Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2008, 10:48 AM

279 posts, read 1,139,525 times

Advertisements

I went out with some friends the other night and had more then a few oyster shooters! they were so tasty and spicey, I really had more of these then I did actual sushi!! but I forogot to ask what the recipe was before we left.

Does anyone here know what the Sushi chefs use in the recipe? I sure it varies from restaurant to restaurant...but I can't seem to find anything online that is close to what was in my glass.

I know it was the red chili sauce, quail egg, smelt roe and green onion chopped fine... the rest I have no idea and I wasn't close enough to see them make them for our table.

Any help would be appreciated.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2009, 09:24 AM

1 posts, read 27,476 times
I have also been trying to find out how to make this shooter. Haven't had any luck so far. Surely there's somebody out there that can tell us how to do it.

Old 03-18-2009, 11:40 AM

21,353 posts, read 8,455,340 times
I would love to know this too... the best oyster shooters I've had were at a restaurant called Seviche on Bardstown Rd. in Louisville, Ky. Really funny since I live on Cape Cod! Funny they'd be great in the middle of the country... but I haven't even seen them on a menu here on the Cape!

There's a great japanese sushi restaurant on Bardstown in Louisville too, it's called Sapporo's... but in the 3 times I've eaten there, I've not noticed the shooters on their menu.

I hope someone comes along and gives us an idea on the ingredients!

Old 03-19-2009, 05:59 PM

1,036 posts, read 2,836,588 times
Try adding Ponzu Sauce. I haven't had an oyster shooter but based on the information you provided I googled "spicy japanese oyster shooters quail egg" & the results that came up said Ponzu Sauce. The second one down has this ingredient list:

Oyster Shooter - Oyster, sake, smelt egg, green onion, spicy ponzu sauce

Old 09-04-2010, 06:10 PM

1 posts, read 23,987 times
From Sushi Dude....

This recipe is from having Sushi in as many as 100 of the best Sushi Restaurants in Southern California, and seeking out the best Osyter Shooter. I believe this is the best recipe, and I have good taste, I trust you will like this.

You will need a Martini Glass.
You will then place the items I list below, in the glass, in the order that I listed them.

1 Oyster
1 Quail Egg (yoke only)
1 Smelt Roe (a touch)
1 Green Onion (finely chopped) a touch
1 Chili Sauce (Sriracha) a splash
1 Table Spoon of Soy Sauce
1 Table Spoon of Mirin
1 Table Spoon of Rice Vinegar
1 Table Spoon of Ponzu sauce
1 Lemon Juice a splash
1 Shot Glass of Sake (pronunced "Sock-hee") (if you prefer Alcohol)

please email me, to let me know if this worked out for your taste.
deleted

Last edited by Beretta; 09-04-2010 at 06:45 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes