Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2010, 05:50 PM

995 posts, read 3,932,774 times

Advertisements

To OP,

I was in the same shoe as your buyer 2 years ago. I had an executed contract to sell house A when I made an offer to buy house B. The purchase contract for B was contingent on CLOSING house A.

Had my seller asked me to remove that contingency clause (even if I knew that the financing contingency will give another out), I would have given up buying house B and started looking for house C. My advice, don't play hard ball as it can back fire you.

Have you read the buyer's executed contract to sell his house? Is it solid? Is he trustworthy? Can you get another buyer soon? You need to trust your gut in this case.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2010, 07:44 PM

1,728 posts, read 3,129,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by acegolfer View Post
To OP,

I was in the same shoe as your buyer 2 years ago. I had an executed contract to sell house A when I made an offer to buy house B. The purchase contract for B was contingent on CLOSING house A.

Had my seller asked me to remove that contingency clause (even if I knew that the financing contingency will give another out), I would have given up buying house B and started looking for house C. My advice, don't play hard ball as it can back fire you.

Have you read the buyer's executed contract to sell his house? Is it solid? Is he trustworthy? Can you get another buyer soon? You need to trust your gut in this case.
Thanks, I haven't read the buyer's contract on her own house so have no idea on how solid it is. I think mortgage approval is the only thing missing from that end. I do know that the buyer herself is willing to put down 30% on my home so she does have the finances and hopefully won't have problems in qualifying for a mortgage herself.

I'll have to follow up with my agent on this because my own attorney seems to think there's no problem asking for the removal of the home sale contingency clause and so far no word yet from the buyer since Monday.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate