Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2011, 08:44 AM

12,475 posts, read 32,246,306 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentbackadvice View Post
Its a beautiful home! i suggest to switch your broker soon.
That post was originated in 2007.

If that house hasn't sold and the OP still has the same Agent, I'll agree with you!!!

Vicki
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2012, 07:11 AM

1 posts, read 675 times
I am in totally the same boat . . .our house - - great house - - - on the market since Feb. 2011 . . . no offers at the present time. I appreciate all the thoughts. I had it with a realtor .. . went to For Sale by Owner & now with another realtor since May. My mind is still wondering about all the decisions. The new realtor is like the old one - - - well respected in the business, but this is the second open house this realor is not hosting, but gives it to another agent in the office. That is disappointing as this realtor may have too many properties to market. The only communication is when we send an email & then we get a reply relatively soon. There was a showing last Thursday . . . it is Sunday and no reply . . . just wanted to see how long it would take. I don't mind "bad news", but no news is frustrating. There is really no marketing plan . . . I suggested the lowering of the price . . . it there anything else to consider as we move forward?

Old 06-10-2012, 08:19 AM

3,720 posts, read 9,999,504 times
If you have your home in the right condition to sell (clean, decluttered, touched up, etc.) and you are listed on the MLS, chances are your home is priced too high.

Open Houses rarely sell the house - but sometimes do so it can't hurt to try. The most effective marketing is to have great pictures of your show-ready home and put them on the MLS...at the right price. That will bring the buyers. If you have been on and off the market for 16 months, it's time for a price change.

Let your agent know your expectations for communication. Ask them to call once a week to discuss what is going on with your sale.

Old 06-10-2012, 08:27 AM

34,090 posts, read 82,975,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd2012 View Post
...no offers at the present time.
This statement implies that there WERE offers at some other time.

How many people have viewed your home?
How many offers have you had?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinaN
If you have your home in the right condition to sell (clean, decluttered, touched up, etc.)
and you are listed on the MLS, chances are your home is priced too high.
^^What she said.

Old 06-10-2012, 11:08 AM

19,855 posts, read 65,829,411 times
Are you in an area where other houses are selling? Is your house the oddball in the area? Open houses are for the agent to collect unrepresented buyers and lookie-loos. Rarely does one sell then. My agent lets newbies in her office do them and I think this is a common practice.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.

Old 06-10-2012, 02:46 PM

10,965 posts, read 21,985,795 times
Link didn't work when I clicked on it, but what do you think the new agent could do better than the current agent?

Old 06-11-2012, 07:28 AM

11,523 posts, read 14,656,371 times
We changed realtors and our house sold in a month. The new agent lowered the listing price to the correct comps, but she als aggressively marketed it--staged the house and it was good before, but a "wow" house after, brought in her stuff, boxes, to stage it, colored brochures, followed up w/ every client/agent that stepped foot in house, broker tours, open houses. pre-inspection, all of it. The original realtor was a broker and thought with that credential he'd be great, but found that agents we interviewed after were better! Wish we had gotten rid of him after 3-4 months looking back. All realtors are not created equal.

Old 06-11-2012, 08:43 AM

4,280 posts, read 12,669,028 times
My last sale, the original agent was older and very professional but passive and not what I would call hungry. He was not agressive following up with agents that showed the house. After 6 months I changed agents. The new agent had been in the business for a good 10 years but she was hungry. She worked smart and hard. Great followup with other agents that showed the home. She sold it with in 90 days.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate