Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2007, 07:45 PM
MB2

3,496 posts, read 9,439,536 times

Advertisements

Simply hate the Armando crew....way to unproffecional, to demeaning, to greasy.....way to far from the actual truth. (If I would work for him, I would hit him with a shovel....ups....lol)
I love the show about the "flipper" I believe his name is Richard (in or around S.C.). I loved the episode when he goes out, buys a forclosed home, while the owners are still in it, makes them go to a hotel, gets the house in shape, and gives them a chance to "buy" the house back.
Now.....I would love to find out, how THAT deal worked out later, and how much the tv show paid towards expenses Rich didn't have to carry. Any way to find out???
I am sure, that couple brought the fleas back into the house again....lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2007, 10:28 AM

26,234 posts, read 49,118,040 times
Default I hate that show, period.

Especially hate the overbearing obnoxious selfish morons who are the flippers on this show (whether real flippers or not).

Really hated the one where the idiot went on vacation with his prissy wife then comes home and browbeats his brother, aka business partner, about the job not being done. What hokey crap! I think that's the one with the million roaches in the kitchen. Just burn the dump. Wife tries to watch it....I ask her to put on the root-canal channel instead.

Truly hate how every show has some stupid 'emergency' and the king bozo then bullies his sub-contractors and anyone else involved. Reminds me of the "Amercian Chopper" show where they always start bickering when the contrived 'emergency' shows up, at which time we change channels... they can go bicker on their own time. Hollywood and it's formulaic approach to TV are totally insipid, of course what can we expect from a business full of drug-addicted losers desperate for ratings....

Only in America can we put on a TV show about sleazy quick-buck artists who cosmetically restore a wrecked property and bilk some sucker into buying it...with a mortgage from a sleazy quick-buck dude conning people into a sub-prime zero-down ARM.

s/Mike

Old 05-18-2007, 05:55 PM

989 posts, read 2,763,695 times
Exclamation I always wondered how Leccima made money

I saw an episode with Sam Leccima, and aside from outright dishonesty and lawbreaking... he claimed to "drive by" a house and check it out, then he entered (he claimed without permission). Miraculously the house was on the market! He then ran his crew into the ground doing a total renovation for $15K and in 2 weeks (the only mathmatical way to get work like that done is to cheat people). I knew that something wasn't right because you just cannot run a business like that!

I personally like to watch people get a place, get in over their head, and lose their shirt. I know I shouldn't, but I get the same sadistic pleasure as when I see the Internet videos of some loser skater try a trick and land on his nuts (hopefully destroying his reproductive capabilities and improving the gene pool).

Old 05-18-2007, 09:47 PM

2,314 posts, read 2,840,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
Especially hate the overbearing obnoxious selfish morons who are the flippers on this show (whether real flippers or not).

Really hated the one where the idiot went on vacation with his prissy wife then comes home and browbeats his brother, aka business partner, about the job not being done. What hokey crap! I think that's the one with the million roaches in the kitchen. Just burn the dump. Wife tries to watch it....I ask her to put on the root-canal channel instead.

Truly hate how every show has some stupid 'emergency' and the king bozo then bullies his sub-contractors and anyone else involved. Reminds me of the "Amercian Chopper" show where they always start bickering when the contrived 'emergency' shows up, at which time we change channels... they can go bicker on their own time. Hollywood and it's formulaic approach to TV are totally insipid, of course what can we expect from a business full of drug-addicted losers desperate for ratings....

Only in America can we put on a TV show about sleazy quick-buck artists who cosmetically restore a wrecked property and bilk some sucker into buying it...with a mortgage from a sleazy quick-buck dude conning people into a sub-prime zero-down ARM.

s/Mike
I agree with you on the sleaxy part. As for the loan Hard moneyu guys are your friend when it comes to needing money and making a quick buck. You pay for quick closing etc. The thing is to get in then out as fast as possible.

Old 05-21-2007, 10:37 AM

5,342 posts, read 14,153,933 times
REALITY TV IS ALL BUNK AND STAGED!! BUNCH OF FAKE MANUFACTURED DRAMA!!

The worst part is my wife LOVES everyone of them.

Old 05-21-2007, 08:00 PM

Location: Sometimes Maryland, sometimes NoVA. Depends on the day of the week
1,501 posts, read 11,759,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evlevo View Post
I saw an episode with Sam Leccima, and aside from outright dishonesty and lawbreaking... he claimed to "drive by" a house and check it out, then he entered (he claimed without permission). Miraculously the house was on the market! He then ran his crew into the ground doing a total renovation for $15K and in 2 weeks (the only mathmatical way to get work like that done is to cheat people). I knew that something wasn't right because you just cannot run a business like that!

I personally like to watch people get a place, get in over their head, and lose their shirt. I know I shouldn't, but I get the same sadistic pleasure as when I see the Internet videos of some loser skater try a trick and land on his nuts (hopefully destroying his reproductive capabilities and improving the gene pool).
My husband is in the trades, and he agrees with you 100%. He loves the Property Ladder show b/c its the first time folks who do everything wrong. And dislikes the pro shows b/c of how they treat the workers.

Old 05-21-2007, 08:23 PM

1,507 posts, read 5,911,477 times
Angry Is that....

Quote:
Originally Posted by missyM View Post
I agree re San Antonio "flippers".
He is SO disagreeable!! If my DH spoke to me like that, or did the things that moron does.......oh, wow.

Remember the one where he wanted a professional photog to do a shoot- for free? I hope it was all for drama and he's not really like that.
At least the Atlanta fraud had a pleasant personality.
is that the Spanish/Latino married couple w/ the brother as a business partner? The obnoxious Husband/owner drives a Hummer and has a huge Rottweiler? The 2 meek timid little wifeys tiptoe around in matching outfits & heels while picking out cabinets & paint colors then they mumble & fret about how hard she/they are working? Groan.. give me a break...Oh no- but don't break a nail. Didn't he chase her with a cockroach once? She was screaming...Ewwwww...They even have a little boy (why bring him on the show?)

I have a strong dislike for the Husband & his brother and NO RESPECT for that wife w/ no balls.

Old 05-22-2007, 06:24 AM

2,314 posts, read 2,840,400 times
The brother actually seems to be pretty nice from what I can tell. You have to give it to them though if his life story is true!

Old 05-22-2007, 06:34 AM

6,333 posts, read 18,071,069 times
Quote:
Yep, saw that Armando was going to be in Dallas for that Trump motivational racquet. Totally put the whole thing into the gargabe as it had zip credibility w/ some of the folks that were featured. Like I'd go in the first place.
The Trump promoters bugged me for about a week wanting me to pay $5,000 to set up a booth at the Trump Dallas show. Told me there will be 1,000's of investors there who will be interested in our services.

I said no. I don't know what kind of "investors" they attract, but I imagine the purpose is to sell CD's and books (and booth space). I think these TV shows create too many false dreams for people who think they can just stroll out into the market and become real estate investors. Its' in fact a very, very risky business and it takes enormous discipline. These seminars might work for 1 out of 100 people, to get them motivated and provide some initial direction, but of those who succeed, I'd bet they could have done just as well without the seminar.

Old 05-24-2007, 07:21 PM

1,507 posts, read 5,911,477 times
Talking Life story?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlotteAgent View Post
The brother actually seems to be pretty nice from what I can tell. You have to give it to them though if his life story is true!
So what's his life story?
I'm just guessing.
Did he float onto the beach in Miami with only the shirt on his back?

Many of us have hard-luck stories. No silver spoons stories in my closet. Just skeletons & in-laws.
Regardless, it's no excuse for him to be a pompous a s s
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate