I am sure Scott doesn't mind helping you and Carl out. Dry those tears! Accept the help and be proud you raised 2 great sons!

Old 12-28-2009, 03:06 PM

Aaahhh Stoy---I will say some prayers for you. How in the heck are you supposed to keep your job and move across country?!?!? Your out-laws need to back off. You did the right thing.

Old 12-28-2009, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Time to chill-went shopping, got 3 Jones NY sweaters for $61, had lunch, grocery shopped,made salad, fruit salad, prepped dinner and it's ready for the oven-now just waiting for Happy Hour!
I love how you have Happy Hour!! I need to start doing that on my nights off! Did I mention that my redneck BIL got me a gallon of Apple Jack for Christmas!?!?! It is apple juice with moonshine!! It doesn't even taste like there is alcohol in it--it is smooth as H and goes down oh so easy!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate